Educational

Author Topic: I am cooking a turkey  (Read 629 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: I am cooking a turkey
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »
I don't get any opportunities anymore to eat a real fresh turkey anymore.  A lot of good memories though.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 08:13:18 PM »
Could you cook one for yourself this year?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »
Nah, it would be a waste, i couldnt eat all that.  Also, I can't cook.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 09:28:40 PM »

I will soon have a lot of meat on my hands!

i felt that it was my responsibility to point this out.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 10:15:59 PM »
Nah, it would be a waste, i couldnt eat all that.  Also, I can't cook.

It's easy to cook. Also, turkeys are available in different sizes and you can even buy just the breast or drumsticks if you want. It also freezes very well if you cook more than you can eat in a few days. There is no excuse. :)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 10:36:03 PM »
It isnt the turkey itself i am remincing of, it is the big turkey baked in an oven, eating at a table with friends and family, the whole experience.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 10:53:04 PM »
Oh, the dreaded, whole famn damily get together ... those aren't for me.

For some reason the week before a family get together, I get a little stressed and once it's over and I can regroup it takes a couple of days to decompress. There's another one of those miserable events approaching.

I like my family, even my in-laws are fine, but it's just too much all at once to have them all in the same house. The thing that saved me over Thanksgiving is that there were three babies born to the family this year and I got to spend a lot of time with little cute, curious people, instead of big, noisy, agressive, stubborn people.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 10:57:42 PM »
I was so out of touch with what my family talked about, they were good experiences.  We're talking, one 10 year old, two 40 year olds, and two 60 year olds.  I had no fucking clue what they were talking about, my job was to listen, eat food, and smile occasionally. 

Litigious

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 06:10:40 AM »
My undiagnosed AS dad isn't going to celebrate Christmas or New Years eve with us this year. He's away working in another part of the country of 1½ month. Conveniantly he will also not have to celebrate my brother's, my grandmother's or my own birthday. That's aspieness over the top - and in denial.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 11:48:56 AM »

Why is he in denial?

Litigious

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 11:59:30 AM »

Why is he in denial?

He probably thinks it's shameful to have AS.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 12:16:43 PM »
I know a girl who moved to Sweden from Russia.  She has HFA, but her parents won't admit it, since the have the Orthadox Church thing of disabilities being a punishment from god, combined with the cultural background of people with mental issues being locked up in institutions in Russia.  She's finally getting her life sorted out a bit, but her parents seem to have done enormous damage to her already due to their attitudes and their own problems.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Litigious

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 12:18:25 PM »
My father isn't religious, it's just an attitude from the older generation. He's more or less in denial of my AS as well...