Educational

Author Topic: People on intensity you wanna fuck.  (Read 14537 times)

Scrapheap

Re: People on intensity you wanna fuck.
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2007, 12:14:28 PM »
why would such things be published in a scientific journal?  more likely an educational, sociological, cultural or anthropological one, i should think.

anyway..

Scientific journals are all peer reviewed. Educational journals I'm not sure of.

no, i haven't.  but they're not only my "findings", but also the experiences of many other teachers, and the subject of much debate in recent years.

have you?

Sounds like a collective case of confirmation bias.

I don't rely on personal anecdotes, I'm just looking at the historica record here. Does western civilization have the memory of a goldfish?? It wasn't long ago that 12 and 13 yr olds were getting married and starting families. Puberty hits at that age for good reason.

The_P

« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2007, 12:17:24 PM »
I agree with Scrap; when a girl bleeds and a boy produces sperm, they are ready to continue the existence of the human race, for nature has brought them into the realm of adulthood, not humans with their cognitive bias.

This is disgusting to today's society because we won't tolerate procreation from dim-witted parents who won't pay into the system -- parasites, if you will.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2007, 12:31:10 PM »
I think the problem with looking at the issue in terms of what humans have always done historically is we're not taking into account the fact that childhood was very different then.  Children were taught and raised to be adults at a much younger age than we do now, something which I think we need to take into account when judging when a person is old enough for sex now.  I don't agree with the idea that there is some arbitrary age when everyone suddenly becomes emotionally mature enough to handle sex, to say that everyone matures at the same time is just insane.  I also believe that quite often people make more of a big deal about the emotional maturity needed to handle sex than they need to.  Perhaps the real issue is that we as a society are not preparing young adults for sex and all the related emotions that come with it?

My main concern with the example we're really discussing is not necessarily that she was under the age of consent in both the UK and US (granted she wasn't in Sweden), but the fact that being so much older than her there's always the underlying concern that she might be being taken advantage of by someone with a bit more savvy than she has.

Scrapheap

« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »
My main concern with the example we're really discussing is not necessarily that she was under the age of consent in both the UK and US (granted she wasn't in Sweden), but the fact that being so much older than her there's always the underlying concern that she might be being taken advantage of by someone with a bit more savvy than she has.

I would qualify that as abuse. I don't support a relationship where one partner completely dominates the other. (unless one partner is just submisive by nature)

The_P

« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2007, 12:41:47 PM »
A 15-year-old girl has more chance of producing healthier offspring than a woman in her mid-thirties.

Apart from the animal kingdom, we care about making a colony of dipshits. Hence the advent of education, morality, and so forth.

But are we not going against our animal instincts? We are animals, after all.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:44:20 PM by Peatoise »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »
A 15-year-old girl has more chance of producing healthier offspring than a woman in her mid-thirties.

But does she have more chance of raising a child mentally healthy than a woman in her mid-thirties?

The_P

« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »

But does she have more chance of raising a child mentally healthy than a woman in her mid-thirties?

That depends on the teachings of her predecessors. Just because someone's 15 doesn't mean that they're automatically naive or incompetent.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:54:56 PM by Peatoise »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2007, 01:06:30 PM »

That depends on the teachings of her predecessors. Just because someone's 15 doesn't mean that they're automatically naive or incompetent.

Not at all I agree, but the point I was making was that the  majority of people wouldn't be ready to raise a child at 15 even if they were more biologically suited for it than someone older.  It goes back to the point I was making a couple of posts back- in this society people aren't raised to be adults until much older than they were historically, so whilst 15 would have been a normal age to be having children historically it isn't now because children are kept children for much longer.

The_P

« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »
To control population, of course.

We want smart people, not dipshits who breed excessively.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »
To control population, of course.

I think its probably a little more complicated than that, and is also related in some way to their being a lot more jobs that need at least a decent level of education, hard to cram it all in if you're leaving school to get a job at 10.

Edited to add: hey- you edited that last bit in :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 01:22:52 PM by purposefulinsanity »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »
I agree with Scrap; when a girl bleeds and a boy produces sperm, they are ready to continue the existence of the human race, for nature has brought them into the realm of adulthood, not humans with their cognitive bias.

This is disgusting to today's society because we won't tolerate procreation from dim-witted parents who won't pay into the system -- parasites, if you will.

OK, what if your little niece started her periods at eight?

You think she would be ready to breed?

:puke:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2007, 07:18:27 PM »
Silly question, Callaway. It has already been answered. Age does not matter, except in the context of some modern facade of decency. We are animals, so, let's not try to counter that. If the young girls smell right - let's fuck 'em and keep them pregnant, until we find a younger one that bleeds. Nothing to worry about. It is natural. Of course, it is up to the parents to educate them and get them ready to fuck as soon as possible.

</sarcastic bastard>
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 07:22:29 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2007, 07:29:19 PM »
Silly question, Callaway. It has already been answered. Age does not matter, except in the context of some modern facade of decency. We are animals, so, let's not try to counter that. If the young girls smell right - let's fuck 'em and keep them pregnant, until we find a younger one that bleeds. Nothing to worry about. It is natural. Of course, it is up to the parents to educate them and get them ready to fuck as soon as possible.

</sarcastic bastard>

My first thought was asking him if he would do her if she started her periods at 8, since he insists that we are just animals and I don't think animal instincts have any problems with incest, but I thought that might be going a little too far.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »

</sarcastic bastard>

My first thought was asking him if he would do her if she started her periods at 8, since he insists that we are just animals and I don't think animal instincts have any problems with incest, but I thought that might be going a little too far.

Monkeys do, as has mankind for thousands of years. Why try to fool Mother Nature with some inapplicable definition of humanity? Just sniff and go.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2007, 09:29:48 PM »
I'm with Callaway, MarkingDawg, PI, etc.

The start of puberty is a poor reason for a minor to have sex. Their body may be ready to reproduce, but that does not mean they can emotionally handle it.

Historically, young people had sex and started families at a young age, but a lot of things were different then. People didn't live as long as they do now, and psychology wasn't as advanced. People didn't seem to care how these norms psychologically impacted children. At one point, age seven was considered "the age of reason" ffs. We know now that seven-year-olds are children and still developing. Society has progressed a lot since ancient times regarding protecting children.

Adults should be responsible enough not to expose young people to romantic/sexual experiences they are not ready for. It is bad enough that children get talked into sex before they are emotionally ready by their peers.