Educational

Author Topic: What is the Weather like where You Live?  (Read 168521 times)

ozymandias

Re: What is the Weather like where You Live?
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2007, 11:35:11 AM »
61 F, where has our winter gone and when will it hit us like a ton of bricks.  2 days ago it was so icy from the freezing rain we had, that none of us dared to take a walk.  It rained all last night and now it's partly cloudy, but, with more ominous clouds to the northwest of us.

Now our driveway is mud like the spring thaw brings!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2007, 09:53:18 AM »
More like a typical dismal January day - about twent eight degrees Farenheit, sleet, calm breeze, very heavy clouds, which the sun can not see through.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »
It's snowing!  Weeeeeeee!  Only took til january to stop raining!
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Litigious

« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2007, 12:15:35 PM »
It still rains here.  :grrr:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2007, 12:19:03 PM »
Stormy Times
Added : Sun 7 January : 13:34GMT

The relentless unsettled conditions will continue throughout the coming week in the form of further intense North Atlantic low pressure systems, one such feature is expected to cross all parts during the rest of Sunday and into Sunday night.

The primary problem this week will be the detail, with such active weather expected throughout the entire week there are some uncertainties over the specifics. One thing is for sure however and that is it will become very wet indeed with local and possible regional flooding expected by the end of the week.

England and Wales will see the wettest of the weather with an initial low pressure sweeping across all parts through Monday. Following on behind will be a series of frontal waves, these 'wiggles' along a front cause the front to become almost stationary with pulses of heavy rain from time to time. Scotland and Northern Ireland will see some brighter and cooler weather with showers and all places will see brighter and showery weather by Thursday, some of the showers wintry over highest ground. The end of the week sees yet another low pressure bringing further wet and very windy weather.

By the end of the week the majority of us will all probably be singing a rendition of ''The Animals Went in Two by Two'...'and they all went into the ark for to get out of the rain'

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

ozymandias

« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2007, 12:31:39 PM »
We had snow last night 2-3 inches, then it changed to sleet and now it's rain!  Slush and Ice city, quite shitty!

Litigious

« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2007, 12:33:20 PM »
I think we had 1 cm (less than ½ inch) snow one day or so in November or December. Otherwise it has been raining about 5 days a week since September...

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »
My favorite kind of weather is when it rains(or sleets) during the night, and then freezes, and then it snows/sleets like a blizard the next day.  I love driving during that weather, because you actually need to try.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

ozymandias

« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2007, 02:04:27 PM »
Better you than me!

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2007, 02:05:49 PM »
* PeterMacKenzie looks outside.

Ugh.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2007, 06:24:08 PM »
It was in 50s F and sunny today 32F tonight.
Guardian of the Empire

Graelwyn

« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2007, 06:43:38 PM »
The weather I most hate. Very windy with a lot of rain. It almost hurts my skin when a certain kind of rain hits it and I hate the wind as it blows my hair all over the place (vain such as I am lol). Naw, basically, the wind blows my fringe out of the way and reveals my eyebrow pulling habits which I am very self conscious about.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2007, 07:27:08 PM »
It's been somewhat chilly, but not more than that, today. And now, in the middle of the night, it is quite stormy.

Graelwyn

« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2007, 08:59:09 PM »
Who else is in uk anyway? not been paying attention much to locations

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2007, 09:03:18 PM »
I'm in Glasgow.