Author Topic: assault weapon ban  (Read 7858 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: assault weapon ban
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2013, 07:23:21 AM »
Kinda like we need a scapegoat (someone to blame), so we don't have to take personal responsibility for our own life's choices.
A moral high ground. :hahaha:
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »
I don't think they like it, considering how much they bitch about the politicians and officials. They are only too stupid to understand that it is their own fault that someone else tells them what to do.

But I do think they like it. Deep inside they do. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages. It's why you will happily accept the money from the state.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: June 07, 2013, 01:22:47 PM »
I don't think they like it, considering how much they bitch about the politicians and officials. They are only too stupid to understand that it is their own fault that someone else tells them what to do.

But I do think they like it. Deep inside they do. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages. It's why you will happily accept the money from the state.

And why I DON'T.  8)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »

And why I DON'T.  8)

Most people would. It is why the system works.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »
Yes. They do. This entire problem is their fault, too. It may not have been in the past, but in modern times, all these ridiculous bans and proposals for retarded emotional decisions are approved by the vote of these exact kind of moron.

I hate them, so goddamn much.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2013, 01:06:27 AM »
It is only a problem if you perceive it as such. And most people don't.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »

I personally actually don't happily accept it. It is just incredibly much easier than trying to survive on a job that is way below my potential, which is the situation I would end up in without my disability.

The difference between me and "average" peope is that they were happy with this to start with.

TheoK

« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2013, 01:15:56 AM »

Some stalker threatens you and your family. You know that he is dangerous, but the cops say that they don't have the legal means to arrest him. You want a gun to defend your family, but you won't get any, because self-defense isn't a "valid reason" to get a license here. If you manage to get an illegal gun and you use it, you are more likely to get a harder punishment than the stalker will get. How is that not a problem?

Or the state surveilling your private communications without you not even being a suspect. Doesn't that bother you?

Or the state denying you some medication you need, not for an objective reason, but because they have "decided" that it is against their policy to allow the use of this substance.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:18:42 AM by Lit »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2013, 01:17:18 AM »

I personally actually don't happily accept it. It is just incredibly much easier than trying to survive on a job that is way below my potential, which is the situation I would end up in without my disability.

The difference between me and "average" peope is that they were happy with this to start with.

Same thing, really. You accept it, you are part of the system.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2013, 01:20:37 AM »

Some stalker threatens you and your family. You know that he is dangerous, but the cops say that they don't have the legal means to arrest him. You want a gun to defend your family, but you won't get any, because self-defense isn't a reason to get a license here. How is that not a problem?

Or the state surveilling your private communications without you not even being a suspect. Doesn't that bother you?

Read my reply. Most people won't see any of this as a problem. The system works.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2013, 01:20:59 AM »
Same thing, really. You accept it, you are part of the system.

I'm glad that I don't contribute, though  :eyelash:

TheoK

« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2013, 01:22:19 AM »
Read my reply. Most people won't see any of this as a problem. The system works.

No no, are you personally satisfied with this? Remember that you couldn't even get melatonin legally due to the incredibly stupid legislation here.

TheoK

« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2013, 02:17:02 AM »
Amateur psychology: you are not satisfied with this system either, but you are obsessed with stability, which you like to talk yourself into that this system provides. Am I not right?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2013, 06:50:51 AM »
Odeon is uncomfortable with change.  That is his preference.  He should be free to pursue an un changeable life.
Misunderstood.

TheoK

« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2013, 07:03:21 AM »
 :agreed: