Author Topic: Ask the "uppity cunt" anything  (Read 32761 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Ask the "uppity cunt" anything
« Reply #555 on: August 01, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »
GBA emulators and ROMs aren't hard to find for 5 really.   I guess  you could do 4 and 6 via their GBA versions.    Get FF3 for DS or die lol.    FF4 remake for DS has me really excited.   Did you see Cecil as a Dark Knight?   I want to see a better shot of him as a Paladin.   If someone really wants FF1 or 2 then NES emulators are the easiest to come by imo.   I have over 9 gigs of SNES and NES roms.   I need more Genesis/Master System ROMs (I have all the Phantasy Stars).   What I really want is a good Saturn emulator, my brother had a Saturn and we traded it for a N64 when it came out.   I want to play Panzer Dragoon Saga again.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #556 on: August 01, 2007, 10:49:02 AM »
GBA emulators and ROMs aren't hard to find for 5 really.   I guess  you could do 4 and 6 via their GBA versions.    Get FF3 for DS or die lol.    FF4 remake for DS has me really excited.   Did you see Cecil as a Dark Knight?   I want to see a better shot of him as a Paladin.   If someone really wants FF1 or 2 then NES emulators are the easiest to come by imo.   I have over 9 gigs of SNES and NES roms.   I need more Genesis/Master System ROMs (I have all the Phantasy Stars).   What I really want is a good Saturn emulator, my brother had a Saturn and we traded it for a N64 when it came out.   I want to play Panzer Dragoon Saga again.
I dont have a DS unfortunatly, although I am looking at getting a portable of some sort asides my lappie to get through dull lectures when i go to uni. The thing is when i started final fantasy I started on 7, so the nogalistia doesnt really come to me for the older ones, although I still enjoyed them. On the Genesis/ MS roms, have you tried nabbing a goodset from EMUParadise?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #557 on: August 01, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »
Not lately, but I do have a few on my PC.   I need to reformat my laptop, it can run everything up to N64 games.   I fucked that laptop up something serious haha.   You probably should get a DS, it is pretty nice to have imo.   FF3 and the upcoming FF4 total 3D remakes are just the start.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #558 on: August 01, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »
Not lately, but I do have a few on my PC.   I need to reformat my laptop, it can run everything up to N64 games.   I fucked that laptop up something serious haha.   You probably should get a DS, it is pretty nice to have imo.   FF3 and the upcoming FF4 total 3D remakes are just the start.
Hmm, i have played the remakes though. I will probably end up going for a psp, i have appauling handwriting so the touchscreen doesnt appeal to me. Also you can pirate all the PSP games for nought, as long as you have decent sized stick. And there are NES etc emulators for it.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2007, 12:02:47 AM »
How often do you hear the fluorescent lights when you see them?

Um, I'm not really around them much, but i'll let you know when I am.  :P

Why do you refer to yourself as the "uppity cunt"? I assume it has nothing to do with fluorescent lights

Ah, someone on a gaming forum used that as an excuse for trolling. He trolled everyone, though.
Thats an interesting excuse for trolling. What forum was this, and what sort of gaming do you do on it?

NOt telling ;) and I like nintendo and a few computer based games.

why are you such a fucking bitch to me...when I never did anything to warrant it?

Because you called me a try hard. I was rather like a slap in the face to be honest.

huh. it was my opinion based on a thread you started. if you are that sensitive, maybe you need to take a walk, or something...instead of stalking my ass around just to be a fucking bitch.

I'm not going to get into this argument again, I apologised, and that is the most I can do here, apart from trying to think before I post, which I am doing.  Everything is an opinion, by the way, I could say that mine was too. That doesn't make it non insulting, as you probably know all too well.

You say i'm senistive? Well people have different soft spots when it comes to different things.

you apologized? wow. that is a shocker.

in that case, I forgive you for being such an asshole..both here and on other boards.

How is that a shocker? Its just taking responsibility when I should. What did I do to you on other boards?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #560 on: August 02, 2007, 08:10:47 AM »
Hmm, i have played the remakes though. I will probably end up going for a psp, i have appauling handwriting so the touchscreen doesnt appeal to me. Also you can pirate all the PSP games for nought, as long as you have decent sized stick. And there are NES etc emulators for it.

You can hack the DS as well.   Do you ever get sick of piracy and think of yourself as a total leech.  I go through that phase sometimes.   Then I look at the massive amount of free games I have and forget what I was feeling bad about.    No you don't understand FF3 was completely retranslated and made with 3d graphics and FF4 is getting the same treatment (the opening CG for FF3 DS is amazing for a cartridge).   These versions were never on another system.

All they need to do is remake FF6 in 3D and it is all over.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #561 on: August 02, 2007, 12:58:40 PM »

You can hack the DS as well.   Do you ever get sick of piracy and think of yourself as a total leech.  I go through that phase sometimes.   Then I look at the massive amount of free games I have and forget what I was feeling bad about.    No you don't understand FF3 was completely retranslated and made with 3d graphics and FF4 is getting the same treatment (the opening CG for FF3 DS is amazing for a cartridge).   These versions were never on another system.

All they need to do is remake FF6 in 3D and it is all over.
The DS is harder to hack than the PSP. As for being a total leech, oh well...

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #562 on: August 02, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »
Well I have two friends with hacked DSes and they have no problem with them.   They have PSPs also and the homebrew community is nice.   I would get a PSP if there was a release worth having for it right now.   DS is mostly remakes as well with a few good Castlevania games and the New Super Mario Bros. game.   Even though I can technically play remakes of FF4 and others, they aren't quite as nice as the new DS versions coming out.    They should just remake every FF using the Unreal 3 engine for Xbox360 and PS3 and get it over with lol.

I feel sorry for you if you feel like leeching off of game developers is perfectly fine.   I commit piracy like a motherfucker, and I can easily say that pirating music and games is STEALING.  Not like I feel really sorry for them or anything.   I would rather not do it to a company I actually like, and Nintendo is one of those companies (I do hate Sony and MS like crazy though).   I have ROMs and emulators galore, none of that is as good as playing a fully remade 3D FF4 on my DS.   My laptop isn't as portable as a DS.    Handwriting has nothing to do with the gameplay, the touchscreen is merely a gimmick in most games.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #563 on: August 02, 2007, 03:14:43 PM »
Well I have two friends with hacked DSes and they have no problem with them.   They have PSPs also and the homebrew community is nice.   I would get a PSP if there was a release worth having for it right now.   DS is mostly remakes as well with a few good Castlevania games and the New Super Mario Bros. game.   Even though I can technically play remakes of FF4 and others, they aren't quite as nice as the new DS versions coming out.    They should just remake every FF using the Unreal 3 engine for Xbox360 and PS3 and get it over with lol.

I feel sorry for you if you feel like leeching off of game developers is perfectly fine.   I commit piracy like a motherfucker, and I can easily say that pirating music and games is STEALING.  Not like I feel really sorry for them or anything.   I would rather not do it to a company I actually like, and Nintendo is one of those companies (I do hate Sony and MS like crazy though).   I have ROMs and emulators galore, none of that is as good as playing a fully remade 3D FF4 on my DS.   My laptop isn't as portable as a DS.    Handwriting has nothing to do with the gameplay, the touchscreen is merely a gimmick in most games.
I do buy computer games as well, I just feel that I should leech now and then because they rip me off loads, and the pricing takes into account that people pirate some games. For the PSP there is GTA, and i believe they have an FF game coming out. Also I just want to play run of the mill games on it. Where the PSP excels is that you can take movies etc around with you as well, and the memory cards are cheap enough to make it viable.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #564 on: August 02, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »
I have a 30GB iPod, I don't need the PSP for movies or music.   Really don't need it for emulations as I have a small laptop (piece of crap that I need to reformat, but it can play PS1 games).   FFVII Crisis Core I guess you could really consider it an FF game, but it is an action game and you play as Zack.    I could give a rats ass about a portable GTA actually (I played Liberty City Stories and I wasn't impressed).   That series is fun, but I am fine with just having it on a big screen.   I am getting GTA4 for Xbox360 anyways, Crackdown has my fix right now for that type of stuff.  The new Ninja Gaiden game for DS looks pretty sweet.   I am sure the next Metroid will be better.  The next Dragon Quest is DS only.   Have you seen the new Zelda game coming out for DS (Phantom Hourglass)?   I looks pretty damn sweet and is WiFi multiplayer.   The fourswords 4 player link to the past is fun also.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #565 on: August 03, 2007, 07:40:44 AM »
I have a 30GB iPod, I don't need the PSP for movies or music.   Really don't need it for emulations as I have a small laptop (piece of crap that I need to reformat, but it can play PS1 games).   FFVII Crisis Core I guess you could really consider it an FF game, but it is an action game and you play as Zack.    I could give a rats ass about a portable GTA actually (I played Liberty City Stories and I wasn't impressed).   That series is fun, but I am fine with just having it on a big screen.   I am getting GTA4 for Xbox360 anyways, Crackdown has my fix right now for that type of stuff.  The new Ninja Gaiden game for DS looks pretty sweet.   I am sure the next Metroid will be better.  The next Dragon Quest is DS only.   Have you seen the new Zelda game coming out for DS (Phantom Hourglass)?   I looks pretty damn sweet and is WiFi multiplayer.   The fourswords 4 player link to the past is fun also.
Hmm, ill look into it. How can you hack a DS then, is there some special flash device you can buy?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #566 on: August 03, 2007, 07:59:52 AM »
http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bamcat/sets/72157594245728588/

http://www.destructoid.com/hacking-your-nintendo-ds-lite-made-easy

Here are a few things.   I know a couple people with hacked DSes and one of them is actually an aspie.   Next time I see him I could ask him more about it.   I really don't care to do it myself.   I have a DS lite myself and it is the only version worth buying, the old style DS is inferior imo. 

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #567 on: August 03, 2007, 08:13:02 AM »
http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bamcat/sets/72157594245728588/

http://www.destructoid.com/hacking-your-nintendo-ds-lite-made-easy

Here are a few things.   I know a couple people with hacked DSes and one of them is actually an aspie.   Next time I see him I could ask him more about it.   I really don't care to do it myself.   I have a DS lite myself and it is the only version worth buying, the old style DS is inferior imo. 
Thanks, ill take a peek when I am less busy.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2007, 09:11:04 PM »
why did you chicken out and freeze to zero?
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2007, 10:23:31 PM »
Because he is a frozen chicken.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way