Author Topic: How is the Constitution different from the Bible?  (Read 647 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
How is the Constitution different from the Bible?
« on: September 22, 2013, 11:40:36 AM »
Is it sacred? yes/no/maybe? I think all books should be burned. and I am serious
Why do we need a scroll of partchment to give us rights? shouldn't common sense be well... common?

I'd wipe my ass with it if I could. doesn't mean anything to me, and really. if you need a piece of paper to dictate how your country is run, then I got news for you.

You are ghey!  :zoinks:
:skywarp:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How is the Constitution different from the Bible?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 12:02:11 PM »
Is it sacred? yes/no/maybe? I think all books should be burned. and I am serious
Why do we need a scroll of partchment to give us rights? shouldn't common sense be well... common?

I'd wipe my ass with it if I could. doesn't mean anything to me, and really. if you need a piece of paper to dictate how your country is run, then I got news for you.

You are ghey!  :zoinks:

Books should be burned? Richard...

Keep trollin trollin trollin trollin WUT
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »
But if you really think about it, a book telling you how to live it is silly. not trolling dude,  :zoinks:
(A book in the sense that a piece of paper can be found in a book) so the constitution is a book

I amost feel like being sentimental, is more important than common sense. which the constitution seems to invoke

I have seen bitches crying viewing it. I mean really?  :'(

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 01:59:48 PM »
:trollface:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
We know who wrote the Constitution the bible on the other hand not so much
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 03:45:57 PM »
Think you guys and girls. really, do you need a book or scroll to tell you how to live?
In my experience, people need such things because Tradition, along with sentimental value is something humanity cannot escape.

It simply can't live without it!

I do think laws are necessary however. and while we wont see nirvana here on earth, the less laws we have the better.
I'm certain laws are written down on books and those should also be burned

If I was in DC I would go straight to the bus station to get the hell out of there. I wouldn't visit any monument
Sentamental things tend to divide people, politically and socially. because it never means the same thing to everyone
Also there is questions on wether or not making improvements to the "original" is allowed, because of sentimental traditional bullshit

I would like to be traditional. I would like to think Jesus' birthday is really on the 25th of December, I would like to think Abraham Lincon didn't play with that nigger pussy. The problem is people do not think for themselves, they would much rather have someone do the 'thinking' for them and then well, the rest is history as they say.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »
The question doesn't make sense to me.  Where else would we learn about life?

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.  Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 
~Romans 13:1-2

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »
Jack you fucking bastard!  :laugh:

Where else do we learn about life IgotboredwithLions? well, first of all if you have to know how to live life by reading a book I dont know what to tell you. Is there a wrong way to live life? I guess, books are good for maybe possibly knowing the history of things but even then they become dangerous. they must all be burned

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 09:48:21 PM »

P7PSP

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 11:29:06 PM »
The bible demands religious fidelity on pain of death for non adherence
Genesis chapter 7 genocidal flood,
Genesis chapter 19 Sodom & Gomorah destroyed.
Psalm 149:5-8 "Let the high praise of the lord be on their lips and a two edged sword in their hand to smite the heathens an place their kings in fetters",
II Kings chapter 10 Jehu's army kills Ahab, feeds Jezebel to the dogs and slaughters the followers of Baal-Peor en masse.

Jesus did not change the law either see Matthew 5:17-18

The constitution forbids religious test for public office in Article VI, and specifically allows people to choose any religion, or no religion in Amendment 1.

The bible requires that god be praised even for doing real shitty stuff like drowning most of the world, ordering Abraham to kill Isaac or letting his buddy the devil torment Job on a bet. Also things like laws requiring to kill one's son for gathering firewood on the sabbath. And the bible has a lot of outrageously stupid claims like the world being built and populated in 6 days and Balaam's donkey talking to him in Numbers chapter 22.

The constitution places limits on govt authority including prohibition on cruel or unusual punishment in Amendment 8.

Also while no one knows exactly who wrote that silly book of fables the provenance of the constitution is well documented.

If you really are foolish enough to not care about whether police can raid your house without a warrant, arrest you for making ridiculous statements, apply ex post facto laws or put you on trial with no attorney representation than more power to you Richard. I prefer having such written guarantees even if they are not always applied flawlessly. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:34:39 PM by Cassanova Frankenstein »

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 12:01:03 AM »
Jack you fucking bastard!  :laugh:

Where else do we learn about life IgotboredwithLions? well, first of all if you have to know how to live life by reading a book I dont know what to tell you. Is there a wrong way to live life? I guess, books are good for maybe possibly knowing the history of things but even then they become dangerous. they must all be burned

Life would be boring if it weren't at least a little dangerous :viking:

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 07:51:26 AM »
CF - Yes, I get why we need them in theory. I guess I was searching more for a reason of why we need a piece of paper to guarantee us anything? I mean wouldn't it be common sense to treat another with well, common sense?

I guess I already kind of know why I'm asking this question was just more interested in if my theory of why it is this way was correct.
That's all.  :)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 09:11:09 AM »
CF - Yes, I get why we need them in theory. I guess I was searching more for a reason of why we need a piece of paper to guarantee us anything? I mean wouldn't it be common sense to treat another with well, common sense?

I guess I already kind of know why I'm asking this question was just more interested in if my theory of why it is this way was correct.

The constitution mostly protects the public from rowdydow in the government that serves them, Richard. Do you really want to burn it up? Also, did you really mean that you want to burn all books? You honestly want to destroy the compendium of human knowledge? :dunno:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

P7PSP

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »

The constitution mostly protects the public from rowdydow in the government that serves them, Richard. Do you really want to burn it up? Also, did you really mean that you want to burn all books? You honestly want to destroy the compendium of human knowledge? :dunno:
:plus: for using compendium. The word is some what dated but good.  :viking: