Author Topic: assault weapon ban  (Read 7733 times)

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
Re: assault weapon ban
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2013, 02:05:44 AM »
In other words, you not only want to rig the vote in favour of what you support, you also think it's perfectly legit.

You are putting words in my mouth.

There are plenty of anti-gun individuals in pro-gun cultures.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2013, 02:08:24 AM »
Am I?

A more accurate statement is that *I* don't consider the opinions of people that come from places with ludicrously draconian gun control as valid as those of people from more gun friendly places.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2013, 02:15:17 AM »
Am I?

A more accurate statement is that *I* don't consider the opinions of people that come from places with ludicrously draconian gun control as valid as those of people from more gun friendly places.

Did I say anything about rigging a vote, no, I only stated who's opinions I consider valid.

There are plenty of anti-gun individuals in the US who's opinions I consider valid.

It is common sense that if you live in a nation with draconian gun control, that you will think guns are evil.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2013, 10:17:27 AM »
In other words, you not only want to rig the vote in favour of what you support, you also think it's perfectly legit.
Nope. I only want to vote for what I support, and I want to stop any politicians or business intrests from rigging the vote in favor of what they support. I think that's perfectly legit.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2013, 01:21:30 PM »
I just found a Romanian AK-47(full auto :headbang2:) for sale on the internets. Listing price is $1800....Should I buy it?

P7PSP

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2013, 01:29:41 PM »
I just found a Romanian AK-47(full auto :headbang2:) for sale on the internets. Listing price is $1800....Should I buy it?
Yes. The BATFE will appreciate your business.

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »

It's called the ATF over here, mate. This sort of thing is much easier to do without getting caught than you think.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2013, 02:36:20 PM »

Sounds legit.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
Am I?

Did I say anything about rigging a vote, no, I only stated who's opinions I consider valid.

There are plenty of anti-gun individuals in the US who's opinions I consider valid.

It is common sense that if you live in a nation with draconian gun control, that you will think guns are evil.

Again, this isn't about that. It's about you having some very strange views about who's allowed to have an opinion, or rather, whose opinions you consider to be valid. "Rigging the vote" is a figure of speech.

You didn't answer any of my earlier questions, btw. I'd be interested to know where you draw the line re having to try the things you want to have a say in.

Take your time. :popcorn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »
Nope. I only want to vote for what I support, and I want to stop any politicians or business intrests from rigging the vote in favor of what they support. I think that's perfectly legit.

Not the issue here, Rage.

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2013, 03:37:18 PM »
I will stick with my Romanian semi

Its legal

I would imagine you would lose the right to legally own any weapon, if you get caught with that

Dont do it

Aint worth it, just to own one

P7PSP

« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »

It's called the ATF over here, mate. This sort of thing is much easier to do without getting caught than you think.
With the creation of the Dept Of Homeland Security the ATF was transferred from Treasury to DHS and the name changed to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. http://www.atf.gov If you are stupid enough to buy something advertised as full auto from the internet without having an NFA tax stamp you may be setting yourself up for a rough ride. Ask Randy Weaver.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:07:24 PM by Cassanova Frankenstein »

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2013, 05:16:26 PM »

"Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms" would be a great name for a store. One stop shopping.

P7PSP

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »

"Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms" would be a great name for a store. One stop shopping.
:indeed: There is such a store in Fallon Nevada. I stop in there when I visit my parents in Fallon. For the last 17 years I have not used tobacco or alcohol though. 

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2013, 11:39:27 PM »
My work is here done, I got everyone all fired up.

I just have one last thing to add: