Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135657 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1365 on: October 04, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »
Gave a customer bad news their work will cost probably another three thousand to complete because of water damage
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #1366 on: October 04, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »
:dawg:

ALRIGHT DAWG!!! :woohoo:

good luck matey. hope all goes well. :thumbup:

Thanks, Dunc!

It's been two and a half years since I was employed. I hope I can remember how to nod and smile a lot, for the first few days. :laugh:

Don't forget the eye contact,  for some reason NT's seem to feel this is important.  As in, if you don't, they don't think your listening to them!   It's a trick to make eye contact just enough to satisfy them, without violating your own sense of self!   ::)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1367 on: October 04, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »

Thanks, Dunc!

It's been two and a half years since I was employed. I hope I can remember how to nod and smile a lot, for the first few days. :laugh:

Don't forget the eye contact,  for some reason NT's seem to feel this is important.  As in, if you don't, they don't think your listening to them!   It's a trick to make eye contact just enough to satisfy them, without violating your own sense of self!   ::)

But you can look at their forehead or their mouth instead, if it makes you feel uncomfortable to gaze into their eyes.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1368 on: October 04, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »

Thanks, Dunc!

Good advice, Ozy!

I do OK in that department, though. I've had a lot of practice and on my good days, eye contact is a valuable psychological tool I can wield. The expectation that some people have for eye contact was fairly well slapped into me by the time I hit puberty. Even public school teachers used to slap to "get your attention" if you weren't looking right at them. By the time I was in elementary school, they had mostly stopped using sticks on kids in my neck o' the woods, except paddles for the booty, but they still slapped the "problem children."

I got sent to the principal's office because I wouldn't look at my fourth grade teacher's eyes. It grossed me out, because they were so caked with mascara that I could literally hear her blink about ten or twelve feet away, at my desk. I always sat up front, because I couldn't stand anyone in front of me. The noise was her lashes as they stuck together and pulled apart on every blink. It was very rhythmic and it always made me think of soldiers marching in mud, but it was in slow motion.
She was a bitch in lots of ways.

Callaway, more good advice. It's not a problem at all, except when I am overloaded. Most of the time I feel that coming on, too.

I got this one licked. I really do.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 08:13:59 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1369 on: October 05, 2007, 01:43:29 AM »
But you can look at their forehead or their mouth instead, if it makes you feel uncomfortable to gaze into their eyes.
Thinking about interviews now. Eek. I applied for a job online today.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1370 on: October 05, 2007, 03:24:39 AM »
Not very much up to now.  It looks like a lovely day though.  Well, for October anyway.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1371 on: October 05, 2007, 08:11:37 AM »
Got everyone ready, took the kids to school and Xan to pre-school, then went to watch the school's harvest service.  It was such a beautiful day that we had a walk around the village and sat in the sun for a while afterwards till it was time to go pick Xan up.  Its still a beautiful day. :)

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1372 on: October 05, 2007, 09:33:57 AM »
I've been up the Forest of Bowland.  Photos are currently being upped to Flickr.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #1373 on: October 05, 2007, 10:04:02 AM »
I played entirely too much Mario Party 8 today on the Wii.

re: Single player mode. Last level my ARSE!!!! the game didn't finish until 30mins past midnight.

Sigh, most likely will be playing more tomorrow though.

(I dread falling asleep tomight, my dreams are going to be demented).

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #1374 on: October 05, 2007, 01:36:04 PM »
Exercised, studied, updated my budget.  Mom owes me $20, and I don't know if I am going to get Jessica that dirty magazine, as she is being a bitch.  I may dumb.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1375 on: October 05, 2007, 01:50:06 PM »
films.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:11:29 AM by enronhubbard »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1376 on: October 05, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »
Dog sat for the last day I'll miss him.  Worked on a older house removing siding blowing insulation and replacing siding.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #1377 on: October 05, 2007, 05:26:29 PM »
Spent most of the day at the local fair with Amber, came home for a breather and a spot of tea, took Amber to her horse riding lessons, came home ate supper! :P

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1378 on: October 06, 2007, 01:23:43 AM »
Worked and then went to class (listened to the teacher accuse everyone but a few people of plagarizing) When I got home I dropped a heavy fucking piece of furniture on my foot while putting together for my parents.   Hung out with some friends smoking weed and playing Halo 3 for the rest of the night.   
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1379 on: October 06, 2007, 01:55:02 AM »
Worked and then went to class (listened to the teacher accuse everyone but a few people of plagarizing) When I got home I dropped a heavy fucking piece of furniture on my foot while putting together for my parents.   Hung out with some friends smoking weed and playing Halo 3 for the rest of the night.   

I hope you are one of the few that didn't if not shame on you...shame on you!  :laugh: