Author Topic: Iowa FTW  (Read 17805 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Iowa FTW
« Reply #870 on: October 17, 2013, 10:02:37 AM »
Your debt ceiling, to use a recent example, could easily cause a worldwide depression so what you do to solve it is everybody's business. Your gun politics affect how you deal with your country but also how you deal with others, and so it is our business. Only Michael Jackson thought living in a plastic bubble would actually solve anything.

Ugh. This is true.

I don't see how turning the entire country into Chicago will solve that, though.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #871 on: October 17, 2013, 12:40:59 PM »
THE HOLOCAUST IS COMING!!!!!11!1! :tinfoil:

People are raped and tortured to death at this very momnet in Syria. Not long ago that happened in ex Yugoslavia. But you and odeon know with 100% certainty that that is never going to happen in Sweden, the UK or the US. Amazing.

What's amazing is that you put words in our mouths, words we never uttered.

Logically that is the only conclusion one can draw. If you want the people to be able to stand even the slightest shadow of a chance to avoid something like what has happened in Bosnia and is happening in Syria right now in, you can't be in favour of gun laws. With registered guns, limitations of capacity on guns etc etc the people will barely stand a chance to defend itself.

I myself say that it is very unlikely that something like that in Syria will happen in Sweden in any short time from now, but it's also very unlikely that one's house will burn down, and yet almost everyone has a fire insurance. Accepting any gun control is like having a house but no fire insurance.

You might draw that conclusion and even think that is logical in some twisted way.

I don't. Stop putting words in my mouth.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #872 on: October 17, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »
Your debt ceiling, to use a recent example, could easily cause a worldwide depression so what you do to solve it is everybody's business. Your gun politics affect how you deal with your country but also how you deal with others, and so it is our business. Only Michael Jackson thought living in a plastic bubble would actually solve anything.

Ugh. This is true.

I don't see how turning the entire country into Chicago will solve that, though.

:laugh:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #873 on: October 17, 2013, 12:45:20 PM »

Ugh. This is true.

:laugh:

You see how silly that is, don't you? I think the white elephant in the room right now is interests which are counter intuitive to prosperity on part of American leaders, who are working with corporate individuals and wal-street. Motherfuckers seem to think the American economy is a fucking game.

Well I got news for them, this game they're playing is going to wind up pissing off more than the American people. This is BIG trouble. One country with really high stakes in our economy is china, and those guys are a very powerful country now, with powerful allies. This shit ain't a game, Cruz! It isn't a game, Oblamo! Quit playing around!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:47:10 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #874 on: October 17, 2013, 12:52:01 PM »

People are raped and tortured to death at this very momnet in Syria. Not long ago that happened in ex Yugoslavia. But you and odeon know with 100% certainty that that is never going to happen in Sweden, the UK or the US. Amazing.

Logically that is the only conclusion one can draw. If you want the people to be able to stand even the slightest shadow of a chance to avoid something like what has happened in Bosnia and is happening in Syria right now in, you can't be in favour of gun laws. With registered guns, limitations of capacity on guns etc etc the people will barely stand a chance to defend itself.

I myself say that it is very unlikely that something like that in Syria will happen in Sweden in any short time from now, but it's also very unlikely that one's house will burn down, and yet almost everyone has a fire insurance. Accepting any gun control is like having a house but no fire insurance.

You might draw that conclusion and even think that is logical in some twisted way.

If you have a situation like in Syria you can't talk the oppressors into not torturing and murdering you. You must use violence.

In all countries in WWII where they had gun registries, the Germans simply gave the civilians 24 hours to turn in their guns. In Greece and Yugoslavia they had no gun control, and those countries were also the ones that were hardest to control, becasue the resistance movements there were well armed.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #875 on: October 17, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »

If you have a situation like in Syria you can't talk the oppressors into not torturing and murdering you. You must use violence.

In all countries in WWII where they had gun registries, the Germans simply gave the civilians 24 hours to turn in their guns. In Greece and Yugoslavia they had no gun control, and those countries were also the ones that were hardest to control, becasue the resistance movements there were well armed.

This is my "interested" face:

:M

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #876 on: October 17, 2013, 12:59:58 PM »
You see how silly that is, don't you? I think the white elephant in the room right now is interests which are counter intuitive to prosperity on part of American leaders, who are working with corporate individuals and wal-street. Motherfuckers seem to think the American economy is a fucking game.

Well I got news for them, this game they're playing is going to wind up pissing off more than the American people. This is BIG trouble. One country with really high stakes in our economy is china, and those guys are a very powerful country now, with powerful allies. This shit ain't a game, Cruz! It isn't a game, Oblamo! Quit playing around!

I've always wanted to know what the Chinese will do to get their money back.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #877 on: October 17, 2013, 03:02:39 PM »

Thanks for (once again) telling me what I think. Thank god I have you to inform me of what the fuck my thoughts actually are!

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #878 on: October 17, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »

They'll annex California, then threaten to give it back unless we pay them. :zoinks:

(:P at PPK.)
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

TheoK

« Reply #879 on: October 17, 2013, 03:19:44 PM »

This is my "interested" face:

:M

Actually, you haven't told what we should do if a situation like the one in Syria ever occurs here.

TheoK

« Reply #880 on: October 17, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »

Thanks for (once again) telling me what I think. Thank god I have you to inform me of what the fuck my thoughts actually are!

OK, tell me how we should protect ourselves against being murdered by the state, with gun control, then.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #881 on: October 17, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »

It is indeed something i'm worried about.
I will never stop...

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #882 on: October 17, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
Maybe they'll be too busy dying of cancer from the pollution they've created while making cheap plastic crap for USA dollar stores.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #883 on: October 17, 2013, 06:24:10 PM »
Maybe they'll be too busy dying of cancer from the pollution they've created while making cheap plastic crap for USA dollar stores.

We can only hope. I mean if they try to force the issue, it will be war. If they cut off trades and such it will make us crash, which will probably result in war. Goddamit why we gotta be doin wars?
I will never stop...

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #884 on: October 15, 2014, 09:52:43 AM »
A thread about Iowa made it to 59 pages??  :zombiefuck:

I've been to Iowa a few dozen times. There isn't enough in that state to write 59 pages about.

Ooh, look! a cow.  Ooh, look! corn!  Ooh, look! a barn.  Ooh, look! a silo!   ::)