Educational

Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11220 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #390 on: August 17, 2013, 08:44:23 AM »
This all makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

Here's what I've gather so far from barely read up on it:

* Popular user irritated the admins for some reason.
* Admins get butthurt and ban them
* Friends of user rebel demanding he is unbanned
* Admins get more butthurt and ban them too, say it's a "TROLL CONSPIRACY!"
* People call them out for their bullshit.
* SHUT IT DOWN.jpg
* AFF is dead over some bullshit drama.

Right, it makes no sense.

It's pretty selfish of Gareth and Amy to shut down AFF because they got butthurt. Why not simply hand it over to someone else?

That's the bottom line question, and why none of this makes any sense.

One to which I have an answer.

They got it into their paranoid conspiracy theory.....that someone was trying to buy the site and so they tried to be spiteful and not sell and not bring it up.
The truth is that when it suddenly was pulled down, many people wanted it ....not to be pulled down, I guess. They were saying we want it up and it ought not be down and if i  is really such a hassle to them that they HAVE to take it down and disrupt a membership....we will be happy to buy it because the thing that actually matters to us is that it is up and we can hangout together.

But to them it is one big conspiracy. People disagreeing with Amy is not people disagreeing. It is a conspiracy, with evil motives, and hostile intent.
Take down the forum without notice and then she is surprised that refugees ought to take umbrage of it. Then it is them being nasty and unreasonable.
Being that they congregate rather than mindlessly hover about in turmoil, they are obviously part of a sophisticated crack squad of trolls.
In fact it was a tightly orchestrated attack on AFF and they made her take it down because they wanted it bought so she will not cave to pressure or against the conspiracy crack troll squad of forum buyers....

Now. You think this sounds outlandish don't you? I got the scoop from one of their best friends. That is the official line (Oh I forgot to mention alleged death threats).

Doesn't this fairytale sound better than "Ooopppss I could not handle anyone not cowering from me or accepting my authority unquestioningly and threw a big kid's tantrum and then in the light of day realised I screwed up big time and hd to tell our friends something that does not make me look like a complete arsehole, I had to control the narrative and ban anyone who knows it is complete bullshit"

Its all true Al, all of it! Damn you and your lies.
:gopher:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #391 on: August 17, 2013, 09:04:06 AM »
Sir Les is the reason why all of this drama is happening eh?  :zoinks:

I see your back on wrong planet. Do you still want to be a moderator there?
After reading and catching up on things,

I personally think AFF will come back. people who run big ol fat penis sites like that have super important ego's.
There is no way they would cut off such internet crack

everyone is worrying for nothing. Alex plank is starting to wear suits, which means he is no longer a regular clothes wearer like us.
I doubt the closing of AFF had any effect on members flocking to wrong planet. They all seem to have come here,  >:D
:skywarp:

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #392 on: August 17, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »

I personally think AFF will come back. people who run big ol fat penis sites like that have super important ego's.

everyone is worrying for nothing. Alex plank is starting to wear suits, which means he is no longer a regular clothes wearer like us.
I doubt the closing of AFF had any effect on members flocking to wrong planet. They all seem to have come here,  >:D

Sir Les was banned then I started the thread demanding his return, which resulted in Amy and Gareths little hissy fit. So I guess you could say we are both responsible.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #393 on: August 17, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »

Sir Les was banned then I started the thread demanding his return, which resulted in Amy and Gareths little hissy fit. So I guess you could say we are both responsible.

I am not back on Wrongplanet. Is there some new drama there or is it the same old bullshit
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #394 on: August 17, 2013, 10:49:45 AM »
This isn't you Rossco? http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums-profile-viewprofile-u-89729.html

And really, I don't know why you would be so upset. or are you? I kind of figured you always wanted to be that bee in Amy's bonnet

I'm sure them closing their website down gave you a boner.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #395 on: August 17, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »
Sir les Patterson, i am watching Australia play in the little league World Series.
Because these boys are 11-13 does that make me a paedo?

Btw, they have a good team.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #396 on: August 17, 2013, 10:53:44 AM »
This isn't you Rossco? http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums-profile-viewprofile-u-89729.html

And really, I don't know why you would be so upset. or are you? I kind of figured you always wanted to be that bee in Amy's bonnet

I'm sure them closing their website down gave you a boner.

No not on Wrongplanet.

Am I upset? Well I don't like to see others I like upset.

I don't know that I like you thinking about my boners Ricky.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #397 on: August 17, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Sir les Patterson, i am watching Australia play in the little league World Series.

Maybe. If you are fapping madly then probably yes. If you are not, you probably aren't OR at least are able to get away with it.

Little League is that baseball, or is that basketball? Either way, I did not know that we had a team.

Go you little grommets!

Offline BlueGriffyn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #398 on: August 17, 2013, 11:07:18 AM »
Gareth's bullshit-filled email to d_olson:

Quote from: Gareth Whoreson
I'll get straight to the point to avoid any extra drama:

People have not given their consent to have their emails collected by you for the purpose of promoting another site. If you want a brief message sent to anyone, tell me and I will forward contact details and no more.

I have had to ban you from the old forum in order to prevent you harvesting email addresses.

Note that it is not just impolite but actually illegal (data protection act) for you to gather these addresses. It is entirely legal however for me to forward contact details and I am fully willing to do so.

In fact, if you give me a list of usernames I will send a one-off mass email to those users with contact details.

Provide the following in a list:

Username
Email addresses / skype / MSN / whatever of those wanting to contact that user

Feel free to quote this entire email whereever you so choose, but don't expect me to comment in public directly on sites like I2.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #399 on: August 17, 2013, 11:13:09 AM »
Oh how cute, he's still trying to be the boss.  Doesn't he realise we're not playing in his sandbox any more?

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #400 on: August 17, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »
Just an observation on my part but I can remember when AP apparently "sold out" to AS. I was pissed off, and angry.
Said I would never post on his website again, etc. Then, when I actually investigated for myself what actually was happening, and found out he didn't sell his website to them I went back.

It only takes one person to accuse someone of something in a group of people for them to start getting the pitchforlks. not saying that this is what is happening here, but I think  its a well known fact that Sir Les is basking in the recent developments here.

I'm sure if the Nelsons opened AFF back up tomorrow you would be content with going back there. and resuming whatever relationships you had there

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #401 on: August 17, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »
Just an observation on my part but I can remember when AP apparently "sold out" to AS. I was pissed off, and angry.
Said I would never post on his website again, etc. Then, when I actually investigated for myself what actually was happening, and found out he didn't sell his website to them I went back.

It only takes one person to accuse someone of something in a group of people for them to start getting the pitchforlks. not saying that this is what is happening here, but I think  its a well known fact that Sir Les is basking in the recent developments here.

I'm sure if the Nelsons opened AFF back up tomorrow you would be content with going back there. and resuming whatever relationships you had there

Its because there are two meanings of the phrase "sold out" one is a figurative meaning and the other a metaphorical meaning.

If someone sells out to big business it may mean they divest themselves of all their small business assets to the big business in question. It may also mean they have no longer tried to fight against or condemn them and are now "on side". That is another meaning of the word sell out.

Now I bring this up to show  you of an example of you touting what you know as fact and making an asshat of yourself through  nasty combination of stupidity and ignorance.

It was not the only time you did this in the post is it ricky. Do you need someone to explain the others?

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #402 on: August 17, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »
Gareth's bullshit-filled email to d_olson:

Quote from: Gareth Whoreson
I'll get straight to the point to avoid any extra drama:

People have not given their consent to have their emails collected by you for the purpose of promoting another site. If you want a brief message sent to anyone, tell me and I will forward contact details and no more.

I have had to ban you from the old forum in order to prevent you harvesting email addresses.

Note that it is not just impolite but actually illegal (data protection act) for you to gather these addresses. It is entirely legal however for me to forward contact details and I am fully willing to do so.

In fact, if you give me a list of usernames I will send a one-off mass email to those users with contact details.

Provide the following in a list:

Username
Email addresses / skype / MSN / whatever of those wanting to contact that user

Feel free to quote this entire email whereever you so choose, but don't expect me to comment in public directly on sites like I2.

Actually, Gareth is 100% correct to stop the harvesting. If D_Olson passed along an email address where there is no permission to do so, it could get Gareth into a shitload of trouble. Data Protection Act. However, if he has a list of people that that person wants to get in contact with, and passes on that that person wants to get in contact, that's fine.

So,
A wants B's details. B isn't asked, A gets the details. Illegal.
A wants B's details. C passes A's details to B and lets B decide. Legal.

Savvy?

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #403 on: August 17, 2013, 11:50:41 AM »

:lolwat:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #404 on: August 17, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »
Member A makes email address available for members of forum X
Member B makes email address available on members on forum X
Member C hides email address rom members on forum X

Member A sends Member B an email to email address All good. No infringement of Data Protection Act
Member A gives his wife/friend/mother,  Member B's email address. Not good. Infringement of Data Protection Act
Member A hacks into the database and gets Member C's email address. Not good. Infringement of Data protection Act.

Sending an email on a forum that you are a member of is not, even remotely, at a stretch, infringing on the act unless he hacked or passed on detail. He did not and it was just beat up by Gareth. It failed.