Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135293 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #2220 on: February 01, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
I know. :laugh: ::sigh::

well, get your imagination going, and we can, er, "compare notes".   :eyelash:

I'm so bad at the theoretical stuff, so perhaps you can suggest some testing or hands-on instruction?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2221 on: February 01, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
I know. :laugh: ::sigh::

well, get your imagination going, and we can, er, "compare notes".   :eyelash:

I'm so bad at the theoretical stuff, so perhaps you can suggest some testing or hands-on instruction?

good point.  shall i show you instead?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2222 on: February 01, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »
Would you mind?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2223 on: February 02, 2008, 02:39:23 AM »
Would you mind?

not in the slightest.

you want me to draw you diagrams, mime it, or are you more of an experiential, hands on type?  (as if i didn't know...)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2224 on: February 02, 2008, 02:50:44 AM »
I prefer hands on instruction and must also point out that I'm a visual learner.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2225 on: February 02, 2008, 02:52:46 AM »
I prefer hands on instruction and must also point out that I'm a visual learner.

i noticed...  :P

fair enough.  i'd best get the broomstick serviced then.  ;)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2226 on: February 11, 2008, 04:16:08 AM »
Hacked off all my hair.  :'(

Looks crappy, until it understands
that it's short. And then, I'll have to
trim it.

Was so fucking soft.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #2227 on: February 11, 2008, 05:00:43 AM »
I hacked off a big chunk of my hair last week too- its so thick I could have stuffed a pillow with what I cut off.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2228 on: February 11, 2008, 05:03:16 AM »
Yeah. Mine's pretty thick too. I see
why my wife liked to save it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2229 on: February 11, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »

Not a fuckking thing, but I've been bitched out by peeople far stupider than I am, over shitt I have zero influence upon.

I showed one the size of my asss.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2230 on: February 11, 2008, 01:39:01 PM »
Placed an order on a modem/router thingy to replace my D-Link that just won't operate properly.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2231 on: February 11, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »
Placed an order on a modem/router thingy to replace my D-Link that just won't operate properly.

I remember you recommending against a D-Link to Scr'eap. Obviously you were speaking from experience.

Our store offers D-link, LinKSys, Belkin, Netgear and two house brands, Rocketfish and Dynex, in about sixxty different configurations. That whole aisle boggles my mind. I want to learn about alll that stuff, but no one ever haas time to talk to me.

Of these, the in-house geek squad always use Netgear for their own company or personal use and if I was choosing one by the pound I would concur. There is a lot more stuff inside a Netgear box!

Do any of these other brands ring a bell?

Are these guys as smart about routers as they claim to be, as indicated by their favorite?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2232 on: February 11, 2008, 03:03:58 PM »

I remember you recommending against a D-Link to Scr'eap. Obviously you were speaking from experience.

Our store offers D-link, LinKSys, Belkin, Netgear and two house brands, Rocketfish and Dynex, in about sixxty different configurations. That whole aisle boggles my mind. I want to learn about alll that stuff, but no one ever haas time to talk to me.

Of these, the in-house geek squad always use Netgear for their own company or personal use and if I was choosing one by the pound I would concur. There is a lot more stuff inside a Netgear box!

Are these guys as smart about routers as they claim to be, as indicated by their favorite?

Netgear's fine. I've only had good experiences with them. I went for a Linksys today, though--it's Cisco's consumer brand, and, according to a tech who's opinions I trust, very good.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2233 on: February 11, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »

Netgear's fine. I've only had good experiences with them. I went for a Linksys today, though--it's Cisco's consumer brand, and, according to a tech who's opinions I trust, very good.

Hope it works out fine.

I've also heard Linksys touted as a top brand.

Interestingly, when I look up in our system any item number from D-Link for SOP on customer returns, we are instructed to junk them out and replace them. All the others (even our Korean and Chinese generics) are supposed to be sent to the service department for repairs.

:D

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2234 on: February 11, 2008, 03:22:13 PM »
D-Link routers are unreliable. I've had lots of trouble with mine, lately. The intergeeks just disappear, sometimes for minutes at a time. The wireless connection requires a reboot every day to function. I'm sick of it.

I'll get the Linksys on Thursday, probably.

- Albert Einstein