Educational

Author Topic: They were almost raped, guys.  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: They were almost raped, guys.
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2013, 08:34:48 AM »
What motivation would a thirteen-year-old girl have to make up a rape story on the internet under an alias about a 14-year-old she knows IRL?

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24535161/jury-finds-girls-parents-liable-calling-teacher-perv

I don't know.

That all said, it is a very difficult issue. I see a very real agenda in society to paint men as either (incompetent/stupid/lazy/helpless/immature/dependent/losers) or (violent/aggressive/psychopathic/sexual and physical aggressors). Look at any sitcom, cartoon, series.....you see men falling into one of these two stereotypes and the women normally smart, sassy, successful, independent, powerful.

The media tends to focus stories to show the same. Where there is a question of a woman doing something terrible, normally it is a given that she "needs help/support" and a man doing the same is a violent horrible thing.

THIS is the mentally fostered in society. So as a consequence. Women making false claims are given attention and supported and the men accused are guilty before anything is proved one way or another. Which is absolutely fine......until you are working with a society increasingly convinced that women or girls can not lie and that men always will.

There are exceptions to the rule such as the article above BUT generally women lying and found to be lying do not suffer a consequence of this. Men will usually suffer a consequence of this even when proved not to have done anything wrong.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 08:51:26 AM »
What motivation would a thirteen-year-old girl have to make up a rape story on the internet under an alias about a 14-year-old she knows IRL?

Maybe they're having some little tiff. He plays video games too much. Maybe she's just an asshole. Who knows? ^What ross just said there is true, and yeah I really don't know what that stupid trend is about. Its absolutely retarded, is all I can say about it. Retarded and harmful to men.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »
Just to be fair. One of my problems is something like that almost raped, is I am SURE that there is the kind of beat-up bullshit in there that Rage mentions. I think it is evil. That said I sure as Hell would not be able to pick truth from fiction and think that there is equal amounts of both.

I hate the fact that there is. I would like rape and rapists exposed. I do not want the victims of rape to be exposed to more harm or doubt or anything like that. I want women to be protected and for all rapists (male and female) to be punished.

But the current trends take advantage of this and it hurts people that are genuine about being raped.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »
Its just childish silliness, man. Plain and simple. Very few women naturally think stupid things like this, they're taught to. And they're taught this through media and word of mouth. This horseshit originates from ugly bitches that can't get laid, mentally ill women, or social engineers.

Yeah, some women get raped, and have been raped. That's nasty and bad. But this "rape culture" bullshit, and just about everything third wave feminism does just makes that kind of shit worse. Who says those girls ALWAYS get raped by dudes anyway? In those "almost raped" stories that are popping up online by the MILLIONS in various places, its ALWAYS a fucking dude doing the raping. Ever notice that?

This shit is hateful, man. You can't tell me that even half of these stories are true, because that would mean that men in general actually are evil and dangerous savages, and that we really should be all locked up in cages and fed crackers and pieces of meat every now and then and just go OOOHH OHHH AAAHH AHHH *scratches ass*. And the very idea of that is ridiculous.

Even when thought about seriously, "Are men a danger to society? Moreso than women? Would it be advantageous to isolate men?" its just bullshit.

So yeah. Just to make things PERFECTLY CLEAR, that's why I made this thread. It was a quiet and clever jab at the childish gender war faggotry, and the divisive and catty tactics being used.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:30:52 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »
Society may paint men as incompetent, idiotic brutes, but it hasn't been enough to change the old boys' club problem in business. I'm still paid less than men who can do equivalent work, and I still sit through company meetings where the guys make jokes about how the women's bathroom shouldn't have as many stalls because there aren't enough of us to warrant them.

Re the girl - yeah there are disturbing cases where teen and preteen girls decide to ruin a man's reputation by lying about how they were molested. I'm glad the judge saw through what the girls and their parents did in Al's case of the phys ed teacher.

In the girl's account that Rage posted, I think it was unlikely to be about trying to hurt the guy's reputation because the girl did it under an alias. If she wanted to spread harmful rumors, why wouldn't she have gone to her mother or a female teacher? No, I suspect she knows that what she did was stupid - going to the park alone with the guy late at night even after she was warned against it. She was pushing limits and found out what happens when you do and now she knows. Posting it on an internet site seems more like testing the waters to see how people would react - do they tell her she's been violated and get outraged, or do they ignore/belittle it? I couldn't find the account again to see if there were any comments posted.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2013, 09:00:06 PM »
Society may paint men as incompetent, idiotic brutes, but it hasn't been enough to change the old boys' club problem in business. I'm still paid less than men who can do equivalent work, and I still sit through company meetings where the guys make jokes about how the women's bathroom shouldn't have as many stalls because there aren't enough of us to warrant them.

Re the girl - yeah there are disturbing cases where teen and preteen girls decide to ruin a man's reputation by lying about how they were molested. I'm glad the judge saw through what the girls and their parents did in Al's case of the phys ed teacher.

In the girl's account that Rage posted, I think it was unlikely to be about trying to hurt the guy's reputation because the girl did it under an alias. If she wanted to spread harmful rumors, why wouldn't she have gone to her mother or a female teacher? No, I suspect she knows that what she did was stupid - going to the park alone with the guy late at night even after she was warned against it. She was pushing limits and found out what happens when you do and now she knows. Posting it on an internet site seems more like testing the waters to see how people would react - do they tell her she's been violated and get outraged, or do they ignore/belittle it? I couldn't find the account again to see if there were any comments posted.

why wouldn't she have gone to her mother or a female teacher?

Because lying about something like that is frowned upon pretty severely. Its pretty obvious to me that she didn't want that coming back to bite her.

and I still sit through company meetings where the guys make jokes about how the women's bathroom shouldn't have as many stalls because there aren't enough of us to warrant them

Wouldn't that be easier to solve if we as a species put away childish silliness like a voice for men and radical feminism, then stood shoulder to shoulder and acted like adults? :green:

Lets love each other, guys. (I like fighting and all, but being friends is much more fun. Having friends who will fight me for fun would be ideal.)
I will never stop...

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2013, 01:44:41 AM »
Why are you paid less than the guys in your company doing the same work Pyraxis? I thought that was illegal?
As for the bathroom stalls thing, It sounds both silly and flippant. Was it sexist jabs at women or a man being stupid (Men can be you know)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2013, 03:27:29 AM »
I wonder about this as well.

My wife works at a union job and her wages (and benefits) are set by the union agreement with a corporate entity (UPS).  Only thing that can affect her earnings is whether or not she can take on certain jobs (daily basis and such) due to tenure concerns. More tenured employees have choices that noobs do not. She now has a great deal of tenure and can choose whether or not she makes overtime or gets off early, most of the time.

This time of the season is different, however ... - - - ...  fucking Christmas season (they call it Peak) requires that everyone put in twelve to twenty hours of overtime each week.

Want to keep your job? 

....   then you have to totally die for a couple of months.

But she makes the same as anyone else with the same tenure.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2013, 03:30:30 AM »

BTW, I believe the concept of tenure should be illegal.

Tenure and what horror drains down from it is why our school systems are rated so LOW in the worldwide average.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2013, 05:00:16 AM »
This shit is hateful, man. You can't tell me that even half of these stories are true, because that would mean that men in general actually are evil and dangerous savages, and that we really should be all locked up in cages and fed crackers and pieces of meat every now and then and just go OOOHH OHHH AAAHH AHHH *scratches ass*. And the very idea of that is ridiculous.

What if a third of them is true? A fourth? A fifth?

I don't doubt that there are both kinds, but I sincerely doubt you can tell the difference in each and every case.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2013, 06:28:57 AM »
If they were hand written, I could tell if they're lying. Every lie contains some truth. A woman once showed me how to see it in handwriting. It's very interesting.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2013, 11:45:23 AM »
I don't know for certain about the salary difference. I know the statistics show that it's likely, but I don't know a socially acceptable way to find out the salary of everyone at the company with the same job title. I'm outside the rumor circles because I barely socialize.

I do know that about 95% of the executives are male.

A couple years ago when we were implementing a feature for players to put their own faces on their custom characters in the game we were making, I brought up the question of what female players would do. (The characters in that game were traditionally male.) It was quickly decided that resources couldn't be spared to implement a female option. Last year the question came up of rebuilding the randomizer that populates the crowds. Again, though every character was being remodeled, it was decided that it was too much effort to make some of them female.

It's decisions like that which lead me to suspect that equalizing glass-ceiling type issues just isn't on the agenda. If there were hard proof, of course there could be lawsuits and stuff, but what makes it insidious is that there isn't any hard proof, it's a long series of small inconsequential decisions.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2013, 11:50:43 AM »
As for the bathroom stalls thing, It sounds both silly and flippant. Was it sexist jabs at women or a man being stupid (Men can be you know)

I don't know. Usually I don't give a shit about misogynistic jokes, but for some reason that one stung. Maybe because one of the ways I stay sane when I get overloaded at work is to spend too much time hiding out in the bathroom. Maybe it was because it was one of the high-level people in front of a meeting room of 150 or so people, and the atmosphere was supposed to be one of promoting team unity.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
I think that the glass ceiling thing is something that has been for of a feeling rather than a factual thing. More subjective than objective.
What I mean by this, is that in Western society, the lowest on the totem pole are the unemployed homeless. Of these the majority are men. The services available for men that are homeless or have been displaced from their homes by their partners get little in the way of recourse from law enforcement, laws or community services. The same can not be said for women.

In pretty much the rest of society, there is an equality of potential, treatment, and so on.

Then comes the higher level management. It is no small wonder that most of the people there are men. It is not to do with bias nor preference. It is simply that many women do not seek these positions in comparison to men OR once they are in these positions, drop out.

Women do chose to stay at home with family and the like. Men often see themselves as not having that choice. If their own partner has a lower paying or part-time job or is staying at home, they do not see themselves as having the option to staying at home or taking on a less demanding/lower paid job. So when a position is available in management - who is actually available? Who applies?

Not to sound crass, but...it is a sausagefest. So a LOT of men in these position for reasonable reasons. I there any good reason that it would not "feel like there was a glass ceiling"? Any good reason that with votes it would not favour the preferences of the majority? Any good reason that it would not feel like a boys club. The men at this level too, are likely to be the most determined, cut-throat bastards in society and have managed to knife their way to the top. Are they going to be nice guys given to not getting everything their own way and ignoring anything they did not agree with if it was possible?

More women need to apply for these positions and men or "the patriarchy" can not be blamed for the 95% figures that are thrown at us constantly to verify some conspiratorial withholding of equality in management.

I do not like the feminist agenda and the lies that permeate from the agenda. There is no calling it true, there is skewing of figures or not contextualising statements or figures made or making things subjective rather than objective. It is all dishonest and unto itself indulgent victimhood, not helping society, and certainly not addressing inequality.