Educational

Author Topic: George Zimmerman not guilty  (Read 2496 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: George Zimmerman not guilty
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 02:56:19 PM »
Can't figure out why this is world news.

No. Me neither. If this had happened in France or Australia, I doubt if it would have made any kind of major news in Britain.

For some reason, Britain news covers America, as if it weren't a foreign country. We hear a lot about what goes on over there, and we hear about American politics.

I dont like it, and I dont really want to hear about domestic American news. Im sure you guys dont hear much about what goes on in Britain.

You miss my point. It's not a big story. It's world news because someone made it world news. Crap like this happens in the US all the time. Don't understand why it's even national news here, rather than simply a local news story, like the blue one said. Not understanding why this one case is so sensationalized.

Maybe its because it has a race element, and a gun/anti-gun element. If similar stories fail to make the news, then I couldnt explain that.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »

No. Me neither. If this had happened in France or Australia, I doubt if it would have made any kind of major news in Britain.

For some reason, Britain news covers America, as if it weren't a foreign country. We hear a lot about what goes on over there, and we hear about American politics.

I dont like it, and I dont really want to hear about domestic American news. Im sure you guys dont hear much about what goes on in Britain.
. Imo they are trying to create more animosity towards Americans. Make them unsympathetic if/when something really bad happens.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 04:06:28 PM »

. Imo they are trying to create more animosity towards Americans. Make them unsympathetic if/when something really bad happens.

Its possible that some elements of our media have an anti-American slant on things, but probably not BBC news.
I wouldnt say that its really anti-American though. I would say its anti-right-wing-America :laugh: All of the left wing media here were very pro-Obama.

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »
As I understand it, that primary problem with this trial is that the prosecution forgot to line its cards up before going to trial.

Im sure you guys dont hear much about what goes on in Britain.
Not usually in our news, but then the major media outlets would NOT stfu about Princess Diana after she died. My guess is that American issues and goings on are broadcasted because there's an audience for it, just like there was an audience for the supposed tragedy and nonstop dwelling on Princess Die's funeral and suspicions of foul play blablabla here in the states. As I understand it, the only thing special about her was that she was a British Ghandi - a token idealist and a princess that did not act very princess-like in her private dealings.

Anyways, /endrant
I notice that in America, this is being seen seen as a race issue. Over here, I think it's seen more as a gun issue.
Btw... everything involving gun violence is seen as a gun issue in parts of europe.
He killed a black guy, so that must mean it was racially motivated, right.  :viking:

:dunno:

:o
To sum up, this trial and reaction to the verdict the current state speaks a lot to the sad state of racial politics here in the states. White guy kills a black guy, a hate crime happens. Or, at least it does in the eyes of numerous race-baiters and (of course) black racists in the country. SSDD. :yarly:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:29:02 PM by Kapkao »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 04:34:13 PM »
White guy kills a black guy, a hate crime happens. Or, at least it does in the eyes of numerous race-baiters and (of course) black racists in the country.
A Hispanic man killed a black guy though. That was STILL enough to inspire a race war between white and black people though. I've said it before. Twilight zone, guys.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 04:39:44 PM »

Not here. Maybe in some countries, but it's definitely not that in the UK

It's like butterflies said - an anti-RIGHT WING/conservative america, if anything. And of course the confusion about your gun culture.

It's not trying to stir up anti-american hatred or make us unsympathetic when anything bad happens though. Of all the European countries, the UK is probably most sympathetic to the US, and whenever anything terrible happens like the school shootings, there is massive sympathy over here.

Don't get me wrong, there's definitely a lot of anti-american hatred in the world, and probably a lot in the media too, but not from the UK

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 04:41:20 PM »
Not usually in our news, but then the major media outlets would NOT stfu about Princess Diana after she died. 

That was world news. She was one of the most famous people in the world, and I expect her death was huge news everywhere. Just as Nelson Mandelas health issues are big here. It wasn't domestic British news.
For the record, I dont have any interest in the Royal Family, but I accept that they are very well known throughout much of the world.

My guess is that American issues and goings on are broadcasted because there's an audience for it
I dont think there is an audience for it here. I think that BBC World News is trying to establish itself in America, and so it has correspondents in America all the time. So, any time a domestic American news story breaks, BBC correspondents are there for BBC World News, and so it just finds its way onto the normal BBC news program here.

To sum up, this trial and reaction to the verdict the current state speaks a lot to the sad state of racial politics here in the states. White guy kills a black guy, a hate crime happens. Or, at least it does in the eyes of numerous race-baiters and (of course) black racists in the country. SSDD.

TBH, I didnt even see it as a race issue, until I saw the reaction to the verdict. I saw it as a gun issue. I felt that the bigger issue was allowing armed vigilantes to use lethal force to "protect" themselves against unarmed kids.

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »
White guy kills a black guy, a hate crime happens. Or, at least it does in the eyes of numerous race-baiters and (of course) black racists in the country.
A Hispanic man killed a black guy though. That was STILL enough to inspire a race war between white and black people though. I've said it before. Twilight zone, guys.
Too true but to most of the knee-jerk reactions to his killing someone and his verdict the opinion is that "he's white enough".

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
Too true but to most of the knee-jerk reactions to his killing someone and his verdict the opinion is that "he's white enough".

Actually, the funniest thing is, some digging was done into his family tree. His great great grandfather was a black man. Burn.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 05:48:58 PM »

Actually, the media does fixate on the british royalty a wee bit.  It gets as annoying as when they fixate on our own celebrities.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
Hey how do you think we feel - we fucking pay taxes towards them! :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 05:52:43 PM »
although having said that, I'm not currently earning enough to pay taxes lol, but you get the point

it was on the BBC News website when kim kardashian gave birth btw

on the FUCKING BBC NEWS WEBSITE

and god help us when the royal sprog is born

doesn't bear thinking about. any day now too.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »

Actually, the media does fixate on the british royalty a wee bit.  It gets as annoying as when they fixate on our own celebrities.

TBH, I wish our own media would shut up about the Royals.
We've just had days of the earth-shatteringly awesome news that Princess Horsey-Face is pregnant :party: :party:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 06:00:20 PM »
oh christ yeah. It seems like there's always fucking something.

you get over the bloody wedding, and then there's a baby. then as soon as this one's born, there'll be another fucking one.

then there'll no doubt be a fucking funeral

christ.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »
oh christ yeah. It seems like there's always fucking something.

you get over the bloody wedding, and then there's a baby. then as soon as this one's born, there'll be another fucking one.

then there'll no doubt be a fucking funeral

christ.

Another martyr to worship. :P
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.