Educational

Author Topic: Iowa FTW  (Read 17980 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Iowa FTW
« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
No, they are not illegal, they are just awfully hard to get legally, except for hunting rifles. And you can't carry a gun for self-defence legally. They will even question you if you use it in your own home.

That verdict seems pretty sound, though. He didn't hurt anyone, even if I think it's disgusting with a 65 year old jerking off in public.

I'm just poking fun really, since my opponents aren't around when I am.

Heres a dude that isn't from America blasting gun control advocates. I like him.

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »

The results of Australia's Gun Ban:

Armed Robberies UP 69%
Assaults With Guns UP 28%
Gun Murders UP 19%
Home Invasions UP 21%
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »
To be fair,
I think most other people around the world bash America because we keep bombing everybody and manipulating economies.
It doesn't help that we believe in 'American exceptionalism'....nobody loves the narcissist but himself.

America is the terrorist.  There is blood all over our hands.

Dude, that I can agree with and i'm sick of it too. For that very reason I think Obama is a shitface for continuing this pattern. I'm also sick of people from other countries making it worse though. I know my country is a piece of shit. I don't need to be constantly reminded of it, because i'm one of the few that's trying to do something about that. I especially don't need to be reminded of it by people that talk just like -this- dumbass:

actually, Obama threatens Syria and now we have a deal for them to put their chemical weapons under UN scrutiny.
Also, the new guy in Iran states he has no interest in nuclear capabilities.

All without a shot being fired.
Also, Afghanistan is almost over, Iraq is.
Obama is moving foreign relations in the right direction.
Perfect? No!
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2013, 01:50:59 PM »
To be fair,
I think most other people around the world bash America because we keep bombing everybody and manipulating economies.
It doesn't help that we believe in 'American exceptionalism'....nobody loves the narcissist but himself.

America is the terrorist.  There is blood all over our hands.

Dude, that I can agree with and i'm sick of it too. For that very reason I think Obama is a shitface for continuing this pattern. I'm also sick of people from other countries making it worse though. I know my country is a piece of shit. I don't need to be constantly reminded of it, because i'm one of the few that's trying to do something about that. I especially don't need to be reminded of it by people that talk just like -this- dumbass:

actually, Obama threatens Syria and now we have a deal for them to put their chemical weapons under UN scrutiny.

Perfect? No!

He didn't get to kill the shit out of middle eastern people because putin outwitted him.
I will never stop...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2013, 04:55:55 PM »
A kitchen knife is not the only knife

Yes

Ok

And?

I can't even remember where you were going with this tbh

anyway, a knife is VERY different to a gun. I'd rather take my chances against someone armed with a knife than someone armed with a gun

You don't have a chance against a guy with a knife either, unless you have a knife yourself. You must be a karate expert or similar to defend yourself without any kind of weapon against a knifeman. But that's the kind of situation you want, obviously, since you are not for the right to carry weapons.

A man with a gun (an loaded gun, obviously) can do more damage before being disarmed than a man with a knife can.

Go into a school with a knife and you can maybe stab one person and then you'll be jumped to the floor. Go in with a gun and you can shoot a dozen people or more.

For a start, you have to actually be within reach of someone to kill them with a knife, unless you're some kind of knife-throwing circus act.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
Tell me you're fucking joking with me. The people *opposing* guns are willing to experiment with people's lives while those in favour are not? That's a stretch, even by your logic.

It's not. Those in favour of guns want you to be able to defend yourself. Those opposing them obviously want you to be defenceless. How would you defend yourself from a 120 kilo robber or burglar in Sweden? Even with a gun it would be tricky, since the cunts in court would question your right to defend yourself even in your own bedrooom 2 o'clock in the morning.

Those cunts who made those laws usually have armed bodyguards and/or live in a very safe neighbourhood. The similar usually goes for the cunts upholding those laws in court.

If banning firesarms works, why oh why would they need armed guards7

There are always going to be isolated incidents. There's a reason why gun violence is much lower in countries without guns though.

Allow guns = kids accidentally shoot each other. man shoots his wife in a fit of rage. etc etc.

Ban guns = maybe some lunatic will get hold of one and try to assassinate someone etc, but it clearly isn't as bad

TheoK

« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2013, 05:05:57 PM »
A kitchen knife is not the only knife

Yes

Ok

And?

I can't even remember where you were going with this tbh

anyway, a knife is VERY different to a gun. I'd rather take my chances against someone armed with a knife than someone armed with a gun

You don't have a chance against a guy with a knife either, unless you have a knife yourself. You must be a karate expert or similar to defend yourself without any kind of weapon against a knifeman. But that's the kind of situation you want, obviously, since you are not for the right to carry weapons.

A man with a gun (an loaded gun, obviously) can do more damage before being disarmed than a man with a knife can.

Go into a school with a knife and you can maybe stab one person and then you'll be jumped to the floor. Go in with a gun and you can shoot a dozen people or more.

For a start, you have to actually be within reach of someone to kill them with a knife, unless you're some kind of knife-throwing circus act.

I guess you never even were in a fistfight.

There was a Japanese guy killing 7 people with a knife in a school.

TheoK

« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2013, 05:07:34 PM »
Tell me you're fucking joking with me. The people *opposing* guns are willing to experiment with people's lives while those in favour are not? That's a stretch, even by your logic.

It's not. Those in favour of guns want you to be able to defend yourself. Those opposing them obviously want you to be defenceless. How would you defend yourself from a 120 kilo robber or burglar in Sweden? Even with a gun it would be tricky, since the cunts in court would question your right to defend yourself even in your own bedrooom 2 o'clock in the morning.

Those cunts who made those laws usually have armed bodyguards and/or live in a very safe neighbourhood. The similar usually goes for the cunts upholding those laws in court.

If banning firesarms works, why oh why would they need armed guards7

There are always going to be isolated incidents. There's a reason why gun violence is much lower in countries without guns though.

Allow guns = kids accidentally shoot each other. man shoots his wife in a fit of rage. etc etc.

Ban guns = maybe some lunatic will get hold of one and try to assassinate someone etc, but it clearly isn't as bad

Ban guns for the state to start with. No one has murdered more people than the state.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2013, 05:12:34 PM »

How convenient that everyone hates my country right now, giving everyone an excuse to talk shit about it as much as they like. Contributing to that really helps. Thanks a lot, Adam and Odeon.

Wtf?  Are you completely deranged? What does this have to do with everyone "hating your country"?

Have either of us said we hate the US?

I crushed him. He only returned when you came and "stood up" to the evil realist, days later.
If you mean me there, yes, I haven't been posting much except a little last night and tonight. I've been busy at work and elsewhere.

Adam turned it into a gun control debate, and took it to the "U CAN'T REBEL AGAINST GUBMINT" level, not me.

Read the FIRST FUCKING PAGE. Both you and Lit were already talking about gun control and defending yourself from the govt or however you put it. I could go back and post quotes, but  honestly? i just don't care enough.

Because health care is something you work for, and rights are defended with your gun.
Why?

Why should you need to work for health care? HEALTH CARE FFS.

That seems pretty backward to me.

Key words there. MY COUNTRY. The one you aren't a resident of, piers morgan. ;)

Lol. OK, so I destroy your claim and that is all you can come back with?

Last I checked I'm allowed to have an opinion on issues affecting countries other than my own. Don't YOU give a shit about anyone elsewhere in the world? Anyway, it's not just gun control in the US is it? It's gun control, full stop. If you'll look at most of my posts on guns, you'll see I usually talk about the UK actually. not the US.

How about you bring something to this instead of a bunch of fingerpointing and empty denial?

Because I don#t give enough of a shit to go reasearching for an argument on the intenret. Note: I am NOT saying I don't read into gun control, gun violence etc. But not specifically to go ad get figures for this thread.

If you are so eager to socially engineer the people of my country, and you are sure that you are justified in this, how about you actually convince me?

I want to socially engineer the people of your country? Wow. That's news to me :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2013, 05:13:45 PM »

Perfect? No!

He didn't get to kill the shit out of middle eastern people because putin outwitted him.

I don't think Putin outwitted him. I think Obama played a critical role in a successful negotiation.

Without somebody to stand there and hold the big stick, there wouldn't have been near the urgent incentive for Syria to agree with Russia's proposal. Obama has that stick because of his successful operation against Bin Laden. I don't know if Obama was playing a big bluff and never intended to invade, or whether he honestly wanted to spend a halfton of USA resources on another foreign war, but I don't think it matters that much.

The same thing is true in the smaller scenario of a gun crime. In the USA, you don't know whether a given person is carrying, and you don't know whether a given house will be defended with guns. That makes a criminal's job that much harder.

There will be mistakes, of course. I think the goal of eliminating mistakes entirely is actually shoddy thinking. We haven't figured out yet how to breed sociopathy out of the human genome, and the patterns of evolution and game theory show that it's unlikely to be done anytime soon. There's still a need for personal defense whether one lives in the USA or Sweden. Mistakes can be limited under highly controlled conditions, but there's a point of diminishing returns, the same way as there is when eliminating bugs in software development. Government control will never let people live in perfect safety, it will just present them with different dangers.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #325 on: September 20, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »

Heres a dude that isn't from America blasting gun control advocates. I like him.

But he's NOT FROM AMERICA! He's a foreigner! How dare he have an opinion?!?!? :laugh:

TheoK

« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
Puto Adamum non fortem esse!  :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2013, 05:41:29 PM »

But he's NOT FROM AMERICA! He's a foreigner! How dare he have an opinion?!?!? :laugh:

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, i'm just plainly telling you, you're full of shit.

Wtf?  Are you completely deranged? What does this have to do with everyone "hating your country"?

Have either of us said we hate the US?

You don't need to say it. The fact that you want so badly to change the U.S. constitution to make you feel good is proof enough. Don't feel too bad, hater. Our president hates us too.

Read the FIRST FUCKING PAGE. Both you and Lit were already talking about gun control and defending yourself from the govt or however you put it. I could go back and post quotes, but  honestly? i just don't care enough.

We had an exchange about the second amendment and the purpose of it. You're the one that flew off the handle, not me.

Why?

Why should you need to work for health care? HEALTH CARE FFS.

That seems pretty backward to me.

Not to me. If you want the finer things in life, you should be willing to roll up them sleeves.

Lol. OK, so I destroy your claim and that is all you can come back with?

Last I checked I'm allowed to have an opinion on issues affecting countries other than my own. Don't YOU give a shit about anyone elsewhere in the world? Anyway, it's not just gun control in the US is it? It's gun control, full stop. If you'll look at most of my posts on guns, you'll see I usually talk about the UK actually. not the US.
You didn't destroy my claim on this planet. And sure, you're allowed to have your opinion, and i'm allowed to tell you its bullshit, then pull stats and facts that prove you wrong. I have the right.

you'll see I usually talk about the UK actually. not the US.

But not this time. Your intolerance of Lit and I having an exchange about the second amendment and how things work in the U.S. overcame you.

Because I don#t give enough of a shit to go reasearching for an argument on the intenret. Note: I am NOT saying I don't read into gun control, gun violence etc. But not specifically to go ad get figures for this thread.
If you cared enough, you'd have a stack of papers on it by now. I have tons of information which supports the opposing argument, and I use it all the time. But hey, to each his own.

I want to socially engineer the people of your country? Wow. That's news to me

Well if that's not your intent then get your nose out of my constitution, boy.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »

Perfect? No!

I don't think Putin outwitted him. I think Obama played a critical role in a successful negotiation.

Without somebody to stand there and hold the big stick, there wouldn't have been near the urgent incentive for Syria to agree with Russia's proposal. Obama has that stick because of his successful operation against Bin Laden. I don't know if Obama was playing a big bluff and never intended to invade, or whether he honestly wanted to spend a halfton of USA resources on another foreign war, but I don't think it matters that much.

The same thing is true in the smaller scenario of a gun crime. In the USA, you don't know whether a given person is carrying, and you don't know whether a given house will be defended with guns. That makes a criminal's job that much harder.

There will be mistakes, of course. I think the goal of eliminating mistakes entirely is actually shoddy thinking. We haven't figured out yet how to breed sociopathy out of the human genome, and the patterns of evolution and game theory show that it's unlikely to be done anytime soon. There's still a need for personal defense whether one lives in the USA or Sweden. Mistakes can be limited under highly controlled conditions, but there's a point of diminishing returns, the same way as there is when eliminating bugs in software development. Government control will never let people live in perfect safety, it will just present them with different dangers.

That's an interesting take on it, and for the most part I agree. What the gun haters don't understand is that most of the time just showing your piece is enough.

I have to say that I disagree about Obama. From what I understand it was found that the Syrian rebels were the ones who committed mass murder with chemical weapons. And those were the same rebels being trained and supplied by NATO forces. That's a pretty damning situation for the guy any way you look at it, especially with the whole Benghazi debacle still stinging a lot of us.
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »
From what I understand it was found that the Syrian rebels were the ones who committed mass murder with chemical weapons. And those were the same rebels being trained and supplied by NATO forces. That's a pretty damning situation for the guy any way you look at it, especially with the whole Benghazi debacle still stinging a lot of us.

Who found it? Granted I haven't looked into it deeply, but the mainstream USA news sources I saw said it was Assad's regime with the chemical weapons, and Putin's article in the newspaper said it was the rebels.

Now that there's an agreement, who's preparing the reports and turning over the chemical weapons?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.