Author Topic: Fixated Threat Assessment Centre  (Read 605 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Fixated Threat Assessment Centre
« on: July 31, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »
FIXATED THREAT ASSESSMENT CENTRE

Is a shadowy organisation formed in 2006  whose purpose is to identify, assess and possibly incarcerate obsessive mentally ill people who pose a threat to our Royal family and UK's VIP dignitaries.

The agency are a mix of Metropolitan Police and Psychiatrists (nurses and doctors)

FTAC is staffed by ten police officers from the Metropolitan Police Service, three full-time senior forensic nurses, a full-time senior social worker and a number of senior forensic psychiatrists and psychologists from the Barnet Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust and the Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust. FTAC receives around 1,000 referrals a year of people who have engaged in threatening or harassing communications towards politicians or the Royal Family.[8] Around half are assessed as being of low risk after initial enquiries. The remainder are investigated by FTAC staff. They may then be referred to local health services for further assessment and potential involuntary commitment. In some cases, they may be detained by police under the section 136 powers of the Mental Health Act 1983 prior to referral.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixated_Threat_Assessment_Centre

When I first read the above, my initial reaction was to moan about the cost.  Is it a bit OTT?

After a little more thought,  I realised how dangerous a combination of Met. Police and Psychiatrists could be WORKING TOGETHER!   We all know,  it is only really a psychiatrist who has the ability to incarcerate someone, with no trial, indefinitely- based on their own opinion.

I have since stumbled upon several stories (unsubstantiated and therefore i won't quote them) which seem to indicate that writing a simple letter to your local paper with an opposing view of the government could reward you with 'feeling the long arm of the law'

One man wrote about the Home Secretary, Theresa May, and that he thought she was a communist and creating a police state.   A week later he was summoned to make an urgent appointment with his GP.  His GP then informed him that he had been asked by the FTAC to assess his mental health.

Was this an attempt to threaten him?  If you dare to criticize the government or the Royal family steps will be taken to label you as mentally ill?

Scary stuff.  Big brother getting bigger. 
blah blah blah

TheoK

Re: Fixated Threat Assessment Centre
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
Welcome to 1984 2014.

In Sweden psychiatrists since many decades have the ability to even lock up people who pose no threats whatsoever to others but are suicidal  :facepalm2:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 10:12:20 AM »
Here in America too, they are implementing programs that will allow law enforcement to arrest people for crimes they -may- commit in the future, based on their behavior. No warrant, no trial, no explanation.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline AspieMomma

• Red Headed Stepchild of the Aspie Elite.
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:27:39 AM »
 :tinfoil: :hide:

I struggled with the decision to seek diagnosis because of this mindset.  I finally decided that I had to know for certain one way or the other, though it was pretty obvious to me and to the people who know me well.  My best friend growing up reacted to my DX by saying (I'm paraphrasing), "Well, duh.  You were a weird brainy awkward kid.  We all knew you were 'off,' we just didn't know exactly in what way."

I don't disclose unless necessary or if I feel very comfortable with someone.  People hear "Autism" and they think "scary unstable mentally ill person, back away slowly..."  I try to put on my NT face as best I can with potential threats.  I hate it, so very much, but it is necessary in order to protect my family. 

He wouldn't, but my ex could take the kids from me if he wanted to.  All he'd have to do is wave my diagnosis at a judge.  Technically I'm DXed with AS, anxiety/depression (SAD), and ADHD.  If I objected, or became distraught, he could easily get a restraining order, citing any of the aforementioned DXes as proof that I am a threat.  The very idea is hilarious because I'm a pretty timid person IRL.  It would undoubtedly hold up anyway.   Fortunately he's been very good throughout everything. 

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »

I struggled with the decision to seek diagnosis because of this mindset.  I finally decided that I had to know for certain one way or the other, though it was pretty obvious to me and to the people who know me well.  My best friend growing up reacted to my DX by saying (I'm paraphrasing), "Well, duh.  You were a weird brainy awkward kid.  We all knew you were 'off,' we just didn't know exactly in what way."

I don't disclose unless necessary or if I feel very comfortable with someone.  People hear "Autism" and they think "scary unstable mentally ill person, back away slowly..."  I try to put on my NT face as best I can with potential threats.  I hate it, so very much, but it is necessary in order to protect my family. 

He wouldn't, but my ex could take the kids from me if he wanted to.  All he'd have to do is wave my diagnosis at a judge.  Technically I'm DXed with AS, anxiety/depression (SAD), and ADHD.  If I objected, or became distraught, he could easily get a restraining order, citing any of the aforementioned DXes as proof that I am a threat.  The very idea is hilarious because I'm a pretty timid person IRL.  It would undoubtedly hold up anyway.   Fortunately he's been very good throughout everything.

Its sad, how correct that actually is. But actually these kind of programs are mostly being implemented to instill more control and put down rebellious behavior or dissent as quickly as possible.

The question we should all be asking ourselves, is rebellious behavior against whom? Society? Or perhaps those that push for these kinds of rules and regulations, eh? I can tell you I STRONGLY oppose it.
I will never stop...

Offline AspieMomma

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »

Its sad, how correct that actually is. But actually these kind of programs are mostly being implemented to instill more control and put down rebellious behavior or dissent as quickly as possible.

The question we should all be asking ourselves, is rebellious behavior against whom? Society? Or perhaps those that push for these kinds of rules and regulations, eh? I can tell you I STRONGLY oppose it.

True, but this mindset has infected every facet of life - employment, education, parenting, etc.  I'm not remotely surprised that it has gone this far.  I don't think it has ever really been any other way. 

Equating "rebelliousness" with mental illness is nothing new.  We just call it mental illness now instead of demonic possession or witchcraft.  If I object to something, and someone knows about my DXes, they can dismiss easily.  Changing our mindset about mental health and neurological differences is at the core of the issue. 

Oh well.  At least I won't be burned at the stake for voicing my opinions.  Probably. 

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »
At least I won't be burned at the stake for voicing my opinions.
No. You will not. I fucking promise you that. It will never get that far.
I will never stop...

Offline AspieMomma

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »
At least I won't be burned at the stake for voicing my opinions.
No. You will not. I fucking promise you that. It will never get that far.

I guess you're right.

Burning at the stake is much too messy, and it takes too long.  They're more efficient about it these days.  They just use threats, spoken and unspoken.  At least burning at the stake was a straightforward thing. 

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »
Oh well.  At least I won't be burned at the stake for voicing my opinions.  Probably.

Nope, it's much more subtle these days. You'll just end up in an "unfortunate accident" if you actually do piss them off and have evidence to undermine them. It's all about being subtle to maintain the "we're the good guys" image at the same time these days.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »
Exactly guys. Its more like planting evidence and arresting you for some crime, them making sure you die in a staged prison riot. Poison. A car wreck. etc.
I will never stop...

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »

Nope, it's much more subtle these days. You'll just end up in an "unfortunate accident" if you actually do piss them off and have evidence to undermine them. It's all about being subtle to maintain the "we're the good guys" image at the same time these days.

The irony is that they call it democracy, while it's in reality a much more efficient and sneaky form of fascism than in the 1930's and '40s.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 12:33:09 PM »

The irony is that they call it democracy, while it's in reality a much more efficient and sneaky form of fascism than in the 1930's and '40s.

Well those in charge are taking notes of their past "projects" you could say and refining their efficiency of control. :orly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 12:45:03 PM »

Well those in charge are taking notes of their past "projects" you could say and refining their efficiency of control. :orly:

Indeed. Heres some info on them.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-federal-reserve-cartel-the-eight-families/25080
I will never stop...

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
You're guilty until proven innocent anymore.

Speak out too loudly and those that don't agree with you will start looking through your life for ways to shut you up.

I try to stay invisible as much as possible. I can count on one hand how many people know of my diagnosis.
If I feel I'm unable to maintain the mask I don't go out, and it is because of health reasons, no more explanation given.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
You're guilty until proven innocent anymore.

Speak out too loudly and those that don't agree with you will start looking through your life for ways to shut you up.

I try to stay invisible as much as possible. I can count on one hand how many people know of my diagnosis.
If I feel I'm unable to maintain the mask I don't go out, and it is because of health reasons, no more explanation given.

You gonna take that shit?
I will never stop...