Author Topic: Jet with Bolivia's president forced to land in Austria due to hunt for Snowden  (Read 821 times)

TheoK

There aren't less blind slaves here  :(

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
More like the land of a couple of rich families, and the home of millions and millions of blind slaves.

Bread and circuses.

Are you denying that America is an international bully?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

TheoK

Many European politicians are saying straightforward that America is an international bully.

The catch is that they don't dare to do anything more about it than bitch, though. Not even the French, who are usually extremely chauvinist, denied to do as America told them about closing air corridors, for instance.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
More like the land of a couple of rich families, and the home of millions and millions of blind slaves.

Bread and circuses.

Yes. YEs as a matter of fact I AM denying that. Although 99% of the nation is bamboozled into following this scheme, that doesn't mean they know its happening.

Don't lump people like me with the elite global bankers, dude. Matter of fact, I think it would be more appropriate to say that America is like the "gun" that the "bully" is using in your metaphor. International bully? Is the "gun" to blame, or the person who fired it? Who is firing that gun, you might ask? Follow the money, and media influence.(hint)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!

Bread and circuses.

Yes. YEs as a matter of fact I AM denying that. Although 99% of the nation is bamboozled into following this scheme, that doesn't mean they know its happening.

Don't lump people like me with the elite global bankers, dude. Matter of fact, I think it would be more appropriate to say that America is like the "gun" that the "bully" is using in your metaphor. International bully? Is the "gun" to blame, or the person who fired it? Who is firing that gun, you might ask? Follow the money, and media influence.(hint)

Are you implying that the rest of the planet does not see America that way? Who said anything about the citizens? Did you not understand I was speaking of the government?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Bush was more entertaining.

No, George, 2u, Bush 'made' the world quite a sadder place to be. Still think he should be free of charge target practice.. gun shooting wise.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

TheoK

Still think he should be free of charge target practice.. gun shooting wise.

:green:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
President ObamaBush

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot

Bread and circuses.

Your country is what your government makes it to be, for the rest of the world. And right now they work hard on that bully image
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kapkao

• If it's Godunov for you it's good enough for me
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
When has int'l law (or The Hague) been a factor to how the US conducts business?
Why should it be a factor now?

I'm mostly pissed that European nations simply obey  :grrr:
It doesn't hurt that they're our allies(1) and that we have enough conventional firepower to level their cities AND much of the countryside as well, at least of any one nation(2).

They "simply obey"'ed when America went to war with Iraq, with either Nato or the EU-portion of the UN bending over backwards to support our hawk lobby (I can't remember which agency was involved.) Of course, France, Germany and Russia opposed our motion for war. It kinda sucks they were just being dicks about their arms sales to Iraq -with the 4th largest military in the world, Iraq was pretty profitable customer-, and not actually opposing  the war on conscientious grounds.

That America is occasionally allowed to play 'puppetmaster' with foreign states is something of a testament to the sheer psychological power wielded by our government. It's also nothing new.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
Actually most did not obey when the US went to war with Iraq. Tony the lapdog did, but a lot of the "allies" didn't.

That act of war is a testament to the sheer stupidity of your government. The one then, and the one now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Actually most did not obey when the US went to war with Iraq. Tony the lapdog did, but a lot of the "allies" didn't.
That's not what I was told at the time, but then... our news can be selective in its reporting.

That act of war is a testament to the sheer stupidity of your government. The one then, and the one now.
I'll agree with the former, but what "one now"? There is no Iraq war now. We pulled out, remember?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
That's not what I was told at the time, but then... our news can be selective in its reporting.

I'll agree with the former, but what "one now"? There is no Iraq war now. We pulled out, remember?

What is happening there now is in no way connected to what happened then?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kapkao

• Elder
  • Postwhore
I thought we were talking about war(s)... guess not.  :dunno:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
The war didn't end just because the US declared it to be over. Do you have any idea of how many civilian casualties there have been since the end of the "war"? It takes more than running away from the mess you've created to end it.

- Albert Einstein