Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 136446 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5130 on: March 02, 2009, 03:52:10 AM »
If you weren't a pacifist and weren't going by flight, I'd give you a mission. An AK-47 costs about €200 in Prague, according to a Czech guy.  :-\

I think you'd need to drive it back; I can't see an AK-47 getting through airport security.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #5131 on: March 02, 2009, 04:06:56 AM »
Yes, I said "...and weren't going by flight".

A good pistol costs about €1000 on the Swedish black market and it's very hard to find someone who is willing to sell it in the first place.

In Prague you just go to the "ghetto" and buy an AK-47 for €200.  :(

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5132 on: March 02, 2009, 05:02:17 AM »
Yes, I said "...and weren't going by flight".

Sorry; morningness.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #5133 on: March 02, 2009, 05:14:37 AM »
It's OK.  ;)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5134 on: March 02, 2009, 07:34:18 AM »
Sorry, Lit, but I don't have the time to locate one for you. I'll only be staying for three days.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #5135 on: March 02, 2009, 07:43:04 AM »
But admit that it would've been cool.  :tooledup:

P7PSP

« Reply #5136 on: March 02, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
AKs are nice weapons, but odeon is probably too long in the tooth  :orly: to adjust well to prison life.

TheoK

« Reply #5137 on: March 02, 2009, 09:26:40 AM »
Oh, you don't get a hard punishment for the mere possession of an illegal gun here - often just 6 months, of which you usually serve 4.

Though he's otherwise a law-abiding person, so you can never know. An example of just how twisted Swedish "justice" is:

A very well known neo-Nazi, in the same county as Odeon and I live, btw, did 4 months for illegal possession. He was punished several times before. An unpunished person, who forgot to renew his license for his legal weapons (must be done every 5th year in this Soviet state) got one year (which will be 8 months, if he behaves)!  ::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5138 on: March 02, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
Link?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #5139 on: March 02, 2009, 10:21:49 AM »
Klas Lund He escaped his short punishment, btw.

HD fastställer fängelsedom för vapenbrott

I'd sell this worthless shit country to Russia for 50 öre, if I got the chance. People here don't want any freedom or justice anyway, when these kinds of things are tolerated. In America, the NRA would have turned the whole nation upside down for the latter verdict. Not that it could have happened at all in America to begin with, since there aren't any communist 5 year licenses there.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:34:56 AM by TheoK »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5140 on: March 02, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »
It doesn't make much sense to develop an emotional preference to one type of weapon over the rest. I can kill a man with any of them just the same. It just takes proper use. :lol:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

P7PSP

« Reply #5141 on: March 02, 2009, 12:14:12 PM »
It doesn't make much sense to develop an emotional preference to one type of weapon over the rest. I can kill a man with any of them just the same. It just takes proper use. :lol:
On the other hand people are emotional creatures and will tend to want to practice more with a platform that they like. But it does pay to know the mechanics, quirks and field strip procedures for a variety of weapons.
I have a friend who likes the 1911 and everything else that I have offered to let him try (as far as auto pistols anyway) just doesn't "feel right" in his hand because of his bias. He has tried the HK USPs and P7PSP, Walther P5, SIG P245 and P239, Glocks and Kahr MK9 out of my collection and could not effectively use any of them to save his own life. So I think it's good to find a platform you like and master it, but have at least a working familiarity for everything you can get your hands on.

TheoK

« Reply #5142 on: March 02, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »
He's a patriot. And the 1911 is a very powerful and also good looking gun. I had an airgun that looked exactly like a 1911 .45 when I was a kid.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5143 on: March 02, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »
On the other hand people are emotional creatures and will tend to want to practice more with a platform that they like. But it does pay to know the mechanics, quirks and field strip procedures for a variety of weapons.
I have a friend who likes the 1911 and everything else that I have offered to let him try (as far as auto pistols anyway) just doesn't "feel right" in his hand because of his bias. He has tried the HK USPs and P7PSP, Walther P5, SIG P245 and P239, Glocks and Kahr MK9 out of my collection and could not effectively use any of them to save his own life. So I think it's good to find a platform you like and master it, but have at least a working familiarity for everything you can get your hands on.

Thats strange to me. Very strange. Thats like someone who "dedicates" a song to their relationship with someone. How can you develop an emotional connection with something that isn't alive?

I know humans are emotional creatures. I am one myself. But thats kind of stuff stumps me.

And its not just about any gun I can use well anyway. I can pick up just about any object and use it to kill something if I were so inclined. If i'm going to use something as a weapon, I am probably not worried about a "comfort zone" with the weapon.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?