Author Topic: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!  (Read 11214 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Quick Gareth!!! Someone is talking shit about AFF and Amy!
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
Am I banned?

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »
Am I banned?

Not if pika is successful.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline cynara

• Nekkid Plaything of the Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »
Am I banned?
Can you log into chat?
Ty tus gul nameur re drylsi.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #273 on: August 14, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »
When I log into chat, nothing shows up.  I don't know what that's all about.  Is there really nothing going on in there?

I have come to believe that they actually don't understand how upsetting this is.  As I mentioned on deviantArt, this is extremely harmful to an online community.  Even if you don't actually end the existence of the community, the mere threat is enough to send people away, as experience should have amply demonstrated by now. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »
Am I banned?
Can you log into chat?

I've been trying... yet to be honest with you... I'm just going to lay low till the situation is resolved.

Offline cynara

• Nekkid Plaything of the Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #275 on: August 14, 2013, 06:09:07 PM »
When I log into chat, nothing shows up.  I don't know what that's all about.  Is there really nothing going on in there?

In the small print on the chat screen, somewhere it will say you are banned from server, amongst all the gobbledegook stuff and whatnot
Ty tus gul nameur re drylsi.

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #276 on: August 14, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »
My son just logged on to the chat and someone called James was saying I made many posts in a hate thread ??
Then my son got banned

That may well be in reference to this thread, or it could be the thread in which you guys protested the banning of Bloke.

This is the so-called "hate" thread. Amy started yelling at Genesis for simply posting on here.

Btw, thanks Nu...I hope you can sort things out. I just want this to be a horrible dream and wake up tomorrow and AFF is still there with all it random thoughts and winning wars and activist rants...and will all my friends.

Look, just back off, let this settle for a few days. Everybody is really wound up and pissed off at present.

I'm going to try and get the forum back up with me as an admin again, I'm going to roll back any changes made to the forum, and I'm going to try and get everybody past this - but for this to happen, you all need to just back off and let it go, ok?

Don't go into the IRC, don't bug Amy, don't bug Gareth, if you have any specific questions about other users come to me and I'll see what I can do.

Don't expect any results before Friday, and that's pushing it. I will remind you that this thread is open to the public, and any further attacks will jeopardise the damage control I'm trying to achieve - and that goes both ways.

For what it's worth, I've been through this before with the EvilZakkie escapade, and this isn't so different. Shit, we've even got some of the main characters from that here. Just let it cool off.

Am I banned?

Not if pika is successful.

Please keep in mind I have zero control over the IRC. Shit, I got kicked from there myself.

I have come to believe that they actually don't understand how upsetting this is.  As I mentioned on deviantArt, this is extremely harmful to an online community.  Even if you don't actually end the existence of the community, the mere threat is enough to send people away, as experience should have amply demonstrated by now. 

I have attempted to explain this to Gareth. This isn't the first time this has happened, last time I was among the banned. Until last week, I was running the place.

In the small print on the chat screen, somewhere it will say you are banned from server, amongst all the gobbledegook stuff and whatnot

There is also a maximum number of users currently permitted on #chatautism. It may also be failing to run properly. Try an external client, irc.chatautism.com:6668
Don't go in there if you're intending to piss Amy off. Seriously, dick move, don't be selfish.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #277 on: August 14, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
I just logged on. Someone called James started attacking me for posting on this thread allegedly attacking Gareth. I told him to quote me if I attacked Gareth and then I was kicked off the chat.

I don't know who the fuck James is but he pisses me off. How is he going to claim he can speak for gareth?

When have I attacked gareth?

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #278 on: August 14, 2013, 06:15:57 PM »
I just logged on. Someone called James started attacking me for posting on this thread allegedly attacking Gareth. I told him to quote me if I attacked Gareth and then I was kicked off the chat.

I don't know who the fuck James is but he pisses me off. How is he going to claim he can speak for gareth?

When have I attacked gareth?

Let it go.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #279 on: August 14, 2013, 06:21:59 PM »
Everyone... please just lay low from the situation for awhile... some of you that are in contact with me on Facebook, I'll see something about putting up a private chat on tinychat.com

Let nature take its course... whats done is done.

If you're bored and wanting a place to talk on...

just go to tinychat.com/nightowlexpress

wait for at least an hour or so...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:24:08 PM by Genesis »

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2013, 06:22:43 PM »

There is also a maximum number of users currently permitted on #chatautism. It may also be failing to run properly. Try an external client, irc.chatautism.com:6668
Don't go in there if you're intending to piss Amy off. Seriously, dick move, don't be selfish.

I assure you, and anyone lurking, that my intent was not, and has not become, to troll Amy or Gareth.  I am still quite upset about being booted, and I feel that the reason is because I do not have some sort of Amy-approved specific purpose in showing up.  I wanted to say hi to Some_Bloke.  The minute I say that I miss my friends from AFF, I'm kicked out of the chat.  I am not going to lie and say that I have no interest in staying in contact with the people I met over there. 

Fear not, Nu, this will be my last remark on the subject.  I protest my innocence.  There is no "thinking" that I "was" decent.  I am decent.  That's a fact, not opinion.  There you have it.  I'm out. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2013, 06:27:30 PM »
Ok. Enough on my end. You are worth more than that Nu
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:32:10 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »

I assure you, and anyone lurking, that my intent was not, and has not become, to troll Amy or Gareth.  I am still quite upset about being booted, and I feel that the reason is because I do not have some sort of Amy-approved specific purpose in showing up.  I wanted to say hi to Some_Bloke.  The minute I say that I miss my friends from AFF, I'm kicked out of the chat.  I am not going to lie and say that I have no interest in staying in contact with the people I met over there. 

Fear not, Nu, this will be my last remark on the subject.  I protest my innocence.  There is no "thinking" that I "was" decent.  I am decent.  That's a fact, not opinion.  There you have it.  I'm out.

I was not present, I cannot comment.

I understand that you're upset at being booted - I was fucking livid at being booted myself - but just...leave it for the time being. The comment about going in there to piss Amy off was not directed at any one person in particular, it was a general comment aimed at everybody.

If you have ever had respect for me or my actions as an admin, then please do as I ask. Let this calm down whilst I work to get things back to where they were.
Amy and I have never really seen eye to eye, but she is not a monster.

Ok. Enough on my end. You are worth more than that Nu

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:35:36 PM by ῦ »

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
Alright, Pika.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline BlueGriffyn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2013, 07:09:45 PM »
If the forum is brought back, Nu, then one thing that needs to change is the level of tolerance for people who only go there to play devil's advocate at any chance they get. These few individuals have a detrimental effect on the overall atmosphere. Those sorts of people would be fine here, as people would be able to flame the shit out of them, but on a moderated forum, it just gets annouing. A few names come to mind. I can't say for sure if there are about six of them or not. Actually, it might be three. Hell, I could just be imagining things, and there are none of them. Zero. Alternatively spoken as "oh".