Educational

Author Topic: I need feminism/the men's coalition because I am a fucking coward.  (Read 6090 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I need feminism/the men's coalition because I am a fucking coward.
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2013, 07:27:13 PM »
I'll throw in a devil's advocate comment re: pay gap:  Some of it genuinely is due to the different kinds of choices women vs. men make in kinds of professions and prioritization of work/life balance.  How much of it, though, is debatable.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2013, 07:28:57 PM »
Explain? I thought the gap was due to the general lack of certainty that a woman won't quit mid career to start get a family started?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Scrapheap

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »
I'll throw in a devil's advocate comment re: pay gap:  Some of it genuinely is due to the different kinds of choices women vs. men make in kinds of professions and prioritization of work/life balance.  How much of it, though, is debatable.

That's more than a devils advocate argument.

Lots of truth to it.  8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2013, 07:51:31 PM »
I'm not a capitalist.  I don think that some jobs should pay more than others.  But if some should, then I think teachers and nurses should make more.
Misunderstood.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »
I'm not a capitalist.  I don think that some jobs should pay more than others.  But if some should, then I think teachers and nurses should make more.
Nurses actually make pretty good money.  The problem with teachers is there isn't a good metric to determine the good ones from the bad ones.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2013, 02:44:21 PM »

Absolutely. And some of those choices really aren't choices.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »

I will tell you that Maternal leave compared to Paternal leave is far from equal. In my days Paternal leave was not around at all. Would have loved some decent time off work to be with my babies
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2013, 05:20:15 PM »
I was allowed 6 weeks paternal leave when my son was born.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2013, 06:33:14 PM »
I was allowed 6 weeks paternal leave when my son was born.

I had a couple of days leave I think (out of annual leave) things have changed in 16 years but not really ballpark
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2013, 02:54:45 AM »

I will tell you that Maternal leave compared to Paternal leave is far from equal. In my days Paternal leave was not around at all. Would have loved some decent time off work to be with my babies

I had a few days off when they were born but nothing like the weeks or even months dads are allowed these days. I had my own company and leave wasn't an option. I would have liked to.

Of course, that part is not a choice for the mother, either. My point when writing the above post that it's just about when their equal pay starts to suffer and the gap starts to show. It is quite common among companies here to "forget" or minimise a raise while the women are on maternal leave.  The unions try to monitor such occurrences but it is notoriously difficult to do.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »

I had a few days off when they were born but nothing like the weeks or even months dads are allowed these days. I had my own company and leave wasn't an option. I would have liked to.

Of course, that part is not a choice for the mother, either. My point when writing the above post that it's just about when their equal pay starts to suffer and the gap starts to show. It is quite common among companies here to "forget" or minimise a raise while the women are on maternal leave.  The unions try to monitor such occurrences but it is notoriously difficult to do.

So in some instances women are illegally screwed over by the company and can be found liable if breach is shown, in respect to pay
In all instances men get less paid paternity leave than women get maternity leave, to look after their kids?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »

So in some instances women are illegally screwed over by the company and can be found liable if breach is shown, in respect to pay
In all instances men get less paid paternity leave than women get maternity leave, to look after their kids?

Yes, they've been illegally screwed over by their employers and are liable. I think there is talk of even forcing a 50/50 share but I don't know if it will happen or not. There have been a few cases in the news lately, that's all.

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2013, 06:07:38 PM »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2013, 06:38:11 PM »
If these people really cared about human rights, they would not fight for special intrests within they own retarded demographic. That in itself is SEXIST. Human rights are for all humans, not just females or males. Human equality means human equality. Grow some courage and fight for the shit that really matters, feminists. The fact that the organizations "feminism" and "men's coalition" and whatever the hell else exist, is absolutely selfish and pathetic. Get on my level, and start caring about everyone equally. But not so much that you coddle others as if they're porcelain dolls and make them massive babies.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore