Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135904 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #4440 on: October 04, 2008, 06:51:53 PM »

You sold your Walking Liberty silver dollar and put your house on the market?

Things must be pretty bad for you then.

:(

Hope things get better soon.  I have not hit up the coins or silver yet but am considering it do to cash flow problems
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #4441 on: October 04, 2008, 06:53:28 PM »

You sold your Walking Liberty silver dollar and put your house on the market?

Things must be pretty bad for you then.

:(
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4442 on: October 04, 2008, 07:07:47 PM »
Worked on ladders and planks that swayed way too much

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #4443 on: October 04, 2008, 08:49:29 PM »
Watched the end of the Red Sox win, tried to go to bed, got up and :wanker: to try to help fall asleep, went to bed, was awoken by kids, fed kids, had Froot Loops, tried to sleep some more, finally got up, watched my Alma Mater (Miami Hurricanes) lose, played LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga on Wii, ate dinner, put kids to bed, watched Total Drama Island, and am now watching Naruto.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4444 on: October 05, 2008, 04:46:36 AM »
Cut open my fingers to extract fragments of thorns that had lodged deep under the skin and were causing inflammation.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4445 on: October 05, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »
I made a primitive-style pumpkin cake using whole wheat, from a pioneer's recipe when I came from work. (local pumpkins are cheap as dirt, right now)

It's still too hot to glaze, but it smells wonderful!

The modern-ish cream cheese glaze may not last untit's cool enough.

It's just too good and seems popular with the kidds, topping a box pudding. I can make another batch of glaze, though, if I need.
:hair:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:11:59 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4446 on: October 05, 2008, 01:54:41 PM »
Waggy got to be fierce at the beach.  She met a couple of much larger dogs; they were probably about 5 times her weight, and they were young and boisterous, and Waggy kept having to avoid being knocked over and trampled by them, which made her nervous, but after a while she started to assert herself by snapping her jaws in the air at them, after which they kept a respectful distance and she became a lot more confident.  She be quite plucky when the mood takes her.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

duncvis

« Reply #4447 on: October 05, 2008, 02:46:54 PM »
usual sunday stuff - endured noise, played with kids, helped with homework, bathed kids, walked dog, etc etc. roll on monday.  :yawn:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4448 on: October 08, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »

Saved a salamander.

When I had been at work about an hour (still dark outside), two of the teens who work in the media section were "ON ABOUT SOMETHING"  and I had buttloads of shit to do, so I tried to ignore them. They were hootin' and hollerin'  about something, when finally one of them came over and said I should come see this weird wet lizard they found.

You probably know the look I gave him. After about a minute of stammering the kid could still not produce a discernible answer to the question, "WTF are you talking about?"  I decided to investigate all the noise. These two teen age boys had this poor, cold, drying salamander trapped in a corner. It had obviously scurried in from the storm last night and, since it could not find water inside a BB store, it was in rough shape, with hair, bits of cardboard and dust bunny nests clinging to it, and all that made so much worse by the two teens poking at it with a three foot long, plastic screwdriver thingy that is normally used to adjust the overhead display projectors.
I grabbed the thing and whacked them both in the shins (playfully, but dreaming that it was a machete), reached down and picked the salamander up. They both went, "EEEEeeeeeeeeeeWWWWwwwwwwwwww!"

Honestly, where the hell have these kids been all their lives?

It was a big one! There is a pet store nearby, so my first thought was that it was an escapee, but I only wanted to set it free. On my way out to find wet ground with this enormous critter, only one other of the seven people who were working there, knew what it was. So, I asked him if he wanted to try a lick? He cringed. (I doubt he even knows anything about the psychotropic alkaloid compounds their skin exudes)
This salamander was longer than my forearm and almost as big in diameter as my wrist. We're talking about probably a six or seven year old great, great, great grandfather of a "wet lizard" that I was quickly shuttling to safety outside, back to the wild.

I was a real hero today to an old salamander! I don't mind that he tried to bite my finger off (they don't have strong jaw muscles or teeth) at all, but it showed me that he still wanted desperately to live on.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4449 on: October 08, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »
You're a hero anyway, Dawg. :)  :thumbup:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4450 on: October 08, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
You're a hero anyway, Dawg. :)  :thumbup:

Just had to share that. I felt all chest-puffy, chivalrous and gallant, earlier today.

:D

Offline the evil one

• Part of the Chaos
  • badder than death
« Reply #4451 on: October 08, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »
-Working on playing my songs on electric guitar with drums (bass and hi-hat) and vocals.
-Changing the strings on my SG: I will now play in a good tuning for slide and it will not go out of tune.
-Posting a lot on sites like this one.
-Walking the dog.
-Watching music videos on youtube, and posting them on these sites whenever I can find an excuse.
-Eating stuff with cheese in it.
-Plans to go bar-hopping in Chinatown with my brother later on.  We like to go to the places where no one is speaking English.
-Might go play some pool after that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4452 on: October 08, 2008, 04:23:11 PM »
Worked. Drank some beer. Posted.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4453 on: October 08, 2008, 04:36:35 PM »
Worked

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4454 on: October 09, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »
Worked. Fed the kids.

- Albert Einstein