Author Topic: Iowa FTW  (Read 18145 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Iowa FTW
« Reply #825 on: October 07, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »
Odeon, you are only able to produce one statement where you "admit" you don't want to see my country crumble. However peppered throughout this thread, are statements like this.

right granted to you in 'merica (fuck yeah) by the constitution

My country and its laws. You don't have to like the laws that govern our government because you are not a citizen here. I can produce more quotes like this by the way. One statement saying "please don't think I dislike your country or its constitution" doesn't make everything else you say about it non-existent. That's like when some dude says "with all due respect" then says something blatantly disrespectful after it, as if saying with all due respect is a license to fuck with people.  :dunno:
In America, we are educated to believe that our constitution is the greatest document ever written.  We have a difficult time seeing past our indoctrination.
I am criticising your constitution and your laws, not your country or its people. My comment above makes a reference to the (far more) good-natured fun in the America fuck yeah thread, which I hoped you might get, but I guess not. I'm sorry you are being such a sensitive little flower.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #826 on: October 07, 2013, 10:37:27 AM »
Actually nowadays in America, we are educated to believe the constitution is the "dirty little middle man" in the path to true progress. Really, its the last thing protecting us from none.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

TheoK

« Reply #827 on: October 07, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »
For being a constitution I think it is the greatest one ever written. Which one would be greater?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #828 on: October 07, 2013, 10:45:21 AM »
For being a constitution I think it is the greatest one ever written. Which one would be greater?

^Agreed. Answer this question, Jagger. What is wrong with it, exactly? Why are so many people deadest on destroying it?
I will never stop...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #829 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »

^Agreed. Answer this question, Jagger. What is wrong with it, exactly? Why are so many people deadest on destroying it?
our system of govt is full of murderers. Of thieves.

The bible is better.  Because more people have Been murdered in its name.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #830 on: October 07, 2013, 10:43:05 PM »
I dont see how that quote from odeon suggests he hates amerca

My guess is that outsiders aren't allowed to criticise it, only praise it.  /shrugs

Honestly, speaking as a "proud 'merican,"  it has often been the praise of outsiders (whose money we wanted to flow onto our shores) that has caused us to continually overstep our borders, acting as the world's police force.

"Never let the $$$ stop!!"

I sometimes wonder what we could have made of ourselves if we had just said, "NO!" more often (to both outsiders and ourselves) and kept our own $$$ at home to support each other, instead of propping up half the world artificially.

I can only think of a few examples where a "democracy intent"  has successfully replaced tyranny.

:'(

The US is a superpower and its economy, troubled as it may be, is huge and isolationist politics simply wouldn't work. Like it or not, you need to keep that $$$ flowing.

As for acting as the world's police force, I can think of a few instances where you should have said no to yourselves and some where you should have said no to others. But the role comes with the territory, I'm afraid.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #831 on: October 07, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »
But you are talking against yourself. You have said that you have little faith in democracy and that you think that politicians break the laws, are corrupted etc. Or you still mean that this corrupted system with enormous nation states is better than a system with small anarchistic societies with a few hundred persons in each would be? Strange. In a society with 500 members the control is of course much greater than in a nation state with 10 millions or 300 millions or one billion.

Yes.

Narrow-minded.

Says you.

Me, I think the world needs more than a pipe dream.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #832 on: October 07, 2013, 10:58:30 PM »
I didn't know one has to live in 'merica to be allowed to criticise its constitution. I've seen you discuss the rest of the world, yet I'm pretty sure you've never lived anywhere outside the US. What's the difference, in your opinion?

VERY RARELY, have I criticized other cultures, or their laws. And only when they affect citizens of mine directly. I have very often and quite aggressively been critical of my own country and its actions in other countries though. And I have been critical of the general hatred for my country.

That's the difference.

Here's the thing, Rage.

I live in a country that is quite insignificant, to be perfectly honest. I like it, even though there are things that are wrong and fucked up, and so mostly it's a good place to live. Its actions in the world are largely inconsequential, however, and in many ways, the actions of your country have more effect here than whatever my government does.

And what's more, I doubt you know enough to discuss my country's problems in any detail. I'm not blaming you, it's simply that very little here warrants the attention of the rest of the world. I suppose we might be more on par with each other if discussing China or Japan, two countries that affect us both.

But when it comes to my country, you wouldn't know what to say. Simple as that.

THAT is a difference, so don't kid yourself.

But what you choose to talk about is hardly the point. The fact that you are implying that there are subjects I shouldn't touch is. I have not insulted your country or its inhabitants. I have criticised your laws and your constitution, and will continue doing so when I want to.

Live with it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #833 on: October 07, 2013, 11:01:42 PM »

"Criticise" does not equal "destroy".

You should stop acting as if it was your religion.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #834 on: October 08, 2013, 04:28:57 AM »
But you are talking against yourself. You have said that you have little faith in democracy and that you think that politicians break the laws, are corrupted etc. Or you still mean that this corrupted system with enormous nation states is better than a system with small anarchistic societies with a few hundred persons in each would be? Strange. In a society with 500 members the control is of course much greater than in a nation state with 10 millions or 300 millions or one billion.

Yes.

Narrow-minded.

Says you.

Me, I think the world needs more than a pipe dream.

It's a pipe dream because most people are idiots without visions and without the ability to think out of the box.

It's not at all physically impossible, as if I said that they could go to the moon in a baloon. Its just that most people are unwilling to even try.

If someone for real believes that there will be any real change ever by voting on a political party, that person simply doesn't understand that this system was made for status quo and nothing else. That's why it's called a state.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:02:49 AM by Lit »

TheoK

« Reply #835 on: October 08, 2013, 05:05:31 AM »
I didn't know one has to live in 'merica to be allowed to criticise its constitution. I've seen you discuss the rest of the world, yet I'm pretty sure you've never lived anywhere outside the US. What's the difference, in your opinion?

VERY RARELY, have I criticized other cultures, or their laws. And only when they affect citizens of mine directly. I have very often and quite aggressively been critical of my own country and its actions in other countries though. And I have been critical of the general hatred for my country.

That's the difference.

Here's the thing, Rage.

I live in a country that is quite insignificant, to be perfectly honest. I like it, even though there are things that are wrong and fucked up, and so mostly it's a good place to live. Its actions in the world are largely inconsequential, however, and in many ways, the actions of your country have more effect here than whatever my government does.

And what's more, I doubt you know enough to discuss my country's problems in any detail. I'm not blaming you, it's simply that very little here warrants the attention of the rest of the world. I suppose we might be more on par with each other if discussing China or Japan, two countries that affect us both.

But what you choose to talk about is hardly the point. The fact that you are implying that there are subjects I shouldn't touch is. I have not insulted your country or its inhabitants. I have criticised your laws and your constitution, and will continue doing so when I want to.

Live with it.

Wait 20-30 years and see if you think that Sweden is a good place to live then too. Your beloved politicians are doing everything to destroy it. I know people from Italy who say that they already have better public healthcare there.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #836 on: October 08, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »

That's the difference.

Here's the thing, Rage.

Live with it.

And I will continue to attack that behavior. Forever. ;)
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #837 on: October 08, 2013, 09:44:32 AM »

"Criticise" does not equal "destroy".

You should stop acting as if it was your religion.

You put your foot in your mouth again. There actually are a lot of people in my country(you've never been here) that would like to see the constitution destroyed. They think its just in the way.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #838 on: October 08, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »

our system of govt is full of murderers. Of thieves.

The bible is better.  Because more people have Been murdered in its name.

Eat shit. :M
I will never stop...

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #839 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:51 PM »
Yeah I'm with DirtDawg on the point about corrupt and petty neighborhood associations. In one place, we had people pissed off because we painted green trim on our house. Forest green trim alongside beige siding and a brown roof, for crying out loud. It's not like it was fuscia. Though I love bright colors on houses. But they wanted everything in some shade of beige or grey or white.

Ugh.

UGH, indeed.

In addition to our own need of doctoring, we should have kept our boots under or own beds!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.