Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 136151 times)

Litigious

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »
Post whored, drunk coffee, checked the tyres, oil etc on the car; taken a walk.  8)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2007, 08:54:55 AM »
Contracted a head ache.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2007, 09:09:51 AM »
Screened three feature films, so far. Three more to go today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2007, 05:40:56 PM »
I took 3 times the normal dose of an extra strength laxative.  It is working, and I feel really good.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

ozymandias

« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »
Made my wife laugh by showing her our aspie elite titles!

Biggest chuckles go to:

QC--Bake sale coordinator for the aspie elite
McJ--Man whore of the aspie elite

Take a bow!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2007, 11:47:30 PM »
I'd bow but McJ actually thought of mine.  :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2007, 11:56:32 PM »
I finished 6 prototype Cylinder heads for testing in Pomona on the 11th. Started repairs on all the damaged heads from testing in Las Vegas, came home, ate and i'm working on getting drunk.  :beer:

Litigious

« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2007, 02:18:44 AM »
Drunk coffee, post whored, brushed my teeth... 8)

Graelwyn

« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2007, 10:11:58 AM »
Got out of bed, posted some stuff and had a coffee.

Litigious

« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2007, 11:42:39 AM »
Been to the pharmacy, the hairdresser, eaten lunch on a restaurant.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »
Cleaned up a lot of vomit.

I have a sick daughter and she goes absolutely apeshit, bug-eyed crazy when she vomits! She can't deal with it at all and runs through the house in total panic, screaming and slinging vomit everywhere as it comes out. I'm usually able to contain it, and her panic, better, but I was on the pot when the last one happened. Oh, devine joy ... the thought of autistic vomit!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »
Cleaned up a lot of vomit.

I have a sick daughter and she goes absolutely apeshit, bug-eyed crazy when she vomits! She can't deal with it at all and runs through the house in total panic, screaming and slinging vomit everywhere as it comes out. I'm usually able to contain it, and her panic, better, but I was on the pot when the last one happened. Oh, devine joy ... the thought of autistic vomit!

My daughter does the same thing when she vomits.  She has gotten better because she at least heads toward the bathroom while she is vomiting and leaves a trail, but getting vomit out of the carpet on the stairs is difficult, even with a good steam cleaner.  She gets gagged on something and vomits easily, even when she is not sick.

If your daughter's vomiting does not stop and she can't keep down oral rehydration fluid so that you become concerned about dehydration, you can call her pediatrician.  There is prescription medication that can help, but you don't want to use it too soon.  I think it is called Phenergan.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2007, 12:38:01 PM »
We got past the worst of it last night (I haven't slept more than a few hours in two days), but one last time this morning the panic hit. She seems fine, right now, and I'm crossing my fingers, spitting over my shoulder, knocking on wood and doing an Apache spirit dance, just in case.

She tells me I have to get all the feathers out of the house ... ??? ... or this will just keep on happening. I have learned to try to get some meaning from these odd-at-first-glance insights of hers. I have already done a ritual style pillow disembowelment this morning, to prove that it contained only fluff and no feathers, gotten rid of feather dusters, also, in order to set her mind at ease and I've tried my best to prove to her that there are no more feathers in the house. (OCD, maybe?) Everyone of us is a handful ... I don't know how my wife deals with us sometimes.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:14 PM »
Does she have allergies? 

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2007, 03:08:23 PM »
Does she have allergies? 

None that I have noticed.

This feather fear just popped up in the last few days, so, at this point I'm trying to blame a bad dream, the fact she has a "tickle" in her throat, or something from a commercial (television commercials are loaded with contradictory things, which make no sense and can, actually, do harm) she might have seen, by mistake. We don't watch television, but we go into places where she may have seen something on a booob tube, somewhere. I try to be very careful, but I also have to block out all that stuff, myself. I could easily have missed noticing a television going, in some stressful place where we were. Even if I had hustled her past it quickly, she would still have a semi-complete videographic memory of it, which I know of from past experience.

We will make out fine, but I'm not sure where we will end up. Right now, I have to go settle an argument, between the two, about whether she has an armoire or a wardrobe.
 ::)