Author Topic: What is the Weather like where You Live?  (Read 167807 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What is the Weather like where You Live?
« Reply #2940 on: December 16, 2008, 01:32:42 AM »
>:( 59F where I work. New England in December, we should have had at least one snowstorm by now. I didn't even need a sweater today.
global warming.

Wow, wasn't there an ice storm there just a few days ago?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2941 on: December 16, 2008, 01:35:28 AM »
There are two Dakotas. They're both brave!  :zoinks:

I just can't remember which one it is that Kevv calls home.

Quite often, North Dakota has the coldest temperatures recorded in the "Lower Forty Eight.''

Rapid City, South Dakota.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #2942 on: December 16, 2008, 02:17:43 AM »
43 Fahrenheit, cloudy with showers off and on.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2943 on: December 16, 2008, 04:15:41 AM »
9C, grey and raining.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #2944 on: December 16, 2008, 05:21:10 AM »
4 oC cowardly clouds.  >:(

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2945 on: December 16, 2008, 05:40:00 AM »
10c dull, drops of rain peppering the window, streaming down to the ledge. I hear the wind, but it always sounds more dramatic from the inside, cutting through the buildings.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2946 on: December 16, 2008, 05:56:11 AM »
39F (3.88C) rainy getting cooler maybe some slush latter :-\
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2947 on: December 16, 2008, 08:15:45 AM »
>:( 59F where I work. New England in December, we should have had at least one snowstorm by now. I didn't even need a sweater today.
global warming.

Wow, wasn't there an ice storm there just a few days ago?
yes there was. in general here it has been snowing one day and warm the next. we are supposed to have snow today. today it is 34F 2C and cloudy but the sun is coming out. hoping for snow before March....
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2948 on: December 16, 2008, 09:36:40 AM »
-9F they say it might warm up to above zero today to 6F. :woohoo:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2949 on: December 16, 2008, 12:39:05 PM »
Yeah, North Dakota is just south of where I grew up. Bouncing around the southern USA and the coasts has spoiled me.  :P

I've heard that there is only one barbed wire fence between the North Pole and North Dakota and it's missing a strand of wire.

:lol:

The only time I was ever stranded in a winter storm "on the road"  with a band was in North Dakota. We were so fucked!

It's a long story, but all of us had decided that dying would be better than this fucking cold. The bus was almost out of diesel (bus heaters pretty much are worthlesss, anyway) and the generator which powered the suppplemental heating unit had begun to pout, then completely quit, because it has a problem with forty below zero farenheight shit. Then we could no longer get the door open to check on it, due to accumulating snow. It was colder than proverbial unwanted FUCK!  The beer cans in our cooler were popping, exploding one by one, because of the cold. All us, not so gay guys, were huddled together, sharing blankets, etc. to conserve body heat, when a farmer poked a hoe handle through the snow enough to reach the windshield of the bus and make a noise from the outside.

There was no way, he could hear us yelling, but using his tractor implements, he dug out our bus anyway, enough to find if there were people inside and there were!!. It took over three hours to get the door open and he made four trips in his tractor rig to get us all to the warm safety of his his house, the whole time cussing us up and down about being stupid "greenhorns."

It was quite a weekend, hangin' out with that old codger and his mules and cows, because it took two more days before the state crews had cleared enough of the roadway to open the interstate again.
We missed our gig!
 :'(

Like I mentioned, it's a really long story and it continues in the spring, but I think you get the drift, ()no gawd no, not a drift!! ... the jist, let's say)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:47:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2950 on: December 17, 2008, 09:44:50 AM »
There are two Dakotas. They're both brave!  :zoinks:

I just can't remember which one it is that Kevv calls home.

Quite often, North Dakota has the coldest temperatures recorded in the "Lower Forty Eight.''

Rapid City, South Dakota.

Figured you would remember.

Thanks.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2951 on: December 17, 2008, 11:52:52 AM »
Windy with heavy drizzle.  It was twilight all day from the heavy cloud cover.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2952 on: December 17, 2008, 12:31:13 PM »
We've had an odd mix of rain an freezing drizzle punctuated by moments of bitchin' snow.

There is only about an inch on the ground, but it has ended up as thin layers of crispy ice atop, thin layers on soft snow.
There were two fronts, one arctic and one from the Gulf affecting our weather overnight, fighting for dominance. The rain would turn to freezing balls of ice, then puffy snow, then back to rain, which melted it all together in a thin layer, then more fluffy snow. It's very crispy and noisy to walk on.

It's now dry and still, but well below freezing.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2953 on: December 17, 2008, 12:32:30 PM »
What they call a wintery mix(snow,sleet,freezing rain all at once) here this morning now just rain
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #2954 on: December 17, 2008, 01:11:36 PM »
Cow-herdly rain and 4 oC, oy vey.  :(