Educational

Author Topic: People watching  (Read 710 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
People watching
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:04:06 PM »
When I am in public places I watch people.

It is amazing to me how seamless they interact with each other.  To me, they look fake.and needy.
Misunderstood.

TheoK

Re: People watching
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
I feel the same.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 01:31:59 AM »
One of the treats of the public transport, I watch them and eavesdrop on them. Amazing, the things you learn.

The seamless interacting amazes me too. It's like a well oiled machine. If I enter a group, I feel like sand in that machine.  :hyke:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 02:44:38 AM »
Because you are a spazzy cow   :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :hyke: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 02:48:27 AM »
That's not a nice thing to say. :P

But yes, I know the feeling.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 07:35:58 AM »
Whenever I try to enter their conversations its abrupt, like a person entering a room shooting.

I just got their attention, but I don't think they appreciate it.
Conversely, if I try to tone it down a bit,  I come across meek and nobody notices.

I tried developing a courtesy laugh.  Since it seems that a hearty laugh is a nice transition from one speaker to the next.  But I don't know how to use it appropriately and I feel phony when I do it.

People are amazing, to me, in this sense.
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 07:49:52 AM »
They are just "amazing" because they know exactly how to fake feelings. Everybody knows that the feelings are faked, but that is also OK for them, as long as you do it the "right" way.

I master NT behaviour to some degree, I'd say  :nerdy:

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 07:51:27 AM »
I find that wearing headphones allows you an aire of subterfuge!

People see you and assume that you're listening to music or something, so they drop their guard!

The things you hear when they think you're not listening!

Priceless ^^

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:30 AM »
I like watching people, especially walking into a parking lot, I always try to guess which car they're going to.

Then there are the impeccably dressed not a hair out of place types...I wonder how they do that and how long it takes them. :zombiefuck:

Most I've noticed are oblivious to their surroundings, they have a purpose, a destination, and they seem to notice nothing else around them...like they have blinders on. Must be why I am always looked at strangely, I am always looking around.

A LOT of them are fake, they can put on a big smile for their spouse or someone they know and then proceed to treat the cashier, stock boy, or the kid returning the carts like a lower life form. These are the same ones that run into a friend while shopping that they hug and maybe offer condolences to for something, inviting them over to visit maybe...5 minutes later you can find them talking nasty about the same person two aisles over.  :LOL:

TheoK

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 09:54:18 AM »
---
Most I've noticed are oblivious to their surroundings, they have a purpose, a destination, and they seem to notice nothing else around them...like they have blinders on. Must be why I am always looked at strangely, I am always looking around.

Yes, they are like they are blind for everything else. I'm always aware of everything. Yet democratically these blind morons are the "normal" ones  :facepalm2:

A LOT of them are fake, they can put on a big smile for their spouse or someone they know and then proceed to treat the cashier, stock boy, or the kid returning the carts like a lower life form. These are the same ones that run into a friend while shopping that they hug and maybe offer condolences to for something, inviting them over to visit maybe...5 minutes later you can find them talking nasty about the same person two aisles over.  :LOL:

Yes, their hypocrisy. No wonder I loathe and despise "mankind".
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:55:51 AM by Lit »

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
---

Yes, they are like they are blind for everything else. I'm always aware of everything. Yet democratically these blind morons are the "normal" ones  :facepalm2:

Yes, their hypocrisy. No wonder I loathe and despise "mankind".

:indeed:

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »
I like watching people, especially walking into a parking lot, I always try to guess which car they're going to.

Hehe, that reminds me of a guy who looks like a homeless man from newport... He plays in the tunnel between one of the car parks and the main shopping centre every thursday for as long as i can remember. he plays either a guitar or the accordian, and after a while he gets up, walks around the corner into the car park and drievs away in a bright yellow BMW Softtop!

Appearances can be deceptive so they can!

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »

It is amazing to me how seamless they interact with each other.  To me, they look fake.and needy.

Sometimes I like to watch people and fap.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 02:49:01 PM »

Sometimes I like to watch people and fap.

I do that at playgrounds.
:gopher:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 03:55:06 PM »
Whenever I try to enter their conversations its abrupt, like a person entering a room shooting.

I just got their attention, but I don't think they appreciate it.
Conversely, if I try to tone it down a bit,  I come across meek and nobody notices.

I tried developing a courtesy laugh.  Since it seems that a hearty laugh is a nice transition from one speaker to the next.  But I don't know how to use it appropriately and I feel phony when I do it.

People are amazing, to me, in this sense.

That courtesy laugh creeps me out. Some people first make a snickering sound, a laugh, before they say hello. Not just towards me, they do it towards all people they greet. Shivers done my spine, the bad way.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!