Author Topic: GARETH, PLEASE RESPOND  (Read 5125 times)

Offline BlueGriffyn

• Part of the Chaos
GARETH, PLEASE RESPOND
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:16:12 AM »
I^2 members - Please, no rants or insulting posts here. This thread's purpose is only to attempt to find out what Gareth thinks has happened. If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, then I'd appreciate if you didn't post at all.

Quote from: Gareth Nelson
Rant of the day:
So AFF is gone thanks to an asshole misleading everyone and causing them to attack me and Amy as if we're the scum of the earth.

Apparently i'm a "sadistic little twerp" according to one old regular - why did they say this? Because I closed a forum, offered to forward email addresses legally (i.e without breaking the data protection act) and generally was too nice.

Someone stated that the current message on the site ("Please note - the forum is closed and will NOT going back up, it is not for sale to anyone and nobody is taking over") means that I hold the old userbase in contempt.

A new forum has been setup by a bunch of regulars, which in itself is fine - except for the horrendous amount of posts there calling for "justice" against me and Amy and the convincing of people who were previously behaving decently that we're both abusive and evil. One such post even talks about contacting the same person who stalked us both for years and caused absolute hell.

If I had even considered bringing AFF back up again, the backstabbing has guaranteed I won't. The sad thing is, it originally was only going to be down temporarily and the backstabbers have ruined that.

I honestly feel sick at having lost something i've spent just under a decade building.

I read this post on FOF.

I'd like to know who this malicious member you speak of is. Because from what I saw, no one on AFF attacked you or thought you were anything close to "the scum of the earth" until you made the decision to take away a valuable resource from them.

As for the message displayed on AFF, what did you expect? In my opinion, it is very selfish to close the forum off permanently. If you didn't want to continue running it, fair enough, but when someone like skyblue1 who, considering the circumstances, deserves more than a little respect from the both of you, offers to buy the forum from you, we have to question what motivated you refuse his offer. :-/

Gareth, you seem to have forgotten completely that we are Aspies, and many of us depend greatly on consistency. Some people also rely on these forums as their only opportunity to have friendships. So, for you to take that all away without any warning whatsoever is enough to warrant more than a little anger. I'm confused as to why you feel betrayed by us, when you are the ones who took something so important away from us.

As for the stalker thing, I have a feeling you're talking about the Spectrum Fairness blog? If that is the case, then I apologise for suggesting it.

I'd like it if you could offer a little insight into your version of the events. Or don't. It doesn't matter all that much now anyway. Just thought you might want to have a civil discussion about it.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: GARETH, PLEASE RESPOND
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:19:15 AM »
I feel the rug was pulled from under me. I would like to know what happened.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »
Only response i'm making:
The reason i'm not going to be selling it is quite simple - if I wanted someone else to take over the place it wouldn't be for money.

Who was the malicious member? Bloke, who else?

Yes, the stalker was the guy on spectrum fairness - he is a complete and utter psycho, but i'm aware that my words don't really matter much and won't be believed by people anymore - you'll find out soon enough how bad the guy is if you make the mistake of contacting him.

In general I just want to be left alone now, go and look at the AFF site now and click to read the statement I made there.

No more comments from me on this site.

Time heals. I think we need to wait till emotions have settled.

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline BlueGriffyn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Well, I still don't agree with your actions, but I appreciate your posting here.

I didn't see any malicious posts from Bloke before AFF's closure, and it certainly wasn't true that people thought of you both as negatively as you claim. I have nothing against Bloke, but I thought it was fair enough of you to ban him if sufficient warnings were given. But closing such a valuable place without warning was a very bad move which upset a lot of people.

If you wish to be left alone, then I will respect that.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 11:46:36 AM »
Oh, poor suffering Gareth.  I still remember how you treated me in chat.  Others of us who went will also remember.  I don't know how you expect us all to believe that you were willing to foster communication between us all when you had been actively working--even in your precious chatroom--to shut down our attempts to contact each other.  It wasn't when I offered to post links that Amy kicked me out, Gareth.  It was when I said that I missed my friends.  That's what did it.  You think I would forget that?

Nobody who's been there waste your time going back to AFF, unless you're interested in the chat.  Nothing has changed since he declared the forum forever gone.  Chatroom is still up, the statement is exactly the same. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 12:46:29 PM »
Quote from: Gareth Nelson
Rant of the day:
So AFF is gone thanks to an asshole misleading everyone and causing them to attack me and Amy as if we're the scum of the earth.

Apparently i'm a "sadistic little twerp" according to one old regular - why did they say this? Because I closed a forum, offered to forward email addresses legally (i.e without breaking the data protection act) and generally was too nice.

Someone stated that the current message on the site ("Please note - the forum is closed and will NOT going back up, it is not for sale to anyone and nobody is taking over") means that I hold the old userbase in contempt.

A new forum has been setup by a bunch of regulars, which in itself is fine - except for the horrendous amount of posts there calling for "justice" against me and Amy and the convincing of people who were previously behaving decently that we're both abusive and evil. One such post even talks about contacting the same person who stalked us both for years and caused absolute hell.

If I had even considered bringing AFF back up again, the backstabbing has guaranteed I won't. The sad thing is, it originally was only going to be down temporarily and the backstabbers have ruined that.

I honestly feel sick at having lost something i've spent just under a decade building.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt::butthurt:

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 02:17:30 PM »
The reason i'm not going to be selling it is quite simple - if I wanted someone else to take over the place it wouldn't be for money.

Who was the malicious member? Bloke, who else?

Yes, the stalker was the guy on spectrum fairness - he is a complete and utter psycho, but i'm aware that my words don't really matter much and won't be believed by people anymore - you'll find out soon enough how bad the guy is if you make the mistake of contacting him.

In general I just want to be left alone now, go and look at the AFF site now and click to read the statement I made there.

No more comments from me on this site.

Gareth I know you'll lurk and read this so here goes. If the person you refer to was a stalker I had no knowledge of this. I don't like you at all but I wouldn't deliberately expose you to physical harm. If what you say is true, then I am sorry for inadvertently bringing up this whole stalker thing, I was just responding to a post, full stop. You're certainly not worth the bother of criminal behaviour.

But then again I'm just an evil troll aren't I?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »

Can't remember anyone saying anything about you selling your site. You should give it up. If not for money, then why? Why would you want someone else to take over the place, if not for money? Why don't you want to give it up, Gareth?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
You know who you should give it to, Garreth?

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »
Nu most likely.

Offline BlueGriffyn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 06:52:15 PM »
Nu most likely.

Skyblue1 was the person who made the offer.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 12:35:34 AM »
Nu says that he can't any more. :shrug:

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 02:08:03 AM »

I no longer wish to participate in the running of a forum. I don't have the time or patience any more. I was interested in getting back at the helm of AFF after this occurred to close it out properly.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 03:00:34 AM »

I no longer wish to participate in the running of a forum. I don't have the time or patience any more. I was interested in getting back at the helm of AFF after this occurred to close it out properly.

I don't know if you saw, but this is ConLang, and I'm very grateful for your work on this.  I'm sorry it all blew up. 

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »
I was interested in getting back at the helm of AFF after this occurred to close it out properly.

That's interesting.