Educational

Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11226 times)

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2013, 03:44:12 PM »

Fuck you, fuck you, you're alright, I love you man, fuck you. I'm out.

What?

Paraphrased quote from a film.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #331 on: August 16, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »

Fuck you, fuck you, you're alright, I love you man, fuck you. I'm out.

What?

Paraphrased quote from a film.

I was confused. :tard:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2013, 03:48:59 PM »
Sounds classic borderline to me. Like ...err...well no prizes for guessing the BPD bitchweasel of the day.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2013, 03:50:22 PM »
I'm sure you the people in the water that got a little wet will forge a new forum. and pekajedi will still remain relevant, however I fail to see how skyblue makes out. I would be upset if I donated money, and even if my donation was offered back to me. because now what? the place I paid for in advance is gone.

I bet there buying shit with your donation, maybe some baby clothes? we want to know how much you gave them.

:evillaugh:

No, I genuinely cannot be fucked. I spent 8 years on AFF and I really, really can't muster up enough of a damn to get settled on another forum. I certainly don't want to run another one - I had AFF running just so, proper transparency, proper procedures for banning, proper logging...all gone.

The donation money went straight to the provider as account credit.

*edit*

Er, the hosting provider, that is.
Fair enough. I know we didn't see eye to eye on everything, but I truly feel sorry for you dude. putting in work like that on a forum only to have it snatched away fucking sucks. I hope whatever happens after the initial shock, you guys can resume some sort of community that was "AFF"

and fuck you Lestat. AFF bitches already giving me negative karma
:skywarp:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2013, 03:56:43 PM »
I'm sure you the people in the water that got a little wet will forge a new forum. and pekajedi will still remain relevant, however I fail to see how skyblue makes out. I would be upset if I donated money, and even if my donation was offered back to me. because now what? the place I paid for in advance is gone.

I bet there buying shit with your donation, maybe some baby clothes? we want to know how much you gave them.

No, I genuinely cannot be fucked. I spent 8 years on AFF and I really, really can't muster up enough of a damn to get settled on another forum. I certainly don't want to run another one - I had AFF running just so, proper transparency, proper procedures for banning, proper logging...all gone.

*edit*

Fair enough. I know we didn't see eye to eye on everything, but I truly feel sorry for you dude. putting in work like that on a forum only to have it snatched away fucking sucks. I hope whatever happens after the initial shock, you guys can resume some sort of community that was "AFF"

I'm actually not sure who you are. You lot and your bloody name changes.

I went to bat a lot of times for Gareth and Amy over the years, and that means arguing a lot. I like to think I've always acquitted myself well in them, but I am hardly impartial.
Still, you get involved with the running of any forum and you'll piss people off. Means you're doing it right.

If I could just have AFF back for two weeks, properly close out the place, let people exchange details, go through old PMs and dump what I want...But it's not going to happen.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and it's not even the first time on AFF! But all these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2013, 03:59:58 PM »

*edit*

I'm actually not sure who you are. You lot and your bloody name changes.

I went to bat a lot of times for Gareth and Amy over the years, and that means arguing a lot. I like to think I've always acquitted myself well in them, but I am hardly impartial.
Still, you get involved with the running of any forum and you'll piss people off. Means you're doing it right.

If I could just have AFF back for two weeks, properly close out the place, let people exchange details, go through old PMs and dump what I want...But it's not going to happen.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and it's not even the first time on AFF! But all these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

It is Richard.

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »

*edit*

You've seen lots of shit happening there, and you have tried to save the place more than once, getting quite some flak for it from different sides.
Sad to see a place completely gone that once meant a lot to me. I'm sorry for you to see it go, you were there so much longer than I was. You grew up there. And, what I have seen from you there, you gave all you had to offer.
Cannot imagine you ever getting so involved with a forum again.
Do hope to see you drop by here now and then though. Just for the fun of it, and for some "faces" from the past.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »
It is Richard.
[/quote

The regular I2 Richard, not that other Richard.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2013, 04:07:19 PM »
It is Richard.

...No, I'm Richard. How many fucking Richards are there on here?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:09:11 PM by ῦ »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2013, 04:07:36 PM »
You cannot control what you do not own.

Reading this, I'm struck by how so many of you depend on Gareth and Amy. To some degree you seem to realise this is the case but all it takes is the flip of a coin.

I have on occasion thought about what would happen here if I was struck by a car one day. Not that I'm important; I'm not, but the fact is that I pay for the hosting and the domain name, which means that if I disappear it would be hard for anyone to take over the place.

If I leave this place voluntarily, I know I'll hand it over to someone before I leave and hope they'll do the same, eventually. It's the decent thing to do. But people disappear all the time. Callaway, for one, and I really miss her, and I'm worried about her.

So, what to do?

It's pretty selfish of Gareth and Amy to shut down AFF because they got butthurt. Why not simply hand it over to someone else?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »
It is Richard.

:LMAO:

I was referring to the most infamous Richard I have seen online. Not to any of the Richards around here on I2.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2013, 04:13:45 PM »
It is Richard.

Fire agate Richard. Cock avi richard.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #342 on: August 16, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »
You cannot control what you do not own.

Reading this, I'm struck by how so many of you depend on Gareth and Amy. To some degree you seem to realise this is the case but all it takes is the flip of a coin.

I have on occasion thought about what would happen here if I was struck by a car one day. Not that I'm important; I'm not, but the fact is that I pay for the hosting and the domain name, which means that if I disappear it would be hard for anyone to take over the place.

If I leave this place voluntarily, I know I'll hand it over to someone before I leave and hope they'll do the same, eventually. It's the decent thing to do. But people disappear all the time. Callaway, for one, and I really miss her, and I'm worried about her.

So, what to do?

It's pretty selfish of Gareth and Amy to shut down AFF because they got butthurt. Why not simply hand it over to someone else?

If any of us would get to know you were struck by that car, there would at least be the option to prepare for a moving out or so.

The way Amy and Gareth control everything, while claiming to be a community, is what makes it extra sore. They keep members from getting contact details of people they love to talk to.
It says something about the power of that community that AFF bounced back into shape after every massive meltdown it had. Gareth and Amy should have handed it over to someone else indeed, if they even remotely meant that the community they provided space for meant something.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #343 on: August 16, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »
It is Richard.

I am assuming these are...different...people?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2013, 04:20:25 PM »
It is Richard.

I am assuming these are...different...people?

Cock avi and fire agate Richard are the same. Then there is the Richard you were posting about. Don't know if the Richard I saw on AFF and Spectrumites ever came to I2. If he did, he probably got banned here within a day too. Because of the content of his posts, links and pictures.