Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135376 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5100 on: February 17, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »
Not much of anything :yawn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5101 on: February 18, 2009, 12:19:48 AM »
Went to the hospital with my wife because she had an OB appointment.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5102 on: February 18, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »
A LOT of pushups and situps. I've had feelings of anxiety and loss of control before, but its been getting a little unreasonable lately. The only way I know to vent it is through anger. So my throat is sore from roaring, and my fists are bruised from the punching bag. And i'm still not satisfied.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5103 on: February 18, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »
Spent the day in a meeting.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5104 on: February 18, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »
Experimented with some polyurethane expanding foam.  I was hoping to use it to stabilise the edges of my pond, where the soil is prone to collapsing in places when Waggy walks over it, but I think my technique needs some improvement.  I also found that the foam binds very nicely to the butyl rubber liner, so I'm going to try to seal some leaks with it, since the butyl joining tape I used before was a complete pain in the arse to apply and silicone sealant won't bind to butyl rubber.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

P7PSP

« Reply #5105 on: February 18, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
A LOT of pushups and situps. I've had feelings of anxiety and loss of control before, but its been getting a little unreasonable lately. The only way I know to vent it is through anger. So my throat is sore from roaring, and my fists are bruised from the punching bag. And i'm still not satisfied.
Alexithymia may be part of your problem set that is vexing you. Just as Aspergers/Autism is social retardation, Alexithymia is emotional retardation that is often co morbid with autism spectrum conditions. I was not able to address what you said in your Paradox thread because of how you worded it, but DirtDawg nailed it very well. The part he did not address was in your opening statement about growing. Awareness can open new possibilities for growth, but it is not, in and of itself, growth.

It's all well and fine to know how to fuck up your enemies, but unless you plan on being around psychopathic scum on a regular basis it is not a skill that most people have a regular use for. Have you ever considered what you need to learn and practice to do good? I think part of the Hippocratic Oath is first do no harm. That can be practiced by not feeling the need to respond to every real or perceived insult or slight. There are a couple of reasons for this, first off you may be wrong - there was no insult given, or it was not directed at you. Second - problems sometimes work themselves out with a little time, sometimes a person will realize they gave offense and apologize with no input from you needed. In either of these types of cases you will come off as a jackass if you make a response that is not needed or warranted. Only an idiot will go through life fighting one unnecessary  battle after another, it diverts resources that could better be used elsewhere and wrecks any credibility you have.
You will not be happy staying angry all the time. Venting, in small doses, can be good but doing it all the time is not.

TheoK

« Reply #5106 on: February 19, 2009, 05:31:16 AM »
Been brave.  8)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5107 on: February 19, 2009, 07:07:49 AM »
Set up the free Wii we got, when we bought our Plasma TV, for the kids in their room (yes its our second Wii).

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5108 on: February 19, 2009, 09:43:48 AM »
Went to the wrong appointment and wondered why nobody was home

George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5109 on: February 19, 2009, 09:46:33 AM »
Alexithymia may be part of your problem set that is vexing you. Just as Aspergers/Autism is social retardation, Alexithymia is emotional retardation that is often co morbid with autism spectrum conditions. I was not able to address what you said in your Paradox thread because of how you worded it, but DirtDawg nailed it very well. The part he did not address was in your opening statement about growing. Awareness can open new possibilities for growth, but it is not, in and of itself, growth.

It's all well and fine to know how to fuck up your enemies, but unless you plan on being around psychopathic scum on a regular basis it is not a skill that most people have a regular use for. Have you ever considered what you need to learn and practice to do good? I think part of the Hippocratic Oath is first do no harm. That can be practiced by not feeling the need to respond to every real or perceived insult or slight. There are a couple of reasons for this, first off you may be wrong - there was no insult given, or it was not directed at you. Second - problems sometimes work themselves out with a little time, sometimes a person will realize they gave offense and apologize with no input from you needed. In either of these types of cases you will come off as a jackass if you make a response that is not needed or warranted. Only an idiot will go through life fighting one unnecessary  battle after another, it diverts resources that could better be used elsewhere and wrecks any credibility you have.
You will not be happy staying angry all the time. Venting, in small doses, can be good but doing it all the time is not.

Yeah. The mental paradox i've been exeriencing lately is pretty much a way of thinking along those lines. Fucking driving me nuts. I've don't the only thing I know of when I don't know what else to do, and thats read and get on the internet. Research isn't going well. Looks like this is just one of those things life likes to throw at you. Good thing is, i've promised myself that i'll never give up again.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5110 on: February 19, 2009, 07:39:51 PM »
You said that in a couple places. What did you give up on?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5111 on: February 20, 2009, 06:31:49 AM »
Worked lots.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5112 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »
Went and measured an attic and gave a price quote answered all their questions :yawn:.  I hate selling wish I could just do the work

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5113 on: February 23, 2009, 04:38:16 AM »
Last night, I spent a couple of hours crawling around under a desk and through the eaves, tracking down and repairing a loose connection in a phone socket that was causing intermittent static on the phones and connection problems for the computers.  The phone sockets and wiring had recently been replaced, but it seems the people who did it didn't do a very good job of it.  I eventually soldered the wires into place, so that the connection would be as good as possible and because I didn't trust the little V-shaped metal clamps in the socket, which is where the problem had arisen.  It's added about 5cm to the distance the wires travel without their twisted-pair arrangement, but I don't know if that'll matter at all.  The static is gone for the moment, and I'm hoping that my torrent speeds and page loads will become more consistent now, but it's too early to draw any conclusions.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #5114 on: February 25, 2009, 10:52:58 PM »
Had a great workout, filled two pages in my sketch book of random drawings (practice makes perfect), got bubblegum and club soda from the that Asian corner store , met with my counselor (He's helping me start a gaming club and some already are interested in joining)
Not bad of a day.
Park.