Educational

Author Topic: stuff  (Read 913 times)

Offline rocketturtle

• mysterious mantra
  • Frequent Poster
  • displaced space
stuff
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:50:17 PM »
today started out as a typical lazy sunday. i got up at 8:00 am to go grocery shopping; yogurt, bagels and frozen lunches for work. i got a few extras; a loaf of olive miche (mmmm, tasty) and 1kg of sugar.

after getting home i checked my bank account to see if the funds i transferred over was posted and fed my cat. i gave her her favourite tuna food and i thought i was being nice and gave her a bit extra. of course she always eats it all so she puked it up. at least this time she didn't puke it into her water dish. then i watched tv for a few hours. they were shows on buying and selling houses on the home and garden channel. i love those shows, i love looking at all those floor plans.

then i decided to finally exercise with the turbo jam dvd i bought a month ago. i got it on november 3 and just after i opened the package my mother called me with bad news about my sister's cat. so i went to the vet and my sister and i were crying and hugging and so my sister gave me her cold and then i got a really bad cough for two weeks. exercising probably wasn't a good idea at that time. then i was depressed for a couple of weeks and all i wanted to do was sleep. anyways, i finally tried it out today and it was fun. i normally don't go for that kind of stuff but it looked fun and i'm glad it turned out to be fun too. i would prefer it if the gym i am a member of had an exercise class to go to, but they are all between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm on weekdays and i can't make it in during those times since i am at work.

so about 30 minutes ago i finished showering and had some yogurt and turned on my computer. i decided to post something since before last night's chat it never occurred to me to initiate a topic about mundane activities, or even initiate any topic where i'm not explicitly looking for some information.

anyways, i don't know what else to write about.
i like stuff

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 08:54:31 PM »
Yay!  A Rocketturtle post!
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 08:57:27 PM »
Sorry about your sister's cat.  Was it old?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline rocketturtle

• mysterious mantra
  • Frequent Poster
  • displaced space
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:10:20 PM »
Sorry about your sister's cat.  Was it old?

she wasn't all that old; she was 7 years old.
i like stuff

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 09:25:27 PM »
What happened to it?

Do you like your job?  How did you get into programming business software?

Offline rocketturtle

• mysterious mantra
  • Frequent Poster
  • displaced space
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:43:49 PM »
What happened to it?

Do you like your job?  How did you get into programming business software?

at first she stopped eating so my sister thought she was just constipated. when my sister got some laxitive at the end of the week she noticed that the cat was sort of panting so she took her to the emergency vet. she figured at the time that she would be at the vet overnight for observation. when the vet took some xrays they found congestive heart failure and the heart was three times the size it should have been and there was fluid all around her lungs and heart. there isn't really anything that can be done for that. so she had to be put down that night because she was in a lot of pain.

i love my job. i finished my undergrad in an unrelated field of study and was going to do my masters. i had to take some prerequisites before the masters program started and during that time away from school i had some time to think about my life situation. i wanted to move out from my mother's care and become more financially independent. so i picked computers and took an intensive two-year diploma program to learn some practical skills in the field. in the second year i had to choose a specialized stream and at the time i still didn't know what i liked. i first chose a data communications stream which concentrated more on low level security with digital communication. then i changed my mind and transferred to the client/server option but i didn't really understand what i could do with that at the time. then i transferred to information systems and learned about distributed computing. after that, i was hooked. the program was so instense that, after i graduated i slept for three weeks and felt physically ill because of all the stress hormones that were out of balance. after about a week of looking at job postings i found one and i immediately said to myself "that job is mine", i applied for the job and was hired the next week. since then i have gone through two buisiness acquisitions. in fact, tomorrow is my "first day" all over again.
i like stuff

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 09:54:20 PM »
I am also sorry to hear about your sisters cat, having him/her put to sleep was probably the best thing all round given the situation, but its still sad and can really suck having to make that decision. Hey maybe she will get another cat at some point, give another animal a home that needs one and something good will come out of it.

Its great you like your job.

Glad to see you finally made a thread and a post, Rocketturtle. 8)

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 09:13:07 PM »
Yay!  A Rocketturtle post!

Rocketturtle has more karma than posts.. :o

She(i'm guessing) should post more and lurk less.  :angel:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 09:20:20 PM »
It's tough to be a lurkless poster.

He/she/it will get major karma from me for ditching the fucking "salt and pepper fight" avatar.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 09:22:22 PM »
How's your day been, rocketturtle?

hiroshima

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 09:29:16 PM »
I too am thrilled to see that rocketturtle has posted!

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 09:49:53 PM »
Just keep posting rocketturtle. ;)
Guardian of the Empire

duncvis

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 02:04:41 PM »
Another four posts and you'll be able to see the whole board again Rocketturtle.  :eyebrows:

We had to make half the boards 10-posts-and-above to piss Ascan off.  :evillaugh:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »
Another four posts and you'll be able to see the whole board again Rocketturtle.  :eyebrows:

We had to make half the boards 10-posts-and-above to piss Ascan off.  :evillaugh:

Poor rocketturtle!  How willl she be able to lurk now?  :'(

duncvis

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 02:34:17 PM »
I know, I feel bad about that, considering she's our favourite lurker. She shouldn't have to pay the price for Ascan's cuntishness... look at it as a carrot. Come and join the family Rocketturtle!  ;)