Author Topic: Ask the "uppity cunt" anything  (Read 32776 times)

The_P

Re: Ask the "uppity cunt" anything
« Reply #540 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:48 AM »
I don't understand why "try hard" is deemed as a derogative slur.

Help me out here, Vivi.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #541 on: August 01, 2007, 07:33:22 AM »
I don't understand why "try hard" is deemed as a derogative slur.

Help me out here, Vivi.

I don't see how it's not. It's the sort of thing high school jocks said about me for *ghasp* actually being interested in one thing they were - of course that was taken as I want them to like me, as they think it's all about them, and it was utter shit. I hated them.

willow

« Reply #542 on: August 01, 2007, 07:40:32 AM »
How often do you hear the fluorescent lights when you see them?

Um, I'm not really around them much, but i'll let you know when I am.  :P

Why do you refer to yourself as the "uppity cunt"? I assume it has nothing to do with fluorescent lights

Ah, someone on a gaming forum used that as an excuse for trolling. He trolled everyone, though.
Thats an interesting excuse for trolling. What forum was this, and what sort of gaming do you do on it?

NOt telling ;) and I like nintendo and a few computer based games.

why are you such a fucking bitch to me...when I never did anything to warrant it?

Because you called me a try hard. I was rather like a slap in the face to be honest.

huh. it was my opinion based on a thread you started. if you are that sensitive, maybe you need to take a walk, or something...instead of stalking my ass around just to be a fucking bitch.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #543 on: August 01, 2007, 07:42:09 AM »

Why do you refer to yourself as the "uppity cunt"? I assume it has nothing to do with fluorescent lights

Ah, someone on a gaming forum used that as an excuse for trolling. He trolled everyone, though.
Thats an interesting excuse for trolling. What forum was this, and what sort of gaming do you do on it?

why are you such a fucking bitch to me...when I never did anything to warrant it?

Because you called me a try hard. I was rather like a slap in the face to be honest.
Lol, another computer game fan then. Any particular nintendo stuff you like?

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #544 on: August 01, 2007, 07:45:11 AM »

huh. it was my opinion based on a thread you started. if you are that sensitive, maybe you need to take a walk, or something...instead of stalking my ass around just to be a fucking bitch.

I'm not going to get into this argument again, I apologised, and that is the most I can do here, apart from trying to think before I post, which I am doing.  Everything is an opinion, by the way, I could say that mine was too. That doesn't make it non insulting, as you probably know all too well.

You say i'm senistive? Well people have different soft spots when it comes to different things.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:06:26 AM by fatty mcblob »

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #545 on: August 01, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »

Yep, I love Rareware! I was really sad when they got sold to microsoft. But i'm a big fan of mario and zelda ^_^

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #546 on: August 01, 2007, 07:48:50 AM »

Yep, I love Rareware! I was really sad when they got sold to microsoft. But i'm a big fan of mario and zelda ^_^
Hmm, mario and zelda were never my cup of tea, i always had sonys although i have played a bit of them now on an N64 emulator, mario kart is great. Before the Sony stuff I had segas, so became a good fan of Sonic. Did you play the final fantasy series? Or the elder scrolls one?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #547 on: August 01, 2007, 07:50:48 AM »
Fan of what Rare games specifically?   The Conker remake they did for Xbox wasn't half bad.   Rare though hasn't been completely what they used to be in my opinion as of late.   Nintendo was a huge part of my childhood.   I have a DS but I haven't bought a Wii yet.   My friend James has one though, it is pretty fun.   I have TTP on GC, the Wii version is weird in that he is right handed and everything is a mirror.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #548 on: August 01, 2007, 08:08:02 AM »

Hmm, mario and zelda were never my cup of tea, i always had sonys although i have played a bit of them now on an N64 emulator, mario kart is great. Before the Sony stuff I had segas, so became a good fan of Sonic. Did you play the final fantasy series? Or the elder scrolls one?

No, i've never played any of the FF games. Are they good?

Fan of what Rare games specifically?   The Conker remake they did for Xbox wasn't half bad.   Rare though hasn't been completely what they used to be in my opinion as of late.   Nintendo was a huge part of my childhood.   I have a DS but I haven't bought a Wii yet.   My friend James has one though, it is pretty fun.   I have TTP on GC, the Wii version is weird in that he is right handed and everything is a mirror.

Banjo kazooie/tooie, diddy kong racing, donkey kong 64, Conker's bad fur day and related games. I have the TP for GC too. I don't like the wii much.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #549 on: August 01, 2007, 08:22:57 AM »
<-- has played all the FF games.   4, 6, and 7 are worthwhile to most.   9, 10 and 12 are tolerable to me.   I despise 8 in a way and 1 and 2 basically have crap for story but were innovative.   FF3 I have for DS and it is pretty good but unforgiving.    5 looks pretty good and has plenty of jobs within the game system to keep someone occupied.   11 is online only and I have spent the most time on it of all (easily 4,000+ hours).

The Wii feels too much like a gimmick for me to buy it really.   Kameo wasn't bad and PDZ was ok.   Donkey Kong 64 was great, I didn't play much of Diddy Kong Racing though.   I love Mario Kart for SNES and 64, I need to get the DS version actually for Wifi (I know several FFXI people who play it regularly).   Rare has made some great platformers in their day.   Their SNES games were great too, but that is my favourite era of gaming so I am biased.  Getting 200+ hit combos in KI was fun back in the day.  They need to be damned for making Battletoads for NES though, that game was so damn difficult lol. 

willow

« Reply #550 on: August 01, 2007, 08:24:51 AM »

I'm not going to get into this argument again, I apologised, and that is the most I can do here, apart from trying to think before I post, which I am doing.  Everything is an opinion, by the way, I could say that mine was too. That doesn't make it non insulting, as you probably know all too well.

You say i'm senistive? Well people have different soft spots when it comes to different things.

you apologized? wow. that is a shocker.

in that case, I forgive you for being such an asshole..both here and on other boards.

The_P

« Reply #551 on: August 01, 2007, 08:27:22 AM »

Depends if you class menu-based battle systems for gameplay as fun games or not.

FF1 isn't too bad. Plot's pretty basic, though. The game uses a turn-based system. Meaning that you have loads of time to plan your actions out before the enemies attack you.
FF2 is considered to be the black sheep of the series. While it is the first in the series for characters to have their own identities and personalities, the leveling up system is not something to be desired. Avoid it, if thou lack patience.
FF3 has a job system. You bestow different fighting classes to your characters.
FF4 is the first game in the series to have the active time battle system (ATB). The enemies still hit you while you're busy trying to figure out what to do next.
FF5 is basically a combination of FF3's Job system and FF4's ATB system.
FF6 is the last major 2D FF game to date. You have more characters than the standard four, which gives you the opportunity to split them into groups depending on where you are in the game.
FF7 is for the mainstream gamers. Overrated trash.
FF8 and onwards are overrated.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:46:53 AM by Peatoise »

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #552 on: August 01, 2007, 10:19:10 AM »

Depends if you class menu-based battle systems for gameplay as fun games or not.

FF1 isn't too bad. Plot's pretty basic, though. The game uses a turn-based system. Meaning that you have loads of time to plan your actions out before the enemies attack you.
FF2 is considered to be the black sheep of the series. While it is the first in the series for characters to have their own identities and personalities, the leveling up system is not something to be desired. Avoid it, if thou lack patience.
FF3 has a job system. You bestow different fighting classes to your characters.
FF4 is the first game in the series to have the active time battle system (ATB). The enemies still hit you while you're busy trying to figure out what to do next.
FF5 is basically a combination of FF3's Job system and FF4's ATB system.
FF6 is the last major 2D FF game to date. You have more characters than the standard four, which gives you the opportunity to split them into groups depending on where you are in the game.
FF7 is for the mainstream gamers. Overrated trash.
FF8 and onwards are overrated.
FF8 is pretty good, I am replaying that one now. FF7, i agree is over rated but is a damn good game when you get into it. Though recently FF has gone to seed a little, though I still enjoy the new ones. Oh Mcblob, if you want to try them get an emulator for them, i have some of them if you want them.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #553 on: August 01, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »
ZSNES is all you need.   Just play FF4 and FF6 imo.   I have PSX emulator with ISOs of 7-9 and I have played those through as well.    Hadron you actually liked the draw system of 8?   Materia in 7 was more tolerable to me.   Whatever, none of it was as good as 4 and 6, Cecil and Kain forever bitches (Terra and Locke were cool as well).   Kefka was the best villian of all the FF games.   Sephiroth was an annoying pretty boy.   Squall, Cloud and Tidus are all annoying emoboys.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #554 on: August 01, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »
ZSNES is all you need.   Just play FF4 and FF6 imo.   I have PSX emulator with ISOs of 7-9 and I have played those through as well.    Hadron you actually liked the draw system of 8?   Materia in 7 was more tolerable to me.   Whatever, none of it was as good as 4 and 6, Cecil and Kain forever bitches (Terra and Locke were cool as well).   Kefka was the best villian of all the FF games.   Sephiroth was an annoying pretty boy.   Squall, Cloud and Tidus are all annoying emoboys.
I liked the junction system alot, and normally I just refine magic out of items and cards anyway. Whats special about 8 is you dont need to level up, the difficultly remains the same regardless of level. You need a GBA emulator and roms for the FF games that only got released in japan, unless you want a buggy translated NES rom. I would agree with you on the emoboys thing, especially Tidus's voice.