Author Topic: What is the Weather like where You Live?  (Read 168749 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What is the Weather like where You Live?
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2007, 04:59:52 AM »
It's nearly 8pm here and it's 21 C.

37 C is forecast for late next week. >:( Too hot.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Litigious

« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2007, 05:09:59 AM »
It seems like the northern hemisphere of the planet is drowned by rains and the winter is more delayed for every year, while the southern hemisphere is being burnt to desert and dried out.

There is 4-5 cm of snow here by now (1½-2 inches). "Christmas" feeling one month too late.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2007, 09:00:37 AM »
Yeah, finally some snow. But it's melting even as I write this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2007, 09:02:56 AM »
6C and raining.  The ground here is completely waterlogged, and has been for some time.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #259 on: January 20, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »
Still raining.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2007, 02:02:58 PM »
The BIG change
Added : Fri 19 January : 10:56GMT

One last storm system is set to cross the UK this coming weekend before the weather changes markedly for all areas.

The system, which pushes in later during today, won't be anything near as ferocious as the depression which crossed the country yesterday with the sad loss of lives.

Rain will push into Western areas during today, then into this evening, the winds pick up across all areas with coastal winds of up to 60mph and inland speeds up to 40mph.

The change happens during Saturday. As the low pushes into the North Sea, so it drags down colder air from the North. Showers will turn wintry across higher ground in Scotland quickly during Saturday. Then into Sunday, so the cold air filters South bringing snow to lower levels during Sunday and Monday.

More on this later, however have a fantastic weekend and if you're a cold weather lover then you're going to love next week ;-)

Litigious

« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2007, 02:03:50 PM »
It's almost storm here, by now.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2007, 02:07:25 PM »
Nearly 50F partly cloudy.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #263 on: January 20, 2007, 06:02:07 PM »
SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is New Jersey's first snow this season!  ;D
I wish We had some snow. :(

The snow didn't really even stick, and by the time I got out of work it was raining and the little snow we had was gone.  :-\ It was still pretty to see the snow fall down though.

duncvis

« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »
3C/37F, windy, sleet showers. Brrr. Think we might actually get some wintry weather shortly.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2007, 09:12:15 AM »
5C and mostly dry.  The forecast is for dry, sunny weather for the next 3 days, before a return to the rain.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2007, 09:16:55 AM »
Winter's Arrival
Added : Fri 19 January : 14:12GMT

After a very active week weather wise in association with yet more wet and windy weather and also the storms of Thursday 18th, the weather is set to change...winter is about to arrive!

Winter is classed as the 1st of December to the 28th of February with the half way point for the winter being 14th of January, as a result we have had half of the winter with little or no snow especially across England and Wales generally and some places haven't even recorded any frost yet!. Well that is all set to change.

We mentioned in the earlier discussion that winter so far has been dominated by a jet stream that has been orientated across the North Atlantic in a West to East direction. As a result there has been a persistent stream of low pressure systems crossing the North Atlantic bringing very unsettled and mild weather for weeks on end. The change comes about as the jet stream ridges North-wards towards Greenland creating a ridge or block of high pressure within the Central North Atlantic. Downstream of this feature over the UK a Northerly wind then develops.

The change will take place during the course of Saturday across Northern parts of the country as colder air filters South. By Sunday colder air will have filtered across the majority of the UK and any showers will be turning increasingly wintry with sleet and snow likely above 200m to 250m initially, but increasingly to lower levels further North. Frost will also become a risk by night.

Next week still has uncertainty surrounding it with regards to just how long the cold will last and how much wintry precipitation is likely to develop. One thing's for sure though compared to the winter as a whole so far, the coming 2 to 5 days from Saturday will feel very cold indeed with many places seeing below average temperatures, frequent and harsh frosts and some places will indeed see snow.

Dig out the winter woollies and de-icer, winter arrives this weekend!.

Graelwyn

« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2007, 11:25:36 AM »
Looks pretty calm out there to me, but cannot be bothered to look closer.

Litigious

« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »
It's almost storm here, by now.

The storm actually had the electrical power go out 50 minutes after I wrote that. I got my internet connection back just an hour ago. It's 0C/32F, a little snow and windy.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2007, 04:03:27 AM »
Watching a 3-minute short about a man's love for clouds in all their various types.  He's obviously never lived in Glasgow, where usually we don't get cute, fluffy clouds, sitting in a backdrop of blue sky and lit up by the sun; just wall to wall grey across the whole sky.