Author Topic: My sneaky suspicion of Snowden, by Naomi Wolf  (Read 2956 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: My sneaky suspicion of Snowden, by Naomi Wolf
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »
Totally. Sports are gay. I mean I watch the superbowl for the commercials and that's it. I actually discussed this with my English teacher last semester. Guy was real into sports, and liked debate. So I brought it up. I asked him why it was necessary for dudes at sports bars to actually stand up and scream, and pump their fists as if they were the ones who's accomplished the feat of strength and skill they'd just witnessed.

I then stated that the only way i'd care about a sport, is if I was playing in it myself, because then it would be fun. Otherwise, whats there to be interested in?

He couldn't come up with anything. He tried to say that perhaps it was a carry over from the tribal nature of humans, but I shot that down as conjecture.

TL;DR, this is just bullshit. :2thumbsup:

Boooooo Rage :thumbdn: Sports are awesome :headbang2: :headbang2: :headbang2:
Im watching Wimbledon at the moment. Go on Andy Murray and Sabine Lisicki :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

And playing sports is great fun. I'm the goalie in a 5-a-side team, and we usually play twice a week. It is probably the most fun thing that I do :laugh:

Explain how that's fun even though you're not playing? If its not ME playing the game, why should I be exited?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
Totally. Sports are gay. I mean I watch the superbowl for the commercials and that's it. I actually discussed this with my English teacher last semester. Guy was real into sports, and liked debate. So I brought it up. I asked him why it was necessary for dudes at sports bars to actually stand up and scream, and pump their fists as if they were the ones who's accomplished the feat of strength and skill they'd just witnessed.

I then stated that the only way i'd care about a sport, is if I was playing in it myself, because then it would be fun. Otherwise, whats there to be interested in?

He couldn't come up with anything. He tried to say that perhaps it was a carry over from the tribal nature of humans, but I shot that down as conjecture.

Im watching Wimbledon at the moment. Go on Andy Murray and Sabine Lisicki :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

And playing sports is great fun. I'm the goalie in a 5-a-side team, and we usually play twice a week. It is probably the most fun thing that I do :laugh:

Explain how that's fun even though you're not playing? If its not ME playing the game, why should I be exited?

It is exciting if you care about a player, or a team. I've watched Andy Murray play tennis since he was a 17 year old boy. That's my whole adult life.
To see him win the tournament that in Britain, we see as the biggest in the world, would be exciting. I've grown to kinda care a little bit about him. I would imagine that this is a huge ambition for him.
If I heard that you were close to achieving something that would fulfill your lifes ambition, I would be dead excited for you, and Id be really sad for you if you failed.

It's the same with the football team I support. My uncle has always owned shares in the team, and when I was a kid, he had a seat on the board. I loved going to the football with him, and I would meet the players and they would be nice. I still have a lot of affection for the club, so when the team does well, I feel really happy for them, and when they do badly, I feel sad.

Sorry, that was a rather long, rambling reply :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2013, 05:00:20 PM »
tbh the only sport I really like is football.

I can watch basketball or hockey or something. team sports (although not baseball or cricket etc), but I'm not really a fan.

Tennis is ok. I haven't watched any of this wimbledon though. I will watch the men's final though, and possibly the women's final.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »
tbh the only sport I really like is football.

I can watch basketball or hockey or something. team sports (although not baseball or cricket etc), but I'm not really a fan.

Tennis is ok. I haven't watched any of this wimbledon though. I will watch the men's final though, and possibly the women's final.

Sabine Lisicki seems like a really sweet person, and is a little bit of a crush :laugh: And, anybody who beats that abomination, Serena Williams, is alright by me :green:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
All I know of her is she played someone called Radwanker (?) the other day

I will google her. If she's not sufficiently hot enough to have been worth a google, I will pissed off, Flutterbies. Just to warn you!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
All I know of her is she played someone called Radwanker (?) the other day

I will google her. If she's not sufficiently hot enough to have been worth a google, I will pissed off, Flutterbies. Just to warn you!

Its Radwanska, although I do like Radwanker. From this day on, I now know her as Agnesa Radwanker :laugh:

Sabine Lisicki is attractive enough, but not amazing looking. She just comes across as a really nice person.
Yes, I am kinda much more attracted to personality than looks :headbang2:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2013, 07:17:05 PM »

It is exciting if you care about a player, or a team. I've watched Andy Murray play tennis since he was a 17 year old boy. That's my whole adult life.
To see him win the tournament that in Britain, we see as the biggest in the world, would be exciting. I've grown to kinda care a little bit about him. I would imagine that this is a huge ambition for him.
If I heard that you were close to achieving something that would fulfill your lifes ambition, I would be dead excited for you, and Id be really sad for you if you failed.

It's the same with the football team I support. My uncle has always owned shares in the team, and when I was a kid, he had a seat on the board. I loved going to the football with him, and I would meet the players and they would be nice. I still have a lot of affection for the club, so when the team does well, I feel really happy for them, and when they do badly, I feel sad.

Sorry, that was a rather long, rambling reply :laugh:

That feel when I realize i'm just aloof or something.

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2016, 10:19:20 PM »
Americans are spawned from the wretched refuse of teeming shores. :viking:

That's why we are by far the most awesome people on the planet!  :viking:
:viking:

I like this emoticon. 

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2016, 10:39:08 PM »

I like this emoticon.
Not usually the emote type, so don't even remember posting that. Jack really likes the phrase, wretched refuse of teeming shores. :laugh:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2016, 10:48:33 AM »

I like this emoticon.
Not usually the emote type, so don't even remember posting that. Jack really likes the phrase, wretched refuse of teeming shores. :laugh:

:murica: :murica: :murica: :murica: :murica:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2016, 08:07:42 AM »
  Hooray, it's official now! :murica: I'm feeling ever so proud.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2016, 08:15:17 AM »
Australia is the best country, hands down.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »

You don't have a beautiful statue like ours.  :murica: :M
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2016, 09:01:17 AM »

You don't have a beautiful statue like ours.  :murica: :M

Statue....Meh
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap