Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 136599 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #4950 on: January 04, 2009, 07:19:17 PM »

Sat around in extreme pain because I'm still recovering from nearly drinking myself to death on new years.

I can't even remember that they had to call the ambulance. Fuck.

Fucking one and half bottles of vodka in a few hours, what was I thinking (okay so perhaps the thinking was put on hold).

Auch! :headbang2: Happy New Year man.

Thanks, you too.

I must have had the time of my life considering how much I can't remember...

That's scary that they had to call an ambulance.  I hope you never do it again.

I'm not even gonna drink again, I only drink a few times a year and I only drink to get stinking drunk. Not anymore.

:emb:

Holy shit, Dude!  Just noticed this. Wholly shit!

I have said the same thing about just drinking to get drunk, but I was always the first to pass out after about four or five drinks. I've never ever had any where near that much to drink. I simply can't - "lightweight date,"   here!

Hope you're OK.

Yeah thanks. I hope I'm alright too, I'm a little concerned about organ damage, although its probably nothing, just being away I guess. Today is the first day since that I dont have any pain, I hurt like hell all over for a while there. The thing is, I dont even remember starting on the second bottle, which is scary.

Rest, hydration, vitamin B12, vitamin C, in that order of importance, it seems.

Your liver is one of the few organs which can become severely damaged and yet recover to normal functioning ability.

Good luck with this recovery period!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:25:52 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4951 on: January 05, 2009, 03:26:43 AM »
Sat around in extreme pain because I'm still recovering from nearly drinking myself to death on new years.

Fucking one and half bottles of vodka in a few hours, what was I thinking (okay so perhaps the thinking was put on hold).

Thanks, you too.

I'm not even gonna drink again, I only drink a few times a year and I only drink to get stinking drunk. Not anymore.

I have said the same thing about just drinking to get drunk, but I was always the first to pass out after about four or five drinks. I've never ever had any where near that much to drink. I simply can't - "lightweight date,"   here!

Hope you're OK.

Yeah thanks. I hope I'm alright too, I'm a little concerned about organ damage, although its probably nothing, just being away I guess. Today is the first day since that I dont have any pain, I hurt like hell all over for a while there. The thing is, I dont even remember starting on the second bottle, which is scary.

Maybe you should ask the doctor before taking anything like Tylenol for a while until you are better just to be on the safe side since Tylenol can hurt your liver too.

I'm glad that you won't drink anymore.

It's good that your liver can heal itself, so hopefully you won't suffer from any long-term effects of this binge.

Blasted

« Reply #4952 on: January 05, 2009, 04:44:18 AM »
Managed to get my ass into college on time.

duncvis

« Reply #4953 on: January 05, 2009, 06:46:08 AM »
Ran round like an idiot for an hour and a half getting the kids ready for school and there in the snow; nursed Mel (who has the flu. Happy joy); took some washing to my gran's house to do since our washer is on the blink; sorted out an idiotic debt recovery company who don't seem to know when they have already been paid (and consequently sent me a snotty letter two days before Christmas, then shutting down for over a week  :wanker: ). Now taking a break before making some food and tidying up before the schools and washing run starts. :GA:

TheoK

« Reply #4954 on: January 05, 2009, 07:45:47 AM »
Been to the hair dresser, eaten pizza, bought beer.  8)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4955 on: January 05, 2009, 09:08:40 AM »

Thanks, you too.

Hope you're OK.

Maybe you should ask the doctor before taking anything like Tylenol for a while until you are better just to be on the safe side since Tylenol can hurt your liver too.

I'm glad that you won't drink anymore.

It's good that your liver can heal itself, so hopefully you won't suffer from any long-term effects of this binge.

I took paracetamol for the first few days, not exceeding the recommended dosage, not that It had much effect. I mainly used it before sleeping.

Thank you for the kind words, I've been pretty hard on myself over this whole thing. I feel ashamed at what I put my family and friends through, even though they seem more concerned that I'm okay than anything.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4956 on: January 05, 2009, 04:46:28 PM »
Helped a guy jumpstart his car.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4957 on: January 05, 2009, 05:09:18 PM »
Took my crazy father grocery shopping it took forever
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #4958 on: January 05, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »
Messed around on the computer until 2:00 pm, went down to my Union Hall to drop off a thank you letter from a charity to be read at the next meeting and went to the waterfront to have tea and read my book for a couple of hours. I also finished signing up for and paid for an Intro to Solar Power class that starts this Wednesday and finishes next week.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:13:50 PM by P7PSP »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4959 on: January 05, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »

I hate that shit so fucking much man. When I go to the store, I go to get something I need. The problem is, all my family and friends like to wander around in the store looking at objects ALL FUCKING DAY. I don't understand this strange behavior.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4960 on: January 05, 2009, 11:07:08 PM »

I hate that shit so fucking much man. When I go to the store, I go to get something I need. The problem is, all my family and friends like to wander around in the store looking at objects ALL FUCKING DAY. I don't understand this strange behavior.

YES. I abhor shopping.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4961 on: January 05, 2009, 11:21:23 PM »
I cleaned out my storage unit today, and sorted out what I wanted to keep and what I could get rid of. I found my legos during this activity. Oh man I remember some great times I had with them.

I'm going to give them to my niece tomorrow. I hope she has as much fun with them as I did, and she probably will. Shes a smart, technical type little girl.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4962 on: January 06, 2009, 03:10:21 AM »

It's more like they don't like looking at the cool shit you like. Plus there comes a point where you've had your fill of being social and wanna just fuck it all and drive home.

duncvis

« Reply #4963 on: January 06, 2009, 05:09:18 AM »
...usually before you've found what you wanted.  ::)

dropped kids off at school late thanks to a 'I'll just sleep five more minutes' malfunction, collected more washing from grandma's, looked after Mel, procrastinated. I need to try and fix the pump on the washer today when I can be arsed.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4964 on: January 06, 2009, 08:28:49 AM »
...usually before you've found what you wanted.  ::)

dropped kids off at school late thanks to a 'I'll just sleep five more minutes' malfunction, collected more washing from grandma's, looked after Mel, procrastinated. I need to try and fix the pump on the washer today when I can be arsed.

Which is weird cos a 5 min dream can last ages in dream time.