Author Topic: Government shutdown  (Read 1640 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Government shutdown
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 05:50:32 AM »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 06:52:01 AM »
Australia 1975.  :zoinks:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 07:04:10 PM »
I Support Obamacare over the Affordable Care Act ;)

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »
I Support Obamacare over the Affordable Care Act ;)

My blood is burning.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »
Why the shutdown though. My understanding is that it was over the Ombamacare bill that has been signed off by both parties already. Why is this still being fought. Why are they still blocking Obama over everything? Why not (as a government) work co-operatively for the community good instead of getting into head-heads over everything to the point where a shutdown occurs?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »
Why the shutdown though. My understanding is that it was over the Ombamacare bill that has been signed off by both parties already. Why is this still being fought. Why are they still blocking Obama over everything? Why not (as a government) work co-operatively for the community good instead of getting into head-heads over everything to the point where a shutdown occurs?

Or why don't they fucking fix it so its not a fucking trollfest instead of arguing about it?
I will never stop...

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 07:36:12 PM »

It's law. It was law, and then people voted for the President again, and as we have seen yesterday and today (with people signing up for the health care) it is obviously something people need and are utilising. A few ppl in gov't are trying to reverse it for stupid reasons that don't make any sense. They don't base their logic on research, on economics, or on ethics. I have no idea what they base it on...they are shutting down the government because they are butthurt plain and simple.

There are legit things they could be trying to fix about the act, such as being more inclusive of natives, but thats not the topic of the gov't opposition. They want to scrap it altogether. They are idiots plain and simple.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 07:44:42 PM »

It's law. It was law, and then people voted for the President again, and as we have seen yesterday and today (with people signing up for the health care) it is obviously something people need and are utilising. A few ppl in gov't are trying to reverse it for stupid reasons that don't make any sense. They don't base their logic on research, on economics, or on ethics. I have no idea what they base it on...they are shutting down the government because they are butthurt plain and simple.

There are legit things they could be trying to fix about the act, such as being more inclusive of natives, but thats not the topic of the gov't opposition. They want to scrap it altogether. They are idiots plain and simple.

Well, there are people fighting it because in this case the solution is worse than the problem. I don't agree that it should be scrapped though. We need higher quality healthcare in the worst way. These assholes need to remember who pays them, and start solving this problem for real instead of throwing out a bunch of half ass solutions and bitching at each other over whats better.

We need to fire them and elect new people. Also strengthen our constitution.
I will never stop...

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 08:08:17 PM »
Fucking right. The federal government needs to be made to shrink dramatically also, rather than being like a gigantic, poisonous, greasy spider in a web spun from lies, propaganda and the stupidity of sheeple.

Of all the organizations they shut down, I was surprised, and truth told, horrified that the CDC was one of them. Pubmed is also affected, although run by a skeleton staff at the moment. When I saw that the CDC was down, I couldn't help but think about what the fuck is going to be done, if for instance, some deadly virus sweeps america, like one of those old flu pandemics, hantavirus outbreak, or some nasty tropical disease brought back by tourists for instance.

I hope the federal bastards suffer greatly because of this shutdown. Of course I did anyway but I loathe them even more now :
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 08:16:47 PM »
This is only the beginning. Prepare for a decade of governmental savagery.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 08:53:27 PM »
How long do you guys all reckon the bullets will start flying, the extrajudicial kidnappings begin, american citizens being tortured, the first government or govt. sponsored murder?

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
Give it 3 years.

Then people will start rioting.

TheoK

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 04:29:07 AM »
The question is: will the American people finally shoot at their real enemies, the government, the senators, the plutocrats?

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 04:56:42 AM »
Lets hope so.

Although of course we all know that the politicians won't be suffering for this, not on a personal level.

If there is rioting then it can only be hoped the senate gets stormed whilst in session, and the 'people' spewing bullshit, lies and toddler-like temper tantrums when they don't get their way, are pulled from their seats and chopped to pieces by a gun and machete-wielding mob of really fed the fuck up, bloodthirsty, enraged citizens who are tired of being shat on from a great height by the political parties, the self-serving, greedy fucking bunch of inbreeds and dog-rapists.

TheoK

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 05:00:41 AM »
 :agreed: :viking: