Author Topic: George Zimmerman not guilty  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
George Zimmerman not guilty
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:16:26 AM »
(CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - Following nearly three weeks of testimony, a jury of six women in the George Zimmerman trial has found the former neighborhood watch volunteer not guilty of second-degree murder.

He was also found not guilty of the lesser offense of manslaughter, which the jury also weighed.

Link
Let the rioting begin :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: George Zimmerman not guilty
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 05:40:23 AM »
My neighborhood watch is prepared for it. :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »
Now Jesse and Al are trying to push Holder's DOJ to pursue "Civil Rights" violations charges against Zimmerman.

I think they mad bro.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 11:57:06 AM »
Saw the result. Thought it was disgraceful :thumbdn:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 12:32:21 PM »
Trayvon wasnt exactly innocent , himself. Both Trayvon and George  are shady people IMO. I read old tritter posts on Trayvon a while back where a friend of his mentioned how he "swung at" a bus driver. With two people like that in the same night, someone would end up dead. Trayvon happened to be black and George is "white". No one gives a fuck about black on black murder that happens all the fucking time.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »
Glad the trial is over

Doesnt matter what Trayvon

Had done in the past

Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter

for getting out of his truck

The state tried to prosecute him on the wrong charge

A charge of manslaughter

Would have been a slam dunk

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 04:36:45 PM »
Glad the trial is over

Doesnt matter what Trayvon

Had done in the past

Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter

for getting out of his truck

The state tried to prosecute him on the wrong charge

A charge of manslaughter

Would have been a slam dunk

Yes. Manslaughter, not murder. No one would give a fuck if George Zimmerman was black.

The defense elected not to use the ‘stand your ground’ defense.

Primarily this is a political trial that wouldn’t have occurred but for the enormous media attention the incident garnered.

It was played as ‘white vs. black’ despite Zimmerman’s Hispanic and other ethnic roots to motivate blacks for a cause in an important election year.

The family’s attorney also used it to generate ‘heat’ to earn a quick million dollar settlement from the homeowner’s association insurance company.

Zimmerman’s ‘story’ was that there were previous robberies so he and others began a watch program. The main argument was over who began the confrontation and threw the first punch. If Zimmerman is correct and TM struck him first and then was attempting to bash his head in the ground or suffocate him, he had the right to defend himself even if it caused TM great bodily harm or death.

This was a suspicious wannabe cop wannabe badass (actually a short and fat whimp) vs. a wannabe gansta wannabe badass (actually a scrawny 17 year old kid with family issues).

Was it avoidable? Had Zimmerman said, “No problem, man, I’m the neighborhood watch here and the police are on the way” would it have been avoided? Had he stayed in his vehicle and just waited for the cops before then? Had Martin just run home quickly to his dad’s and avoided the altercation? Had he said, “You the police or something?” instead of “Do you have a problem?”

Was really a series of misunderstandings and mistakes on the part of both of them that day and now it’s all being seen through a ‘race prism’ with 99% of blacks saying, “White racist killed young black boy = guilty!” and Hispanics and whites saying, “What does the evidence show? So far it’s looking like self defense = not guilty, but a tragedy nonetheless.”

Blacks will interpret it based on the race baiters initial take on the death and riot.

Blacks will likely kill other blacks during the rioting and that’ll receive... how much national attention? Far less than this.

getting home, then going back out to beat on someone, is committing a crime. it also means you willingly engaged the person and that you were /became the instigator.

there is no wayto slice thisthat trayvon isnt guilty and zimmerman acted in self defense. both could have made different choices beforehand. trayvon made the criminal choices of assault when he did not have to - ie not self-defense, ie coming back after he had retreated- and attacked zimmerman, and zimmerman defended himself.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3038068/posts
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:44:10 PM by duckfetishgirl »

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 04:59:17 PM »
Let’s not be naïve: If Trayvon Martin had been shot that night by another black teenager there would be have been nothing from president Obama, no nationally televised demonstrations, no demands for justice by prominent civil rights leaders, and nobody outside his immediate circle of family and friends would even know his name.

We know about Trayvon Martin only because the man who shot him looks white.  Actually, Zimmerman’s mother is Peruvian, which makes him half Hispanic, a fact you might not have known if you get your news from the usual places.  That would only detract from the storyline: black kid shot by overzealous (and probably racist) white vigilante.  For what it’s worth, the New York Times refers to him as a “white Hispanic,” a politically correct description to make sure we know Mr. Zimmerman is a white man – and not “a person of color.”  You think the Times would call him a “white Hispanic” if he had won a Nobel Prize for curing cancer?

And this explains why there are no rallies and no national outcry over Delric Waymon Miller IV.  If you just said, “Who?” you are not alone.  It’s a safe bet that not one in a million Americans has the vaguest clue as to who Delric Waymon Miller IV is.

Delric was a 9-month old baby – a 9-month old African American baby – who was sleeping on a couch at home in Detroit a few weeks ago, when in the early morning hours, someone fired 37 shots from an AK-47 into the house.  One shot killed Delric Waymon Miller IV.

Delric’s 19-year old mother said to get away from the gunfire she grabbed her baby and took him into the basement.  That’s when she saw the blood.  The baby wouldn’t wake up, she said.

Police think the shooting may have been an act of retaliation stemming from a fight between rival gangs a few days earlier at a bar.

So of course there would be no national outcry, no comments from the president, no rallies led by Al Sharpton demanding justice for Delric, no pieties from Jesse Jackson about how “blacks are under attack” in America.  It’s a safe bet the shooter was black.  This was just one more case of black on black crime, the kind of story that gets ink in the local papers but that’s about it.
- See more at: http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/trayvon-martin-and-media-hypocrisy/#sthash.XVogRCZI.dpuf
http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/trayvon-martin-and-media-hypocrisy/

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
(CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - Following nearly three weeks of testimony, a jury of six women in the George Zimmerman trial has found the former neighborhood watch volunteer not guilty of second-degree murder.

He was also found not guilty of the lesser offense of manslaughter, which the jury also weighed.

Link
Let the rioting begin :zombiefuck:

:dunno:

At least he was charged with something. Everyone knows the justice system is unjust- so, who cares.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »
Trayvon wasnt exactly innocent , himself. Both Trayvon and George  are shady people IMO. I read old tritter posts on Trayvon a while back where a friend of his mentioned how he "swung at" a bus driver. With two people like that in the same night, someone would end up dead. Trayvon happened to be black and George is "white". No one gives a fuck about black on black murder that happens all the fucking time.

I notice that in America, this is being seen seen as a race issue. Over here, I think it's seen more as a gun issue.
The attitude of myself, and those Ive spoke to about this, is how terrible an idea it is to allow petty little vigilantes to carry guns, and then allow them to kill anybody who they claim "are posing a threat to their life."
How many of these petty little gun-toting vigilantes are just desperate for someone to fight back, allowing them, by law, to blow their brains out?

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »

I notice that in America, this is being seen seen as a race issue. Over here, I think it's seen more as a gun issue.
The attitude of myself, and those Ive spoke to about this, is how terrible an idea it is to allow petty little vigilantes to carry guns, and then allow them to kill anybody who they claim "are posing a threat to their life."
How many of these petty little gun-toting vigilantes are just desperate for someone to fight back, allowing them, by law, to blow their brains out?

There are uppity punks like Georg, but stand your ground also defends people who really are just defending themselves. Though Trayvon did attack George, so tecnically it was "self defense". America is really fucked up. A criminal can injure themselves breaking in your home, then sue you for the medical bill.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57540638-504083/burglar-sues-calif-homeowner-90-who-returned-fire/

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »

There are uppity punks like Georg, but stand your ground also defends people who really are just defending themselves. Though Trayvon did attack George, so tecnically it was "self defense". America is really fucked up. A criminal can injure themselves breaking in your home, then sue you for the medical bill.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57540638-504083/burglar-sues-calif-homeowner-90-who-returned-fire/

I'm all for defending yourself, but shooting an unarmed boy dead is, IMO, indefensible. In fact, IMO, even if Treyvon had started attacking George, there would have been absolutely no justification for shooting him dead.

I mean, if I was walking back to my home, and some jerk like Zimmerman harassed me, I would tell him to get to fuck. If he persisted, I would go for his throat. With some interpretations of the "stand your ground" law, my harasser would be within the law to kill me :zombiefuck:
It seems that any jerk with a gun can provoke a violent reaction from a person, and then kill them in "self-defence."

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »

I'm all for defending yourself, but shooting an unarmed boy dead is, IMO, indefensible. In fact, IMO, even if Treyvon had started attacking George, there would have been absolutely no justification for shooting him dead.

I mean, if I was walking back to my home, and some jerk like Zimmerman harassed me, I would tell him to get to fuck. If he persisted, I would go for his throat. With some interpretations of the "stand your ground" law, my harasser would be within the law to kill me :zombiefuck:
It seems that any jerk with a gun can provoke a violent reaction from a person, and then kill them in "self-defence."

There will always be people who abuse their freedom. I don't think taking away freedom of law abiding citizens is the answer. I didn't read enough on stand your ground to get a clear view of it. I am sure there are a bunch of loopholes to be abused. George will never live this down. He will either become a hit target or just hated by most people.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 05:59:02 PM »
George will never live this down. He will either become a hit target or just hated by most people.

TBH, I get the feeling that he's almost seen as a bit of a hero by certain sections of American society :(

Offline Bastet

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
George will never live this down. He will either become a hit target or just hated by most people.

TBH, I get the feeling that he's almost seen as a bit of a hero by certain sections of American society :(

The racist good ol' boy section who doesn't like George Zimmerman too much better than they did Trayvon . George just isn't "as bad", but still a dirty minority.  :redneck:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:07:14 PM by duckfetishgirl »