Educational

Author Topic: What happens outside where you live?  (Read 16555 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: What happens outside where you live?
« Reply #675 on: July 01, 2018, 08:35:46 PM »
Two magpies are fighting right outside my bedroom window with a whole lot of squawks and flapping.

At least I assume they're fighting and not having sex.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #676 on: September 22, 2018, 05:04:46 PM »
A couple hours ago a neighbor down the street was singing opera while mowing his lawn :GA:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #677 on: September 22, 2018, 05:09:12 PM »
I can't stand 'normal' opera. Ugh, goes straight through me. But I love doom metal opera, especially the sort with violins, but heavy, with a female lead vocalist in operatic style. I have to wonder what the neighbors think, when I've brought the computer or a CD player outside into the garden so I can listen to music while I'm doing some sort of chemical experimentation that needs to be done outdoors, blasting it out on the stereo while wearing gas mask, face visor, drop down blast-shield and elbow-length rubber gloves with a heavy fabric pair of gardening gloves over the top  :heisenberg:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #678 on: September 25, 2018, 05:57:40 PM »
Lestat, I actually really like the doom opera that you've posted here. I expected to hate it and only listened out of curiosity.

I used to dislike opera but it's grown on me - maybe from watching opera singers make an impact on some of the TV reality/talent shows. I've become a big fan of Pavarotti over the past few years as well.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #679 on: September 28, 2018, 05:39:23 PM »
When groundhogs attack....

BIL was out on the deck facing the hill yesterday...unknown to him...under the 5-maybe 6" space of the deck is the lair of "Chubbs" (goundhog)...he's a good 20 lbs if not more and I'm not sure how he hasn't gotten lodged trying to wiggle under there yet.

Chubbs is on the hill eating my hosta's when my BIL startled him...so the 20 lb missile comes hurtling full tilt down the hill headed directly for his hole which happens to be directly under where my BIL is standing. 

Not sure who can run faster now. :laugh:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #680 on: September 28, 2018, 07:07:54 PM »

BIL was out on the deck facing the hill yesterday...unknown to him...under the 5-maybe 6" space of the deck is the lair of "Chubbs" (goundhog)...he's a good 20 lbs if not more and I'm not sure how he hasn't gotten lodged trying to wiggle under there yet.

Chubbs is on the hill eating my hosta's when my BIL startled him...so the 20 lb missile comes hurtling full tilt down the hill headed directly for his hole which happens to be directly under where my BIL is standing. 

My FIL had a .22 rifle as an answer to woodchucks eating his plants.  The number killed and stuffed down their holes would depopulate a small country.  He was trying to feed a family of 7 on his salary.  Can't say as I blame him!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #681 on: September 29, 2018, 08:54:33 AM »

I had a very small Siamese cat named Bonsai.  She had kittens and my mother thought it would be fun to see how our other cat would react to Bonsai's kitten.  Bad decision.  Bonsai hissed and arched up.  We closed the door on the downstairs bathroom and let her calm down overnight.  Well, my 6 foot father went into the bathroom the next morning.  Bonsai charged him.  Dad didn't stop running until he was at the top of the stairs.  Bonsai was never more than 5 lbs, dad was over 200.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #682 on: September 29, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »
I had a very small Siamese cat named Bonsai.
Bonsai is probably the best name ever for a very small Siamese cat.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #683 on: September 29, 2018, 06:45:07 PM »
I had a very small Siamese cat named Bonsai.
Bonsai is probably the best name ever for a very small Siamese cat.

That is an cute name. 

Boy used to visit the uncle of a friend that had a rather large, fat cat they called Wimbalton. I always liked that.  :laugh:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #684 on: September 29, 2018, 11:25:05 PM »
The reason she was named Bonsai was because she was small and had a bend near the tip of her tail, just like the tree.  If I get another Siamese I'll name her Pywacket from The Bell, Book and Candle.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #685 on: October 02, 2018, 03:28:15 PM »
Its raining
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #686 on: October 02, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »

Here, too raining on and off most of the day. Summer time heat, though. Our lows for the days are around or above our normal day time high temperatures. HIghs like late summer temps.
Hot summer, hot fall ...
Still no leaves changing, yet.

October, where are you?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #687 on: October 02, 2018, 04:59:55 PM »
Pavarotten, definitely not my kind of music, a doubtless diabetic fat git who squeals like a pig with a truncheon being forced up his fucking arse diagonally after being covered in PAVA spray.

Whilst giving birth to a litter of ten pit bull puppies. Hungry pit bull puppies. Without a minge, until one is carved out with a rusty, blunt penknife. :P

The blackened doom breed of opera though, that I do like.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #688 on: October 02, 2018, 05:42:44 PM »
Pavarotten, definitely not my kind of music, a doubtless diabetic fat git who squeals like a pig with a truncheon being forced up his fucking arse diagonally after being covered in PAVA spray.

Whilst giving birth to a litter of ten pit bull puppies. Hungry pit bull puppies. Without a minge, until one is carved out with a rusty, blunt penknife. :P

The blackened doom breed of opera though, that I do like.

:)

Until I hit maybe half a century in age I felt the same about opera.

It is something that has grown on me. Not sure if it is age or just that I've had time to listen to more of it.

I used to think that most people who claimed to like opera were only pretending so that they could appear cultured. Actually that's probably still the case.

I'm not beyond hope though. I'm not listening to opera CDs in my car (my kids would kill me). Just the occasional dose is enough.

I do really like that doom opera though.

One type of music that drives me mad is Balinese music. It's okay in very small doses, but if you stay on a Balinese resort they've got it going the whole bloody time. Not that I can afford to stay in a Balinese resort any more, but going back about a dozen years it was possible to stay in a big villa in a very swish resort for about $50 a night and still just about have the resort to yourself (terrorism dampened the enthusiasm for Balinese holidays for a while there).
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #689 on: October 02, 2018, 06:32:34 PM »
Beautiful big red head...woodpecker.