Educational

Author Topic: assault weapon ban  (Read 7802 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: assault weapon ban
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2013, 01:21:54 PM »
Time to pull the trump card in this debate.

Pretty much. Problem is, it ain't limited to what's currently legal either.

Elaborate please. I'm not really sure what you're saying. Gun control isn't currently limited? Or what?

Just because you're a 'lazy fuck' doesn't mean I can't be one.

Think.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2013, 05:35:15 PM »
I did. It seems to be an incomplete thought or sentence. Ohhh I see. That much be what all the cool people are doing nowadays. Posting obscure, half thought out crap to see if people will respond to it. And I did. Good trollin.

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Dunno 'bout 'cool'. I just don't feel it's worth burdening everyone (especially me)
with the full Calandale treatment over something unimportant.

Cool picture though.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2013, 06:41:16 PM »
Yeah ok man. :zoinks:
I will never stop...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2013, 12:07:13 AM »
You are trying to spin my words to your advantage. Again, the other issues are not the issues at hand. Maybe you missed the part where I said that I consider the opinions of anti-gun Americans valid.

I did see that, but you also said this:

If you have never fired a gun, your opinion on them is invalid.

So does this mean that only those anti-gun Americans that have fired a gun can have valid opinions about them? Or is it that only Americans can have valid opinions about them?

Your views about whose opinions are valid depending on what we happen to be discussing should certainly be of interest here. You may not want to go there, considering that it's your credibility on the line here, but that's not really my problem, is it?

And now that I think of it, what powers do those who have fired a gun gain by pulling the trigger? What does it change?

:popcorn:

I read back to the beginning of the thread, that was more of  troll response to a troll.

Anywho, you live in a very anti-gun part of the World, therefore you are taught that guns are evil machines of death when in actuality, they are inanimate objects that happen to be the mechanism of a controlled explosion that releases a metallic projectile and nothing more. Those that have fired a weapon know that, and those that have not only know what they have been told.

Seriously? This is your argument?

Do you have anything whatsoever to back this up with other than your preconceived notions about what we must have been taught in this godforsaken part of the world?

Firing a gun didn't change a thing for me, you know, beyond a realisation that the kick was different from what I thought and that target shooting with a pistol is more fun I imagined it would be. See, believe it or not, us backwater folks are perfectly capable of understanding that guns are inanimate objects. We know that guns do not kill on their own, nor do they magically take over their owners and make them commit horrible deeds.

I also know that toys do not come to life when I sleep and that there are no monsters under the bed (not that I'd ever stick my head down there).

Now, let's get back to what one needs to have tried to be allowed an opinion, according to you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2013, 12:09:42 AM »
I do tend to be pro control and will readily agree that Michael Moore did more to convince me than did Charlton Heston,

Did Michael Moore also influence your opinion on 9/11??

chogh, cough...   the guy is a hack and a liar.

9/11 itself or George W? He did little to change my views re the former and merely confirmed what I already thought of the latter. It was a good film but didn't have the power of Bowling for Columbine.

Want to share with the class what you think he lied about and where?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2013, 01:11:11 AM »
You are trying to spin my words to your advantage. Again, the other issues are not the issues at hand. Maybe you missed the part where I said that I consider the opinions of anti-gun Americans valid.

I did see that, but you also said this:

If you have never fired a gun, your opinion on them is invalid.

So does this mean that only those anti-gun Americans that have fired a gun can have valid opinions about them? Or is it that only Americans can have valid opinions about them?

Your views about whose opinions are valid depending on what we happen to be discussing should certainly be of interest here. You may not want to go there, considering that it's your credibility on the line here, but that's not really my problem, is it?

And now that I think of it, what powers do those who have fired a gun gain by pulling the trigger? What does it change?

:popcorn:

I read back to the beginning of the thread, that was more of  troll response to a troll.

Anywho, you live in a very anti-gun part of the World, therefore you are taught that guns are evil machines of death when in actuality, they are inanimate objects that happen to be the mechanism of a controlled explosion that releases a metallic projectile and nothing more. Those that have fired a weapon know that, and those that have not only know what they have been told.

Seriously? This is your argument?

Do you have anything whatsoever to back this up with other than your preconceived notions about what we must have been taught in this godforsaken part of the world?

Firing a gun didn't change a thing for me, you know, beyond a realisation that the kick was different from what I thought and that target shooting with a pistol is more fun I imagined it would be. See, believe it or not, us backwater folks are perfectly capable of understanding that guns are inanimate objects. We know that guns do not kill on their own, nor do they magically take over their owners and make them commit horrible deeds.

I also know that toys do not come to life when I sleep and that there are no monsters under the bed (not that I'd ever stick my head down there).

Now, let's get back to what one needs to have tried to be allowed an opinion, according to you.

Again, your opinion is colored by your culture, therefore it is biased towards the "guns are evil machines of death" position.

Did I accuse mainland Europe of being backwoods, no. In most instances, it collectively has a better quality of life than the US. However, the draconian gun control laws in Europe color the opinions of the citizens.

Also, the other issues you bought up are irrelevant in a thread regarding gun control.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2013, 05:01:33 AM »
Just for the sake of discussion, did Adam Lanza have a right to own a gun even if we didn't know he was insane enough to shoot children to death?

Should there be stricter regulations concerning gun ownership?

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2013, 05:02:58 AM »
Guns are objects and have no morals, so they're not evil, but this doesn't change the fact that guns make it easy for crazy and dangerous people to kill others.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »
Just for the sake of discussion, did Adam Lanza have a right to own a gun even if we didn't know he was insane enough to shoot children to death?

Rights are irrelevant now.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:56 AM »

Rights are irrelevant now.

Well maybe not yet, but things are being steered towards that path. Yes.
I will never stop...

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
No 'steered'. this is technology.

Scrapheap

« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2013, 11:30:44 AM »
I do tend to be pro control and will readily agree that Michael Moore did more to convince me than did Charlton Heston,

Did Michael Moore also influence your opinion on 9/11??

chogh, cough...   the guy is a hack and a liar.

9/11 itself or George W? He did little to change my views re the former and merely confirmed what I already thought of the latter. It was a good film but didn't have the power of Bowling for Columbine.

Had power in the same sense that Triumph of the Will had power??

and yes, the comparison is fair, they're both propoganda films.

Want to share with the class what you think he lied about and where?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_9/11_controversy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling_for_Columbine#Criticisms

It's been years since I've seen Bowling for Columbine and after that steaming pile of shit I couldn't be arsed into watching anything he directed. I'd have to endure the torture of watching it again to pick it apart, point by point.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »
No 'steered'. this is technology.

I strongly disagree, but alright.
I will never stop...

Scrapheap

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »

IIRC, he was already diagnosed with mental issues and wouldn't have been allowed to buy a gun, that's why he stole his moms guns.