Educational

Author Topic: America, fuck yeah!  (Read 23283 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: America, fuck yeah!
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »
you're not denying it. :toporly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2013, 07:19:09 PM »
Speaking of freedom: outright slavery was abolished in Sweden proper in 1335. When was slavery abolished in the USA? Oh, in 1865, just 530 years later.

You forget we were still fighting British influence and we are still today!!

As a set of British colonies, trying to become free from a king it may have took us two hundred years to even come close, but we are still trying.

:facepalm2:

What the hell does "British influence" have to do with slavery in America?

You have to be kidding!!  Remember, all British colonies were slave colonies.

As a set of distributive colonies, WE, NOW FREE STATES, had to fight two wars to remove the British army from our shores.

It took another seventy something years AND a CIVIL War to set our Constitution to reflect our continued resolve and complete the effort.

Once we had met this goal, no longer will the English have providence over this land, WE WISH!!  Still we fight against what should have been done with once our Declaration was presented to the King.

There should NEVER have been need of a Thirteenth Amendment to our Constitution since all the proper wording was set down from the start!!

... and finally in the twenty second century, we, as a nation of plurality, accepting all who enter seeking freedom,  WE are still trying to beat down racism LEFT OVER from the influence of former British rule!!

... get it?

Sorry, it was actually the Thirteenth Amendment. I get them confused in order sometimes, BUT NEVER get the meanings wrong.

We should NEVER have needed to have a constitutional amendment abolishing slavery, except for the horrid leftovers of British rule, which allowed such treatment of human beings as a matter of course.

I think it is interesting, Tig that you chose to ignore this answer to your challenge.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »
Hear hear!
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

TheoK

« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2013, 03:25:09 AM »
It has nothing to do with anything. Ridiculous. Being a colony once doesn't justify slavery for almost another 100 years.

TheoK

« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2013, 04:07:10 AM »
And - since you can't grasp that what Obama and the 500 billionaires are doing is the most "un-American" of all, it's no use discussing with you anyway.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2013, 04:58:41 AM »
It has nothing to do with anything. Ridiculous. Being a colony once doesn't justify slavery for almost another 100 years.

I don't see how DD is trying to justify slavery. I believe he's saying that, all men being created equal, slavery should never have been allowed once the Constitution was ratified.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

TheoK

« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2013, 05:07:01 AM »
Whatever. He believes in Obama's bullshit anyway.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2013, 05:33:06 AM »

I'm reasonably confident that DD isn't an Obama supporter.

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

TheoK

« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2013, 06:03:54 AM »
He believes in the bullshit about "war on terror" etc, not realizing that the real terrorists are the American authorities and the 500 billionaires.

Ask him what he thinks of Snowden.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2013, 06:16:00 AM »
He believes in the bullshit about "war on terror" etc, not realizing that the real terrorists are the American authorities and the 500 billionaires.

Ask him what he thinks of Snowden.

You accuse DD of a lot of things, moving from one to the other, regardless of what DD believes.

Here's another American meme:

TheoK

« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2013, 06:59:09 AM »
Ironically American patriots are pretty much like German patriots in Imperial and Nazi Germany; their mantra contains the words "freedom" and "democracy", but otherwise it's pretty similar. They repeat words like "history", "culture", "tradition", "obligation", "vindication", "our nation", "our leader" etc etc etc ad nauseam and think that the mere words simply mean anything.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2013, 09:00:34 AM »

Actually, i'm pretty sure he said the position of president should be respected. And he's right, but there is a matter that we have the right to fire a president who is breaking the law. Ask him what he thinks of impeachment, dude. Bet he's for it.

I think impeachment is too light at this point, though. I want him put on trial for war crimes and treason.
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »
He has the oddest way of thinking. I once posted a pic of the old church here. It's 900 years old. He got furious and ranted something about it not being built by "free men" or something. Whoever built it, it's still 900 years old.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2013, 09:35:05 AM »
He has the oddest way of thinking. I once posted a pic of the old church here. It's 900 years old. He got furious and ranted something about it not being built by "free men" or something. Whoever built it, it's still 900 years old.

Eh? I guess i'd have to have been there, because I have no idea what that means.  :LOL:
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
I guess that he got pissed that you don't have any 900 year old buildings in the US, and that he had to say something to mock it.