Educational

Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11222 times)

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #435 on: August 18, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
AFF was never the forum software, AFF was, and IS the community.
If that is true than setting it up elsewhere under different ownership would be more productive that having a sook about it here.

:agreed:

What TF do you think we've been doing?

Barely anything?

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #436 on: August 18, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »
If that is true than setting it up elsewhere under different ownership would be more productive that having a sook about it here.

Barely anything?

:bat:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #437 on: August 18, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »
 :comrade: :tv: :babyban:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #438 on: August 18, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »
and that shows how I was in a daze the whole time...

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #439 on: August 18, 2013, 07:44:15 PM »
If the AFF forum really was run by histrionic capricious cunts as has been alleged here I have no idea why anyone would want to go back there again for more of the same but I suppose it is a better deal than paying a mistress $150 a half hour to be abused.  :dunno: If the worst that happens in a person's life in 2013 is having a favorite forum shut down, versus say a death in the family or the dog dies, than that would not seem like such a horrid year from my perspective. There are a few people here that I am not already in touch with elsewhere that I would want to stay in touch with but overall my life would not go to shit if I2 ceased to exist. YMMV.

blah blah blah

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #440 on: August 18, 2013, 07:50:20 PM »
AFF was great for the four years I was there... yet thats about it.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #441 on: August 18, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
Overall life certainly wouldn't end, but I'd be upset to see I2 disappear. That forum was genuinely important to some people. Don't think AFF members are overreacting by expressing upset.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #442 on: August 18, 2013, 08:19:31 PM »
Overall life certainly wouldn't end, but I'd be upset to see I2 disappear. That forum was genuinely important to some people. Don't think AFF members are overreacting by expressing upset.

I would be upset to see I2 disappear.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #443 on: August 18, 2013, 08:22:35 PM »

When I was in the hospital earlier this year, I couldn't access I^2 because the hospital had a blacklist for sites that were deemed "inappropriate"

I guess this is a new spot to hangout at...

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #444 on: August 18, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »

PPK and Bodie are right. It's not like someone died. Stop being a crybaby, Jack.  :hahaha:
:gopher:

P7PSP

« Reply #445 on: August 18, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »

Aside from carping and complaining not a whole lot other than encouraging Pika's idea to try and get AFF back up under old management. Why even attempt to keep the old name if there is concern that the Nelsons will be cunty about it? Skyblue strikes me as being capable of getting a new forum off the ground if he has time and trust worthy assistance.
I believe that crying in their beer the way they have is over reacting. Sometimes life is tough. I stand by my assertion that there are much worse things than a forum shut down. Given that you voluntarily left here for over a year I doubt that your world would fall apart if I2 went tits up. I am done with this thread have the last word if you want.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #446 on: August 18, 2013, 10:14:42 PM »
I believe that crying in their beer the way they have is over reacting. Sometimes life is tough. I stand by my assertion that there are much worse things than a forum shut down. Given that you voluntarily left here for over a year I doubt that your world would fall apart if I2 went tits up. I am done with this thread have the last word if you want.

I never really left. :)

AFF can't really be recreated, like zomg can't be, and neither can I2. Though yes, certainly not the end of the world.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #447 on: August 18, 2013, 10:28:50 PM »

Aside from carping and complaining not a whole lot other than encouraging Pika's idea to try and get AFF back up under old management. Why even attempt to keep the old name if there is concern that the Nelsons will be cunty about it? Skyblue strikes me as being capable of getting a new forum off the ground if he has time and trust worthy assistance.

All true and a few of us are helping out Skyblue1. He has it in hand.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #448 on: August 18, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »
AFF was the first place I made real friends who stayed my friends. The first place I where I was able to explore and understand myself safely...

It wasn't the closing of a forum...it was a severing of contacts, and the fear of never speaking to someone you love again. The fear of no longer having that 'safe place' you've grown so attached to. And the anxiety that someone you love needs support and now cannot find it. Yes, that kind of loss can make someone's world go to shit.

But there is less uncertainty now, as we have been finding each other and will simply rebuild.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #449 on: August 18, 2013, 10:36:53 PM »
I wonder if there is a vote for the domain name...