Author Topic: Terrorism  (Read 2690 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Terrorism
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 08:53:54 PM »

.....They have a freedom we don't have.  They have the freedom to own their women almost like property.  ....

Actually, that's not called freedom, that's called LICENSE. License is almost always bad for one party but not another.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 09:01:36 PM »
No, it is a freedom they have and we dont.  Over here women being equal to men is not a matter of negotiation.  Over there, they can tip the scales at their leisure.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Scrapheap

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 09:08:47 PM »
No, it is a freedom they have and we dont.  Over here women being equal to men is not a matter of negotiation.  Over there, they can tip the scales at their leisure.

Right... and that's called License not Freedom, look thre two up and you will see the nuance between the two.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 09:40:02 PM »
I dont care if there is a legal difference, it is the principle of the thing.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 10:35:10 PM »
Doesn't it matter more that they kill at all than that they kill themselves?  We are killing people too.  Why is it less evil for us to kill other people than ourselves?

On another matter, freedom is subjective.  We have a lot of freedoms they don't have, and they have some freedoms we don't have.  But what if they don't want our freedoms, they only want their freedoms, how is it our right to imprison them into our definition of freedom?

They have a freedom we don't have.  They have the freedom to own their women almost like property.  We can't do that here.  We have a freedom they don't have, our women are free to be treated as equal, they don't have that freedom over there.  It is just two sides of the same coin. 

And as for joking about it, personally, I consider joking about it to be more respectful than to make it taboo.

You're completely misunderstanding what I said. It's MORE evil to kill others than it is to kill yourself, because you're taking away that person's freedom to live and hurting the people that love them. Suicide is a while other issue. Those suicide bombers aren't just killing themselves, they're killing others. I also never said it was ok for the US to kill people. I'm against us going into Iraq and killing all those people. I'm also against our troops dying because of Bush, though it is partly their own fault for being in the military. Bush is evil too, IMO...I consider him a terrorist too.

I also don't have a problem with talking about 9/11; I just think it's disrespectful to those who have lost people to joke about it. If one of my parents had died in 9/11, would you still want to joke about it with me? Because if that were the case, I would hate you.

Litigious

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 05:01:06 AM »

.....They have a freedom we don't have.  They have the freedom to own their women almost like property.  ....

Actually, that's not called freedom, that's called LICENSE. License is almost always bad for one party but not another.

Amen. In western countries the governments have monopoly on licenses to keep away people whom they don't trust from having access to certain things, in muslim countries private citizens (males) have licenses to keep their wives as slaves. Both systems are evil and just for the sake of taking freedom away from certain people.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 06:57:05 AM »
Okay, but do you think they value human lives?

I suppose it matters more how you feel I am respecting them, but if someone I knew someone who died in 9/11 I would honor their memory by not allowing their death to sour a good joke. 

Litigious

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 07:17:20 AM »

Terrorists by definition don't value human lives very high. But our "democratic" western governments do neither.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 07:20:03 AM »
But they hold their suicide bombers in such high esteem.  Perhaps they value human life as much as we do, they just want their way of life more than we do.

Litigious

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 07:23:48 AM »
They want to force islam upon the entire planet Earth, that's what they're doing. That's called fanaticism. GWB is also a fanatic, but he's a pretty moderate western fanatic, so it isn't that obvious to most of people in the west, at least not in the US itself.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 08:36:30 AM »

I suppose it matters more how you feel I am respecting them, but if someone I knew someone who died in 9/11 I would honor their memory by not allowing their death to sour a good joke. 

That's a strange way to look at it...and "good" is relative. I wouldn't consider the joke good if it was about something like that.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 08:39:40 AM »
If I died, and I existed afterwards, I would be really pissed off if something funny could be drawn from it and everybody was all mournful and quiet and shit.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 08:40:55 AM »
It's not about the dead person, it's about the people who LOST the person.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 08:49:36 AM »
For no reason would I prefer another person to not laugh just because I am dead.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 09:44:19 AM »
It's not about the dead person, it's about the people who LOST the person.