Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11222 times)

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #450 on: August 18, 2013, 10:39:30 PM »
I have to agree, I don't want the new forum named AFF.  But I don't really expect that to happen.  I seem to remember Skyblue saying it would be named something different.  Fact is, AFF is dead.  We're a community already building a new home on the internet. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »
Skyblue1 already announced the new name on the temp forum. Its definitly not AFF or anything resembling.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #452 on: August 18, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »
I think you should call it Al.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #453 on: August 18, 2013, 11:08:37 PM »
Skyblue1 already announced the new name on the temp forum. Its definitly not AFF or anything resembling.

I can't get access to the temp forum...

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #454 on: August 18, 2013, 11:13:10 PM »

They've been having some tech difficulties over there
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

P7PSP

« Reply #455 on: August 18, 2013, 11:15:29 PM »
I just may join since I like Skyblue1.  :thumbup:

I am done with this thread have the last word if you want.
Oops!  :tard:  :-[

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #456 on: August 19, 2013, 12:03:57 AM »

They've been having some tech difficulties over there

It was loading abominably slowly today, but it's been behaving for the last hour or so. 

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #457 on: August 19, 2013, 03:03:00 AM »
Considering this place rose from the ashes of the original intensity, it shows that it can work. I don't buy that "it'll not be the same" bollocks, simply because it can be much better.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2013, 03:33:31 AM »
Considering this place rose from the ashes of the original intensity, it shows that it can work. I don't buy that "it'll not be the same" bollocks, simply because it can be much better.

Nothing can ever be the same, thank goodness. People change, and what they need changes too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #459 on: August 19, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
You guys, hello. I can't get on the new forum, Oh wait a minute. maybe that's because I wont register there

~for my haters
:skywarp:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2013, 10:17:09 AM »
Rant of the day:
So AFF is gone thanks to an asshole misleading everyone and causing them to attack me and Amy as if we're the scum of the earth.
Apparently i'm a "sadistic little twerp" according to one old regular - why did they say this? Because I closed a forum, offered to forward email addresses legally (i.e without breaking the data protection act) and generally was too nice.
Someone stated that the current message on the site ("Please note - the forum is closed and will NOT going back up, it is not for sale to anyone and nobody is taking over") means that I hold the old userbase in contempt.
A new forum has been setup by a bunch of regulars, which in itself is fine - except for the horrendous amount of posts there calling for "justice" against me and Amy and the convincing of people who were previously behaving decently that we're both abusive and evil. One such post even talks about contacting the same person who stalked us both for years and caused absolute hell.
If I had even considered bringing AFF back up again, the backstabbing has guaranteed I won't. The sad thing is, it originally was only going to be down temporarily and the backstabbers have ruined that.
I honestly feel sick at having lost something i've spent just under a decade building.

What a load on complete shit. No really.

No you bloody idiot.

There was no conspiracy there was no witch hunt there was no backstabbing.

Without warning and for no good reason you took down a forum. You stranded a heap of your own members from each other and then are what? Surprised that each of them individually thought YOU were an arsehole for closing the forum on them. Yes , let's not go casting around for everyone else to be unreasonable. YOU closed the forum, disrupted routine and with no warning.

You talk as though it was of no consequence. It was to some and you would have to be either completely stupid or....no, I think just completely stupid....to not be able to appreciate that you do this bullshit and there will be blowback and individuals being unhappy about your actions.

The other thing is OF COURSE people are going to find each. When they are together they are going to talk and if they are unhappy then they are going to collectively vent. This is not a conspiracy or backstabbing - it is a natural response to their displeasure of YOU closing the forum.

There was no incursion on the Data Protection Act so do not be an idiot.

I would be pretty confident that there were no death threats and if by chance there was it was not related to this. Maybe other people dislike you for other reasons.

You were too nice? No you were being silly.

Be honest too. Why DID you take the site down. That was not respectful, nice or fair to do to the members. You may have thought you would bring up the site later BUT way did you take it down in the first place? It was because people simply disagreed with Amy. She went meltdown because she could not have her way and she and you wanted people to suffer for not agreeing. SO it was not some arsehole misleading or people "attacking you and Amy" over nothing

TAKE SOME FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY YOU LOSER.

I think no-one gives a shit if you sell the site or not or bring the site up or not, do what you want, your site, not like you give a damn about the members. You would have handled things a lot better if you did.

I don't think you are evil. I think your wife is CRRRAAAZZZYYYY though. I think you are her enabler too. I don't like either of you that much, but you are interesting. Interesting in seeing what outrageous exaggerations, misrepresentations, gloss overs or justifications you come up with.

BTW we know you wanted to get rid of the site and have for a while. You posted that on this site. So let's not do the crocodile tears thing. It i so disingenuous

EDIT: Also the "organising" runs strong with Gareth and Amy. There was no organised protest. There were simply people who protested me being gone. I was quite touched but I missed out on this and had been asleep when it unfolded initially. Why imaginings he has in his head is anyone's guess.

Also Gareth alludes to my "paranoia" about them changing my posts? No that too is a bit of a misrepresentation. Why? Last time they closed down the forum, they edited shit out of the threads including changing peoples posts. Yes Gareth you admitted to these changes here so how about you stop trying to misrepresent shit in order to try to make you and your wife semi coherent and rational.

I will give you one slight concession. I did not and do not respect your authority, not since Amy's lying and idiocy in the exodus 2008/2009. That was shameful and has never been explained or apologised for. I also will not accept being pulled up and have demands thrown at me if I see it is me solely being targeted for such attention when others are not. Why should I? Because if I don't come to heel you will pick up your bat and ball and go home? Gee you sure showed me didn't you? You showed me how worthy of respect you and Amy are.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:50:20 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2013, 10:38:31 AM »
Here's what I wrote on the temp forum, just so it's out there when that one goes down and he doesn't forget

He noticed me! Oh Gareth, your butthurt just makes me ache in my little heart for you. I'm sure you'll now be punishing the entire internet for my horrible nastiness against you. Never mind that punishing an entire community for having dissenters in it is the definition of "abusive behavior." Never mind the jealousy and paranoia that characterises every abusive relationship. No, it's all about poor, little, suffering you.

Bite me.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #462 on: August 19, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »
Just to give some more detail.  I've been in abusive relationships before, and I finally got free of the last one in the time between now and the last little hissy fit.  I know what it looks like now, and I won't stand for it.  Punishing people for showing any independence.  Glorying in your power.  Refusing to take responsibility for your own actions.  It's his forum, he can take it down and put it back up as he likes.  He prefers to have it down.  What does he think we are, toddlers? 

I don't know how long he will persist in believing that his own behavior has been spotless.  Perhaps indefinitely.  But the fact is, he's not our problem anymore, and it obviously kills him. 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2013, 10:51:43 AM »
Yup I think that just about says it,
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2013, 11:15:59 AM »
I still don't have access to the temp-forum....