Educational

Author Topic: What is the Weather like where You Live?  (Read 167791 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What is the Weather like where You Live?
« Reply #2340 on: April 29, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »
Or?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2341 on: April 29, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
care to quote the previous post, otherwise it could be "or?" anything.  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2342 on: April 29, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »
care to quote the previous post, otherwise it could be "or?" anything.  :laugh:

Pretty much the point, I'd say.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2343 on: April 29, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »
a very gooooood point.  (i had to go back and read it, didn't i? :laugh: )

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2344 on: April 29, 2008, 02:40:08 PM »
a very gooooood point.  (i had to go back and read it, didn't i? :laugh: )

Of course. And I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2345 on: April 29, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »
"or else!"

:LMAO:

:-*

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2346 on: April 29, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »
Er... right. I see your point. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2347 on: April 29, 2008, 03:21:45 PM »
it's raining, and i have to go to the shop.  (i'm only buying small quantities of milk to force myself out of the house every day).

oh well, i won't dissolve*, and the rain feels nice on my face anyway.

*contrary to popular opinion. :witch: :laugh

:yikes:

No fucking way!  I can not stand to be touched at random by cold water on the outside of my body.

(I still carry a folded up giant garbage bag in my car to turn into a pancho, just in case I have to be in the rain. The rain here fucking sucks! It is not mellowed by the Gulf Stream. It is fucking Arctic, even during the dog days of summer. I can't fucking stand for it to touch me!)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:23:31 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2348 on: April 29, 2008, 03:34:20 PM »
Suns out getting nice going to go outside before it gets dark
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #2349 on: April 29, 2008, 04:36:37 PM »
Or?

She'll fly that broomstick right up your ass cheeks.......................then again you might like that!   :eyebrows:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2350 on: April 30, 2008, 12:41:13 AM »
it's raining, and i have to go to the shop.  (i'm only buying small quantities of milk to force myself out of the house every day).

No fucking way!  I can not stand to be touched at random by cold water on the outside of my body.

(I still carry a folded up giant garbage bag in my car to turn into a pancho, just in case I have to be in the rain. The rain here fucking sucks! It is not mellowed by the Gulf Stream. It is fucking Arctic, even during the dog days of summer. I can't fucking stand for it to touch me!)

i went for the walk (a long-ish one - about 3 miles) and it was lovely: a light drizzzle now and then, which did feel nice.

sorry dawg, but water and me like each other.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2351 on: April 30, 2008, 12:41:46 AM »
Or?

She'll fly that broomstick right up your ass cheeks.......................then again you might like that!   :eyebrows:

no, he wouldn't.  apart from the fact i'm against animal cruelty, the splinters are nasty.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2352 on: April 30, 2008, 05:02:48 AM »

i went for the walk (a long-ish one - about 3 miles) and it was lovely: a light drizzzle now and then, which did feel nice.

Oh, I like warm water on me, but I can't stand to be pelted by near freezing droplets of rain which have dropped from ten or eleven miles up.

I did not mind the rain when I lived near the gulf coast of south Texas. In fact, I may have experienced something similar to what you describe, but the rain was much closer to my own body temperature.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2353 on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:50 AM »
Cold and wet.  We had thunder and lighting yesterday, which isn't very common here.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2354 on: April 30, 2008, 06:01:31 AM »

Oh, I like warm water on me, but I can't stand to be pelted by near freezing droplets of rain which have dropped from ten or eleven miles up.

I did not mind the rain when I lived near the gulf coast of south Texas. In fact, I may have experienced something similar to what you describe, but the rain was much closer to my own body temperature.

Rain tends to be a cold affair here too.  It feels like being stabbed with little needles if it hits my arms or torso, though it's not so bad on my face.  It can be bad if it's heavy, driving, freezing rain though, since it splatters against my forehead and chills my head so much that I get a headache.  I can let my hair down and keep most of my head warm and dry, but my hair doesn't cover my forehead since the follicles have realigned to point backwards and to the sides from my hair being tied back most of the time.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?