Educational

Author Topic: assault weapon ban  (Read 7721 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: assault weapon ban
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »
Her intestines are probably in a poor shape now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »
So last year I got a 20 round magazine  for an M16 in a box of military collectibles from the Vietnam war and I sold it,  as of yesterday in my state that would be illegal am I the hardened criminal or spree shooter they are trying to stop? 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »
So last year I got a 20 round magazine  for an M16 in a box of military collectibles from the Vietnam war and I sold it,  as of yesterday in my state that would be illegal am I the hardened criminal or spree shooter they are trying to stop?

Nope.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »

Nope.

I could still go to jail for it though I am sure it would be a  felony also.  I am also sure after seeing it that I could make one that while it  would not be pretty it would work fine, it was a rather simple devise
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2013, 01:26:56 AM »
TA, I can sadly inform you that even those who do own guns in Europe are usually in favour of the gunlaws here.

A better argument from you would have been: "If you live in a country with draconic gun laws, your opinion isn't as valid, because you are likely to be brainwashed".

I have met one guy who owns many guns legally and is against the gunlaw. He would never vent that at the shooting club, though. If you vent such an opinion at a shooting club here when you apply for a membership, they will reject you. I even know one ex army guy who had been a platoon leader in the Swedish army but was known for his pro-gun opinions, so that he was denied membership in a shooting club in Uppsala  :facepalm2:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2013, 08:11:07 AM »
no.
Because you wouldn't have sold it if it were against the law.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »
What kind of gun and ammo should I use to be able to insert the barrel into someone's anus and shoot off a couple of rounds without leaving any external wounds. I'm thinking a shotgun with rock salt rounds. I'd use a single barrel model well greased to prevent anal bruising.

Actually rock salt would still leave external wounds. You'd have to go with a bb gun or something man. Either that or use your penis.

Sadly my penis tends to leave external wounds.

Ahh a barbed peen eh? Whend'd you escape hell?

Actually if I am careful and aim right I can get away without leaving external wounds. Pic relevant.

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2013, 07:25:58 PM »
TA, I can sadly inform you that even those who do own guns in Europe are usually in favour of the gunlaws here.

A better argument from you would have been: "If you live in a country with draconic gun laws, your opinion isn't as valid, because you are likely to be brainwashed".

I have met one guy who owns many guns legally and is against the gunlaw. He would never vent that at the shooting club, though. If you vent such an opinion at a shooting club here when you apply for a membership, they will reject you. I even know one ex army guy who had been a platoon leader in the Swedish army but was known for his pro-gun opinions, so that he was denied membership in a shooting club in Uppsala  :facepalm2:

That would have been a better argument, yes. It seems the ruling class in Europe has successfully placated the citizenry so they can fuck you in the ass at will with laws that would make Orwell blush. Of course, that is just an outsiders prospective, I could be wrong.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

TheoK

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2013, 12:34:07 AM »
That would have been a better argument, yes. It seems the ruling class in Europe has successfully placated the citizenry so they can fuck you in the ass at will with laws that would make Orwell blush. Of course, that is just an outsiders prospective, I could be wrong.

Except for the gun laws, I think most things are better (or rather less bad) in Europe. What I don't get is that most people here don't realize that gun laws have no other purpose than to protect the powers-that-be from the the people and that people accept to be defenseless against both power-abusing authorities as well as "ordinary" criminals.

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2013, 04:24:22 AM »

Except for the gun laws, I think most things are better (or rather less bad) in Europe. What I don't get is that most people here don't realize that gun laws have no other purpose than to protect the powers-that-be from the the people and that people accept to be defenseless against both power-abusing authorities as well as "ordinary" criminals.

Finally someone else sees what I see, protecting the powers-that-be from the common man has been the purpose of every weapon control law EVER.

TheoK

« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2013, 06:43:55 AM »
It's so obvious that you must want to be fooled not to realize it.

In Rome 2000 years ago only the Pretorian guard was allowed to carry weapons.

In Japan 400 years ago they took the swords from the peasants and even openly declared that it was to protect the tax officials from getting attacked by the people.

In Nazi Germany they banned gun ownership, including sharp knives, for Jews.

In Sweden the first gun law came in 1926. It was a liberal-conservative government who wanted to prevent the masses of the people from arming themselves legally. This is very obvious since also rifles were included and land ownership in the countryside was required to get a license. Then the license itself was just a formality. Of course working class people back then didn't own any summer houses.

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »
I'd like to shoot off a paedo's Dick and nuts with a shotgun.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2013, 11:33:51 PM »

Finally someone else sees what I see, protecting the powers-that-be from the common man has been the purpose of every weapon control law EVER.

Protecting the common man, too. There are all kinds.

I am fascinated by the 'merican fixation on guns, I must say. In their minds, guns are still so tightly connected with the sense of personal freedom that they miss the more blatant violations from their government.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2013, 01:25:08 AM »

I am fascinated by the 'merican fixation on guns, I must say. In their minds, guns are still so tightly connected with the sense of personal freedom that they miss the more blatant violations from their government.

This I can agree with. They have plenty of guns and easy access to them, but their government is as oppressive as any European government or worse.

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2013, 03:58:28 AM »

It is not ignored as much as you would think, both major political divisions make noise on just about everything. Guns have just been at the forefront since some angsty git went insane and killed 27 people.

However, said political divisions are utterly ignorant. For Example, the Bush Administration started all of this Surveillance State and Drone Strike bullshit after 9/11,  and the left made noise. Now that the Obama Administration is doing the EXACT SAME THING, the left is defending him while the right is screaming. It's just a huge clusterfuck.

Personally, I only argue with the left on gun control and affirmative action, but I argue with the right on just about everything, mainly forcing their religion down my throat and shameless greed.