Educational

Author Topic: assault weapon ban  (Read 7716 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: assault weapon ban
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2013, 03:03:26 AM »
It would be irrational to blame an inanimate object, of course. But in my example, it would be reasonable to blame the loophole in the law and try to make sure it couldn't happen again.

I mean, let's face it. Why else are there licenses to carry a gun if not to make sure that the people that do are reasonably balanced individuals and of age?

The carry license issue(mainly a US issue), some like it, some don't.

The fact of the matter is, if you cannot be responsible enough to carry a loaded weapon, then why the hell should you own one?

Huh?

"Responsible enough" in this case implies actual insight into their own good selves. Lots of people lack that wholly or in part and own all kinds of things, including guns. Only very rarely do people admit that they aren't responsible enough but never if they lack the insight.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2013, 04:28:27 AM »
It would be irrational to blame an inanimate object, of course. But in my example, it would be reasonable to blame the loophole in the law and try to make sure it couldn't happen again.

I mean, let's face it. Why else are there licenses to carry a gun if not to make sure that the people that do are reasonably balanced individuals and of age?

The carry license issue(mainly a US issue), some like it, some don't.

The fact of the matter is, if you cannot be responsible enough to carry a loaded weapon, then why the hell should you own one?

Huh?

"Responsible enough" in this case implies actual insight into their own good selves. Lots of people lack that wholly or in part and own all kinds of things, including guns. Only very rarely do people admit that they aren't responsible enough but never if they lack the insight.

To clarify, people like this fucktard are irresponsible:

The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2013, 08:23:11 AM »
You do not need a license/permit to carry to purchase a gun...maybe in some states, but not here.

Here we have a 48 hr waiting period, whether it's by a private seller or dealer...while the application for purchase with the buyer's & seller's info is sent to the local and state police. The seller is also required to keep a record of the purchase on file for 6 years.

I still believe if a person is going to kill someone they will find a way regardless of the methods available. We just had a nutjob stab someone and run into Target when they chased him...he grabbed a 16 yr old girl standing at the checkout and started using her as a shield, stabbing her 3 times puncturing one lung. We could argue the variables until hell freezes over...if he used a gun or a bomb he could have killed more people...or if someone had a gun they could have shot his stupid ass in the leg before he ran into the Target and grabbed the girl and wounded 4 others...or maybe he could have tripped in one of Pittsburgh's massive potholes and fell on the knife while running to Target. You can rewrite the script a thousand times, it may or may not change the outcome.

As for being "responsible enough" I don't think there is any fool proof method of ever determining that, I know people who aren't "responsible enough" to breed, but they have.  :zombiefuck:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »
Which is more or less what I'd expect a gun lobbyist to say, and it's fine. It's a reasonable answer. But it only works if you respect her opinion.

See, the mum's opinion does count. She will most likely oppose guns any way she can, given the circumstances, but her opinion matters. It is only when we accept that there are opposing viewpoints, when we learn to listen to them and learn from them, that we can actually turn the situation into something constructive and lasting.

And maybe, just maybe, prevent another tragedy.

I'm not saying her opinion doesn't count, but she has no right to take the feedom of everyone else away because she had a bad experience or doesn't like something.

Freedom is only freedom when tyrants can't infringe on the freedom of the majority.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2013, 02:14:18 PM »
Which is more or less what I'd expect a gun lobbyist to say, and it's fine. It's a reasonable answer. But it only works if you respect her opinion.

See, the mum's opinion does count. She will most likely oppose guns any way she can, given the circumstances, but her opinion matters. It is only when we accept that there are opposing viewpoints, when we learn to listen to them and learn from them, that we can actually turn the situation into something constructive and lasting.

I'm not saying her opinion doesn't count, but she has no right to take the feedom of everyone else away because she had a bad experience or doesn't like something.

Freedom is only freedom when tyrants can't infringe on the freedom of the majority.

So tell me, why can't North Korea not have nukes when all the col kids have them?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2013, 02:19:38 AM »
You do not need a license/permit to carry to purchase a gun...maybe in some states, but not here.

Here we have a 48 hr waiting period, whether it's by a private seller or dealer...while the application for purchase with the buyer's & seller's info is sent to the local and state police. The seller is also required to keep a record of the purchase on file for 6 years.

I still believe if a person is going to kill someone they will find a way regardless of the methods available. We just had a nutjob stab someone and run into Target when they chased him...he grabbed a 16 yr old girl standing at the checkout and started using her as a shield, stabbing her 3 times puncturing one lung. We could argue the variables until hell freezes over...if he used a gun or a bomb he could have killed more people...or if someone had a gun they could have shot his stupid ass in the leg before he ran into the Target and grabbed the girl and wounded 4 others...or maybe he could have tripped in one of Pittsburgh's massive potholes and fell on the knife while running to Target. You can rewrite the script a thousand times, it may or may not change the outcome.

As for being "responsible enough" I don't think there is any fool proof method of ever determining that, I know people who aren't "responsible enough" to breed, but they have.  :zombiefuck:

which target was this?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2013, 08:01:06 AM »
Bump
Misunderstood.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2013, 08:14:52 AM »

which target was this?

Up in East Liberty.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2013, 10:16:53 AM »

So tell me, why can't North Korea not have nukes when all the col kids have them?

I'm not against it actually. I wish they WOULD have nukes so they'd use them and all get killed.

Like the guy who owns a gun and breaks the law with it is punished, so korea should have the chance to be punished for being a cunt. I believe in freedom.
I will never stop...

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
Georgia town mandates gun ownership

Nelson, a small Georgia city north of Atlanta, is requiring the head of virtually every household to own a firearm, the city's clerk told CNN Tuesday.

The community's five-member council voted unanimously to approve the measure Monday night.

The proposal was modeled on a similar law in nearby Kennesaw, a measure that has been on the books since 1982. Nelson, which numbers around 1,300 people, is the second city in the state to mandate gun ownership.

"In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore," the ordinance said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/02/us/georgia-gun-requirement/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Offline El-Presidente

• Caliph of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Postwhore
  • I love kitties! Fluffy kitties are nice!!
    • ASD Community
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2013, 01:22:39 PM »
What kind of gun and ammo should I use to be able to insert the barrel into someone's anus and shoot off a couple of rounds without leaving any external wounds. I'm thinking a shotgun with rock salt rounds. I'd use a single barrel model well greased to prevent anal bruising.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2013, 01:29:05 PM »
What kind of gun and ammo should I use to be able to insert the barrel into someone's anus and shoot off a couple of rounds without leaving any external wounds. I'm thinking a shotgun with rock salt rounds. I'd use a single barrel model well greased to prevent anal bruising.

Actually rock salt would still leave external wounds. You'd have to go with a bb gun or something man. Either that or use your penis.
I will never stop...

Offline El-Presidente

• Modulator
  • Postwhore
    • ASD Community
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2013, 09:53:58 AM »

Actually rock salt would still leave external wounds. You'd have to go with a bb gun or something man. Either that or use your penis.

Sadly my penis tends to leave external wounds.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2013, 09:57:56 AM »

Ahh a barbed peen eh? Whend'd you escape hell?
I will never stop...

Offline El-Presidente

• Modulator
  • Postwhore
    • ASD Community
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »

Ahh a barbed peen eh? Whend'd you escape hell?

Actually if I am careful and aim right I can get away without leaving external wounds. Pic relevant.