Educational

Author Topic: Dear libertarians and anarchists....  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Dear libertarians and anarchists....
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »

The answer is brought to you by the letter G[/b]

:laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »
....A picture is worth a thousand words:

:pwned:

You're trolling of course, but i'll bite. IT appears what you're saying is that everyone has to put up with the corrupt activities of the American government, because everyone else does and the individual is no better than the masses. Right? So if Obama passed a law stating that everyone in the country had to be fucked in the ass daily, would you complain about it and try to fight it, or move to Somalia?

I'm not actually trolling. My point is that libertarians whine about the government while using services and implementations funded with TAX DOLLAR$. Like electricity and the internets among other things. And if you drive,who the fuckity fuck came up with the funds for the material and labor to build those roads? ? ? ? ? ?

The answer is brought to you by the letter G

You are talking out of your arse. Par for the course for you, I know, but the internet, for example, is funded commercially.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 02:30:49 AM »
....A picture is worth a thousand words:

:pwned:

You're trolling of course, but i'll bite. IT appears what you're saying is that everyone has to put up with the corrupt activities of the American government, because everyone else does and the individual is no better than the masses. Right? So if Obama passed a law stating that everyone in the country had to be fucked in the ass daily, would you complain about it and try to fight it, or move to Somalia?

I'm not actually trolling. My point is that libertarians whine about the government while using services and implementations funded with TAX DOLLAR$. Like electricity and the internets among other things. And if you drive,who the fuckity fuck came up with the funds for the material and labor to build those roads? ? ? ? ? ?

The answer is brought to you by the letter G

You are talking out of your arse. Par for the course for you, I know, but the internet, for example, is funded commercially.

Pretty sure that the internet was developed from the ARPAnet(in fact, the internet is the successor to the ARPAnet)which was a government funded project started in the early 1970s. The main idea was originally as a means of communicating in the aftermath of a nuclear war. TCP/IP was developed some 30 years ago and it wasn't until 1992 the the internet was declassified and made public. Thank the National Science Foundation.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »
The Internet is commercially funded and without any central governing body. The ARPANET was *one* of the predecessors, yes, and partly funded by the DoD, but also by UCLA, Stanford and two other unis. Its point was never to be the means to communicate after a nuclear war. That's just another myth and another example of your talking out of your arse. And it was actually closed down. There is a report floating around the interwebz about it.

There were a few European efforts as well, most with universities being heavily involved. And, of course, there was CERN whose scientists eventually came up with things like hypertext, the internet browser and HTML. The world wide web was born at CERN and was proposed by a British scientist, Sir Tim Berners-Lee.

TCP is about 40 years old, if memory serves. The IP address scheme that added that /IP suffix is a bit younger, I think. The Internet as a name is almost as old but gained widespread use during the 80s, especially at universities where you could access it. Then, of course, the Usenet was far more useful.

If the Internet was classified, it was the worst kept secret *ever*. But it wasn't. You don't know what you are talking about.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »
The Internet is commercially funded and without any central governing body. The ARPANET was *one* of the predecessors, yes, and partly funded by the DoD, but also by UCLA, Stanford and two other unis. Its point was never to be the means to communicate after a nuclear war. That's just another myth and another example of your talking out of your arse. And it was actually closed down. There is a report floating around the interwebz about it.

There were a few European efforts as well, most with universities being heavily involved. And, of course, there was CERN whose scientists eventually came up with things like hypertext, the internet browser and HTML. The world wide web was born at CERN and was proposed by a British scientist, Sir Tim Berners-Lee.

TCP is about 40 years old, if memory serves. The IP address scheme that added that /IP suffix is a bit younger, I think. The Internet as a name is almost as old but gained widespread use during the 80s, especially at universities where you could access it. Then, of course, the Usenet was far more useful.

If the Internet was classified, it was the worst kept secret *ever*. But it wasn't. You don't know what you are talking about.

Nice wikipedia quoting there, buggeroo.

This does not change the fact that had it not been for government funding from DARPA and the NSF, the internet wouldn't be here  Dumbass. I am well aware that it has been privatized. And now there is LambdaRail which is purely academic for the time being(just like the internet back in the 1980s) but will mos

Who the fuck other than the government is going to pay for rural highways that are often not used???

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 03:16:11 AM »

This does not change the fact that had it not been for government funding from DARPA and the NSF, the internet wouldn't be here  Dumbass. I am well aware that it has been privatized. And now there is LambdaRail which is purely academic for the time being(just like the internet back in the 1980s) but will mos

Who the fuck other than the government is going to pay for rural highways that are often not used???

It wasn't Wikipedia quoting, dear. It just so happens that I work in this particular field and know a lot about our history. History is important.

I notice you thought it best to comment further on your numerous foot-in-mouth moments. Lucky for you I'm here, then, don't you think? Why not tell us more about that declassification in 1992? Or perhaps the interwebz legend you bought into when believing the nuclear war rumours?

The internet, btw, was not in academia only in the 80s. Perhaps I'd better make this explicit to you: http://public.web.cern.ch/public/

Tbh, I don't give a shit about your rural highways. I don't use them and don't care. Rant all you want about them. Should you produce further falsifications about matters that concern me I shall be forced to react again.

:-*

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 09:24:38 AM »

It wasn't Wikipedia quoting, dear. It just so happens that I work in this particular field and know a lot about our history. History is important.

I notice you thought it best to comment further on your numerous foot-in-mouth moments. Lucky for you I'm here, then, don't you think? Why not tell us more about that declassification in 1992? Or perhaps the interwebz legend you bought into when believing the nuclear war rumours?

The internet, btw, was not in academia only in the 80s. Perhaps I'd better make this explicit to you: http://public.web.cern.ch/public/

Tbh, I don't give a shit about your rural highways. I don't use them and don't care. Rant all you want about them. Should you produce further falsifications about matters that concern me I shall be forced to react again.

:-*

I also don't give a shit about rural highways either. But urban streets and bridges are also built and maintained with tax dollars. And my point about the internet remains: Had it not been for government funding to get the project started, it would never have been built. The fact that it is now decentralized and maintained by the private sector does not contradict this fact. It is profitable now to maintain the information infrastructure because of the fact that the internet  is used by the public for commerce. End of story.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 10:52:47 AM »
Ah so you just have a problem with people who whine about our country, but do nothing to make it a better place. I see. Carry on then, Spartan. :thumbup:

Hahahahahah! Not quite.   :mischief:

It isn't just the USofA, I have a problem with the whole entire idea and implementation of "limited government". I am however, tired of people whining about government in general as opposed to specific government policies. I hope you understand.  ;)

I do indeed. It makes me long to get my hands around their necks.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »
I also don't give a shit about rural highways either. But urban streets and bridges are also built and maintained with tax dollars. And my point about the internet remains: Had it not been for government funding to get the project started, it would never have been built. The fact that it is now decentralized and maintained by the private sector does not contradict this fact. It is profitable now to maintain the information infrastructure because of the fact that the internet  is used by the public for commerce. End of story.

But the ARPANET was not the start of the internet. Several universities preceded it and yet others were busy building networks at the same time. I suggest you to do a simple Google search to confirm this. I'm pretty sure the internet would exist without it, considering how many parallel efforts there were.

Also, I suggest you stop talking out of your arse. The above is in many ways even further from what happened and what still is happening. You ending a lie with "end of story" doesn't change anything, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Now tell me all about the big declassification of the internet in 1992. I'm all ears.

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »

But the ARPANET was not the start of the internet. Several universities preceded it and yet others were busy building networks at the same time. I suggest you to do a simple Google search to confirm this. I'm pretty sure the internet would exist without it, considering how many parallel efforts there were.

Also, I suggest you stop talking out of your arse. The above is in many ways even further from what happened and what still is happening. You ending a lie with "end of story" doesn't change anything, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Now tell me all about the big declassification of the internet in 1992. I'm all ears.

This is a birdwalk, kid. Do you have a point about the main topic here? I am aware that packet switching was developed before the ARPANET and there were already packet switching networks that preceded it. These were mainly implemented at academic institutions and it wasn't until several computer scientists approached DARPA(a federally funded think tank) that they finally got the funding to construct the ARPANET. The National Science Foundation(also a government agency provided funding and resources to complete standardize TCP/IP by the early 80s............And thus the Internet was born. My point still stands: Without the federal funding from the NSF and initially from DARPA, there would be no fucking internet!  In my country, government and the private sector have a symbiotic relationship. In fact, Uncle Sam could set up a project that would generate revenue by selling commodities or manufactured goods to foreign nations and get money from sources other than tax payers. YOU are talking out of your asshole by throwing red herrings. This isn't solely about the Internet, it's about all the things that government pays for which our lives depend on(and that are used by the private sector for commerce).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:09:48 PM by AspieRogue »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »
It's about credibility. You exposing yourself as ignorant in one topic will affect everything else you say.

And "kid"? Are you really that old?

Still waiting to hear about the great declassification of 1992.

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
It's about credibility. You exposing yourself as ignorant in one topic will affect everything else you say.

And "kid"? Are you really that old?

Still waiting to hear about the great declassification of 1992.

Regardless, you don't seem to understand the concept of consistency. None of your corrections about internet history contradict my main point nor do they discredit it.  ;)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 01:28:59 PM »
I'm so sorry. Did you have an actual point?

Still waiting.

- Albert Einstein

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »
40 years ago, the vast majority of people in the world did not have personal computers. The very first one was the Kenbak-1 in 1971 which was produced only for 2 years until '73 when the company went out of business. So clearly, having a WAN to connect home computers and businesses was not profitable.

Corporations exist to make a profit and they have no financial incentive to care about what people need unless they can make money doing it. That is why government funding is important, necessary, and quite frankly VITAL.

It is for example, technologically possible to create a wireless power grid. However, since anyone with the proper tools could use it free of charge it is not going to be built. The very first telecommunications satellites where launch with rockets designed and built by NASA, also a government agency. The fact that space is now being privatized doesn't imply that Space Technology could have, or would have come about entirely by means of the private sector.

Offline BUBBASAURUS_RAEP

• Constant Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »
I'm so sorry. Did you have an actual point?

Still waiting.

Yes I did. And I guess I have to repeat myself A-GAINNNNN: Modern civilization, particularly infrastructure and utilities, depends on Goverment.