Educational

Author Topic: ASDC is having some issues  (Read 10441 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: ASDC is having some issues
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2015, 03:21:54 PM »
It's gone.

Didn't get the impression Al will give it a second chance.

Did Al say why?

Not that clearly. The site being nearly dead will have been part of it.

Now and then there were weeks of mild activities. Last week, it was mainly Lit and me. Tits-Mcgee and Some_Bloke dropped by once too. Weeks before that, Dunc and Ozy were there for a bit. But really active, that was a long long time ago.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »
It's gone.

Did Al say why?

Now and then there were weeks of mild activities. Last week, it was mainly Lit and me. Tits-Mcgee and Some_Bloke dropped by once too. Weeks before that, Dunc and Ozy were there for a bit. But really active, that was a long long time ago.

Didn't know that Dunc was still active anywhere online.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »
It's gone.

Did Al say why?

Didn't know that Dunc was still active anywhere online.

He was. One of the last men around on ASDC.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #273 on: March 30, 2015, 11:04:22 PM »
I sometimes miss him here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2015, 02:51:15 AM »
Hey Guys. Sorry to anyone who was upset by this. Yes, it is true I had no had auto-renewal and in fact my notice of it impending expiry was sent to an old email address. When I found out I was about to panic and pay and all kinds of things and then realised a horrible truth.
I simply did not want it anymore. I was tired of it. Bored of it, not prepared to address any issues, deal with vetting new members or visiting.
Would I sell it? No. Would I be happy anyone else taking it over. Yeah, I guess. Would i consider going another few rounds with it? No.
Its time is at an end and I am not unhappy or overly sentimental.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2015, 01:38:28 PM »
Sounds like it was just as well if the place wasn't active.

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2015, 01:39:18 PM »
I wish I had seen it in its prime.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2015, 05:44:31 PM »
Hey Guys. Sorry to anyone who was upset by this. Yes, it is true I had no had auto-renewal and in fact my notice of it impending expiry was sent to an old email address. When I found out I was about to panic and pay and all kinds of things and then realised a horrible truth.
I simply did not want it anymore. I was tired of it. Bored of it, not prepared to address any issues, deal with vetting new members or visiting.
Would I sell it? No. Would I be happy anyone else taking it over. Yeah, I guess. Would i consider going another few rounds with it? No.

Are you going to start posting more here then?  :eyelash:
:gopher:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »

If that was the case you should've handed the site over to some other admins like I suggested about 10 months ago.

ASDC was supposed to be a support and activism site to help autistic people in the real world and yet in the end all you can talk about is your damn self and how you feel.

I became disillusioned with the place soon after discovering it and only went there to talk to the people who were there (Lit, Dunc, Peegai, Ozy, etc) and spam a little.

I got the feeling it was nothing more than a monument to Al_Sn's, El_Pres' and PPK's collective egos. Their behavior (especially the first two) confirmed this in that they didn't want to hand power over to new people when they left. When the egos left, and left no one to address site issues, the site predictably died.

In the end, ASDC failed because those in charge absolutely suck as team players.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »
So, how is your board these days, Scrap? :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2015, 12:48:58 AM »

If that was the case you should've handed the site over to some other admins like I suggested about 10 months ago.

ASDC was supposed to be a support and activism site to help autistic people in the real world and yet in the end all you can talk about is your damn self and how you feel.

I became disillusioned with the place soon after discovering it and only went there to talk to the people who were there (Lit, Dunc, Peegai, Ozy, etc) and spam a little.

I got the feeling it was nothing more than a monument to Al_Sn's, El_Pres' and PPK's collective egos. Their behavior (especially the first two) confirmed this in that they didn't want to hand power over to new people when they left. When the egos left, and left no one to address site issues, the site predictably died.

In the end, ASDC failed because those in charge absolutely suck as team players.

You felt that did you? You felt these things? Well of course you did Scrap. You feel these things strongly and it comes across in your righteous indignation. We should all make a little shrine for these feelings.

Which Admin should I have handed this off to 10 moths ago. You have a choice of 3 Admins - Black Butterfly, El Prez or PPK. Come on , this is your narrative, let's see if you can graduate from feelings to facts.

I wasn't talking about myself in as much as giving reasons. But let's be perfectly clear Scrap. If I had not explained, you would have called out my behaviour and demanded an explanation. I give an explanation and  you throw it in my face because YOU are a hypocrite and a projectionist of the highest order.

Its all about YOU, YOUR EGO and YOUR FEELINGS.

Get the fuck over yourself.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2015, 01:17:35 AM »
So, how is your board these days, Scrap? :zoinks:
Intensity cubed, wasn't it?

Offline Walker

• Fresh Meat
  • Has a theoretical degree in physics.
« Reply #282 on: April 01, 2015, 03:27:26 AM »
I've only just got the news, sorry that it didn't work out so well.

Thanks anyway for providing ASDC Al, when it first opened it brought a lot of us back together and many of us have plenty of fond memories there.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #283 on: April 01, 2015, 03:52:30 AM »
I've only just got the news, sorry that it didn't work out so well.

Thanks anyway for providing ASDC Al, when it first opened it brought a lot of us back together and many of us have plenty of fond memories there.

Thanks mate. I am really pleased about that. I have some good memories there too.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #284 on: April 01, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »
You felt that did you? You felt these things? Well of course you did Scrap. You feel these things strongly and it comes across in your righteous indignation. We should all make a little shrine for these feelings.

I would dismiss this as red-herring BS until the last line in which you make it clear that you're just projecting. After all, ASDC was just a shrine to your feelings and ego.

Which Admin should I have handed this off to 10 moths ago. You have a choice of 3 Admins - Black Butterfly, El Prez or PPK.

Bullshit! You could've admined any number of active members who were familiar with the SMF Admin panel: Dunc, Lit, Ozy, Hyke and hell, even I know SMF Admin panel better than you do (unless you were just feinting ignorance).

I wasn't talking about myself in as much as giving reasons.

You weren't giving reasons, you were making pissweak excuses. One of these days you might grow up and learn the difference.

But let's be perfectly clear Scrap. If I had not explained, you would have called out my behaviour and demanded an explanation.

Don't pretend to know the thoughts and motivations of others, you're just making up unfalsifiable bullshit out of your ass

I give an explanation and  you throw it in my face

Once again, you didn't give an explanation, you made pissweak excuses.

because YOU are a hypocrite and a projectionist of the highest order.

Since YOU'VE already been caught projecting, let's talk about hypocrisy, shall we?? You were one of the more active people in (correctly) calling out Alex Plank for his behavior in charge of WP, however in many ways, you pulled a Plankie with the way you ran ASDC. I'm sure you remember how MLA complained about how Alex was an absentee Admin who never gave his mods the tools necessary to fix issues with the site. I remember you nodding in agreement that this was just one more thing wrong about the Boy King. Fast forward a couple years and you're at your own site, doing the very things you condemned Plankie for. Pot meet kettle.    :jaded:

Its all about YOU, YOUR EGO and YOUR FEELINGS.

Get the fuck over yourself.

Projecting again. At least PPK had the self-awareness to admit when he was wrong.