Author Topic: Dear libertarians and anarchists....  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Dear libertarians and anarchists....
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 01:38:09 PM »
Why do you have such a stick up your ass about the government being good guys?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »

Because they're intoxicated on unbridled idealism.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »
I'm so sorry. Did you have an actual point?

Still waiting.

Yes I did. And I guess I have to repeat myself A-GAINNNNN: Modern civilization, particularly infrastructure and utilities, depends on Goverment.

Yes that is true and I think most limited government types would agree with you but government has become frighteningly big with all sorts of creep regulating and trying to control all sorts of things they should stay out of, from collecting rain water to saving birds and SWAT raids over raw milk .  Government is a necessity as are taxes to take care of things such as infrastructure, national defense , education and of course civil defense.  The government should not be spending money on things like studying the effects of cocaine on the sex drives of  Japanese quail , $315 million dollar bridge to an island with a population of 50 , and 16-20 million for Indonesians to get their master's degrees
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »

Because they're intoxicated on unbridled idealism.

Wait, what? Being untoxicated on unbridled idealism is what makes the government good? Am I understanding you right?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 04:07:09 AM »
I'm so sorry. Did you have an actual point?

Still waiting.

Yes I did. And I guess I have to repeat myself A-GAINNNNN: Modern civilization, particularly infrastructure and utilities, depends on Goverment.

And so you made up stuff about teh interwebz to support this notion. Well done.

Still waiting to hear about the great declassification of 1992.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 04:13:11 AM »
40 years ago, the vast majority of people in the world did not have personal computers. The very first one was the Kenbak-1 in 1971 which was produced only for 2 years until '73 when the company went out of business. So clearly, having a WAN to connect home computers and businesses was not profitable.

Corporations exist to make a profit and they have no financial incentive to care about what people need unless they can make money doing it. That is why government funding is important, necessary, and quite frankly VITAL.

It is for example, technologically possible to create a wireless power grid. However, since anyone with the proper tools could use it free of charge it is not going to be built. The very first telecommunications satellites where launch with rockets designed and built by NASA, also a government agency. The fact that space is now being privatized doesn't imply that Space Technology could have, or would have come about entirely by means of the private sector.

Are you going to admit that you were talking out of your arse when making things up about the birth of the internet?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 09:02:17 AM »
40 years ago, the vast majority of people in the world did not have personal computers. The very first one was the Kenbak-1 in 1971 which was produced only for 2 years until '73 when the company went out of business. So clearly, having a WAN to connect home computers and businesses was not profitable.

Corporations exist to make a profit and they have no financial incentive to care about what people need unless they can make money doing it. That is why government funding is important, necessary, and quite frankly VITAL.

It is for example, technologically possible to create a wireless power grid. However, since anyone with the proper tools could use it free of charge it is not going to be built. The very first telecommunications satellites where launch with rockets designed and built by NASA, also a government agency. The fact that space is now being privatized doesn't imply that Space Technology could have, or would have come about entirely by means of the private sector.

Are you going to admit that you were talking out of your arse when making things up about the birth of the internet?

Look kid, the fact is the internet is the successor to the ARPANET(which was federally funded by the Department of Defense). I know how much you'd like to believe that this is made up but it ain't. Now in 1992, the internet was privatized and accessible to the general public.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 10:23:57 AM »

Look kid, the fact is the internet is the successor to the ARPANET(which was federally funded by the Department of Defense). I know how much you'd like to believe that this is made up but it ain't. Now in 1992, the internet was privatized and accessible to the general public.

:LMAO:

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
iWIN!  :pwned:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »
:LMAO:

You might want to look up the facts on the internet. That is, if it has been declassified in the caves where you live.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 01:25:08 PM »
And he still hasn't answered my question.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
Give him time. He isn't very bright.

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 09:00:48 PM »
And he still hasn't answered my question.

Who me? I most certainly did.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 10:18:18 PM »
The one after that. About government being idealists.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 11:59:18 PM »
And I'd still like to know more about the great declassification of 1992.

- Albert Einstein