Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134095 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #4935 on: January 02, 2009, 09:49:42 PM »
Modified the electric heater in the living room.  It's one of the ones that simulates a fire; it had a couple of 40 watt incandescent light bulbs and an 11 watt motor that rotated an axle with reflective strips on it, to generate a flickering fire effect.  Mum likes to have it on for about 8 hours a day for the glowing effect, and often leaves it on when she goes out, which is an enormous waste of electricity, and something had worn out in the motor and was causing an irritating knockknockknockknock sound as the reflectors rotated, so I disconnected the motor from the power supply, removed the light bulbs and coiled some LED fairy lights inside it to replace the glow.  The flicker isn't as good as it used to be, since the fairy lights don't have a very good control unit, but the power consumption when it's not being used to provide heat has dropped from 91 watts to 4 watts.  The actual heater is a separate small unit that's screwed to the underside of the main cabinet, so I don't have to worry about the fairy lights melting.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4936 on: January 03, 2009, 06:11:52 AM »
Sat around in extreme pain because I'm still recovering from nearly drinking myself to death on new years.

I can't even remember that they had to call the ambulance. Fuck.

Fucking one and half bottles of vodka in a few hours, what was I thinking (okay so perhaps the thinking was put on hold).

Auch! :headbang2: Happy New Year man.

Thanks, you too.

I must have had the time of my life considering how much I can't remember...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4937 on: January 03, 2009, 04:35:36 PM »
You're not brave enough to eat tramadol,  :moomin:  8)

So, show us just how brave *you* are.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #4938 on: January 03, 2009, 09:08:45 PM »
Picked up more of my wife's boxes from MIL's house, picked up/dropped off cleaning, filled car with gasoline, paid bills, mailed Netflix back, came home, unloaded boxes from car, heated up leftover chicken and broccoli, ate, drank beer. Now preparing later this evening to cook more chicken, do research on glucosamine/chondrotin supplemetation for felines, take more photos of Xmas decor before takedown next week.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

duncvis

« Reply #4939 on: January 04, 2009, 05:42:21 AM »
not a lot. trying to avoid doing much else.  :orly:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4940 on: January 04, 2009, 07:36:59 AM »
Went out to breakfast at a dinner on the beach
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4941 on: January 04, 2009, 08:21:28 AM »
Sat around in extreme pain because I'm still recovering from nearly drinking myself to death on new years.

Fucking one and half bottles of vodka in a few hours, what was I thinking (okay so perhaps the thinking was put on hold).

Thanks, you too.

That's scary that they had to call an ambulance.  I hope you never do it again.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4942 on: January 04, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »
This was yesterday, but, I finally bit the bullet and got a friend to cut off over a foot of my hair, which I'm going to send to locks of love sometime this week.  It looks cute (also, it's a very unique cut) but I'm still in a bizarre phase where I have 'phantom hair' (keep thinking I "should" have more hair when I go to brush it back, etc).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4943 on: January 04, 2009, 12:14:16 PM »
cleaned apartment, took partner to airport, cleaned apartment some more, ran bathwater and about to take my last bath here. made the following to do list:

clean some more, check cobwebs, closets and storage box, load car and estimate if a trip to the big storage box is warranted. if not, i will sleep in the bathroom, go to work for 12:30 tomorrow, notify phone service to shut off phone, call IRS to ask for payment arrangement, call hospital to ask for payment arrangement, write articles to see if i can make money from them, leave work for mother's house at 8pm, settle in for the night there and hope that grief doesn't disable me from doing what i need to do.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4944 on: January 04, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »

Laid into my supervisor for being a weak-assed cunt.

I probably said too much, well past the point where I was over my burst. He is almost as strong as I am, but much younger, and he has been punked by the over-lord's ()maid of the day() wench-image, who presides over him.

I hope I have not lost a "friend" to this outburst, but I was pissed at other middle-management personae and I took it out on him, because he was there.

I hate stresses outside of my control. Why can't we all be allowed to do our jobs!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4945 on: January 04, 2009, 12:46:40 PM »
Built a wall in the basement for my son's room
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4946 on: January 04, 2009, 02:34:17 PM »
Serviced a cinema a friend of mine works at. The light produced on screen was uneven from both projectors. Bloody German projectors.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4947 on: January 04, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »

Thanks, you too.

I'm not even gonna drink again, I only drink a few times a year and I only drink to get stinking drunk. Not anymore.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4948 on: January 04, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »

Thanks, you too.

I'm not even gonna drink again, I only drink a few times a year and I only drink to get stinking drunk. Not anymore.

:emb:

Holy shit, Dude!  Just noticed this. Wholly shit!

I have said the same thing about just drinking to get drunk, but I was always the first to pass out after about four or five drinks. I've never ever had any where near that much to drink. I simply can't - "lightweight date,"   here!

Hope you're OK.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:14:50 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4949 on: January 04, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »

Thanks, you too.

:emb:

Holy shit, Dude!  Just noticed this. Wholly shit!

I have said the same thing about just drinking to get drunk, but I was always the first to pass out after about four or five drinks. I've never ever had any where near that much to drink. I simply can't - "lightweight date,"   here!

Hope you're OK.

Yeah thanks. I hope I'm alright too, I'm a little concerned about organ damage, although its probably nothing, just being away I guess. Today is the first day since that I dont have any pain, I hurt like hell all over for a while there. The thing is, I dont even remember starting on the second bottle, which is scary.