Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11217 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #540 on: August 19, 2013, 11:24:07 PM »
Yes I know... I'm a grown ass man who is afraid of his grandmother!!!

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #541 on: August 19, 2013, 11:25:35 PM »
Do I have a stalker? My ex-gf... Yeah I know what it's like to be paranoid as fuck, lock your doors, be careful about what you say, change your passwords, clear your history, make things hidden to public, etc.

I think I finally got her out of my life, but she did mention something about moving 'down the street' so fuck she could be around the corner.

Not the same thing.

Aren't you doing the same thing you're telling sg1008 off for? You're judging his experience with stalking the way you say he judges Gareth and Amy's.

I know little about the stalking either way, and I don't know if it's even relevant to this conversation.

Maybe I am. I'm not better than anyone else. My point was simply that a) stalking is relevant, b) stalking changes you, and c) Gareth and Amy apparently were the victims of a stalker.

^well, I have no argument with that. Although I do not see how stalking is relevant, for it was not listed in their reasons for shutting the site down.

I suspect it added to the decision. I think Bodie had a point--this is something that has been building up for a long time.

Reading Gareths posts and notes, I think it is likely that they did indeed have a stalker.

Perhaps...if it was building up, he could have said so and the majority of us would have understood. Instead he let Amy accuse a lot of us for trolling and spamming, and then proceeded to blame US for him shutting it down. Way to treat your friends eh?

If he has issues which he is unconscious of or cannot articulate, fine, I can have compassion for that. I wish he would just realise that...rather than carrying on in a paranoid delusion. Personally, I feared that who ever their croonies are, they are horrible people who feed their paranoia. I mentioned before (not sure if here or on the temp site) that it was possible they had friends around them who were covertly bullying, or manipulating them into being overly scared and distrusting. They came onto the chat and started harassing people and claimed that they could "speak" for Gareth, and represent him. And they also seem to be driving the paranoid narrative along in other sites...

That is something I genuinely worry about, because friends like that are toxic, and they are your worst enemies in the long run.

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #542 on: August 19, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »
The world needs nutcases like myself... if it was all the same, being normal and all.... it would be boring.

Jesus would want me to impregnate a dead cat.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

P7PSP

« Reply #543 on: August 19, 2013, 11:28:43 PM »
:LMAO: Sometimes you crack me up.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #544 on: August 19, 2013, 11:34:14 PM »
The world needs nutcases like myself... if it was all the same, being normal and all.... it would be boring.

Jesus would want me to impregnate a dead cat.

Start a religion.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #545 on: August 19, 2013, 11:36:28 PM »
 :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #546 on: August 19, 2013, 11:38:46 PM »

:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #547 on: August 19, 2013, 11:45:46 PM »
Yay!!! Free Movie!!!! :D

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #548 on: August 19, 2013, 11:58:53 PM »
Do I have a stalker? My ex-gf... Yeah I know what it's like to be paranoid as fuck, lock your doors, be careful about what you say, change your passwords, clear your history, make things hidden to public, etc.

I think I finally got her out of my life, but she did mention something about moving 'down the street' so fuck she could be around the corner.

Not the same thing.

Aren't you doing the same thing you're telling sg1008 off for? You're judging his experience with stalking the way you say he judges Gareth and Amy's.

I know little about the stalking either way, and I don't know if it's even relevant to this conversation.

Maybe I am. I'm not better than anyone else. My point was simply that a) stalking is relevant, b) stalking changes you, and c) Gareth and Amy apparently were the victims of a stalker.

I would just like to point out that neither you nor the Nelsons would be the only ones ever to experience trauma.
<--already noted, sorry [/edit] If this pattern of theirs is indeed a response to trauma, and I'm willing to consider it may be, then there is still a problem.  If they are trying to heal, then whatever they are doing towards that end is not working.  This patten goes back for years.  It's time for them to try something different.  And I really don't believe that being the victim of trauma absolves you of responsibility for your behavior.  They broke communication between autistics, who already find it difficult to build and maintain relationships.  That is an extremely nasty way of lashing out at other people for what you've been through, even if you took the initiative for providing the means of communication in the first place.  Of the attempts to reestablish contact, they deliberately worked to break the ones they had under their control.  Of course he's going to try and seem reasonable by saying, "Go ahead, build another forum."  He has no means whatsoever of stopping us from doing so.  Whenever we go to the place on the internet where we all met, we still can't talk to each other to get back in touch.  He tried to turn S_B against us.  He attacked d_olson for emailing people who had specifically opted in to receiving emails.  He might be genuinely hurt, but that doesn't excuse him from taking it out on other people.  That sort of behavior is still wrong. 

Now, maybe their closing of the forum permanently is a beginning of the end [edit]to the pain[/edit].  Who knows.  If they're hurting, I do hope they improve, but that doesn't mean I don't get to be angry, or that they should not be held accountable for their actions. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:17:41 AM by simbaflyingoveracliff »

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #549 on: August 20, 2013, 12:19:38 AM »

I bet Gareth and Amy will become active I2 members then we will all be 'bestest fwiends foreva.'

Not the same thing.

I would just like to point out that neither you nor the Nelsons would be the only ones ever to experience trauma.  If this pattern of theirs is indeed a response to trauma, and I'm willing to consider it may be, then there is still a problem.  If they are trying to heal, then whatever they are doing towards that end is not working.  This patten goes back for years.  It's time for them to try something different.  And I really don't believe that being the victim of trauma absolves you of responsibility for your behavior.  They broke communication between autistics, who already find it difficult to build and maintain relationships.  That is an extremely nasty way of lashing out at other people for what you've been through, even if you took the initiative for providing the means of communication in the first place.  Of the attempts to reestablish contact, they deliberately worked to break the ones they had under their control.  Of course he's going to try and seem reasonable by saying, "Go ahead, build another forum."  He has no means whatsoever of stopping us from doing so.  Whenever we go to the place on the internet where we all met, we still can't talk to each other to get back in touch.  He tried to turn S_B against us.  He attacked d_olson for emailing people who had specifically opted in to receiving emails.  He might be genuinely hurt, but that doesn't excuse him from taking it out on other people.  That sort of behavior is still wrong. 

Now, maybe their closing of the forum permanently is a beginning of the end.  Who knows.  If they're hurting, I do hope they improve, but that doesn't mean I don't get to be angry, or that they should not be held accountable for their actions.

I bet Gareth and Amy will become active I2 members and we can be bestest fwiends foreva!

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #550 on: August 20, 2013, 12:44:52 AM »
I bet Gareth and Amy will become active I2 members and we can be bestest fwiends foreva!

I'm not saying it can't happen.  But it's hard to regain trust you've lost.  Though in your case, I suspect the problem may differ slightly.    ;)

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #551 on: August 20, 2013, 12:59:32 AM »

I'm not saying it can't happen.  But it's hard to regain trust you've lost.  Though in your case, I suspect the problem may differ slightly.    ;)

Huh? There's no problem. They think I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #552 on: August 20, 2013, 01:09:35 AM »

Yet you impersonate the ex-president of Iran known as Mahamoud the Ayotallah's Puppet.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #553 on: August 20, 2013, 01:11:58 AM »

Indeed.  You're the biggest thing since powdered milk. 

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #554 on: August 20, 2013, 01:26:49 AM »
Not just powdered milk...

You're forgetting the important thing!