Author Topic: Site Management Update and Rules  (Read 8913 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Site Management Update and Rules
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2013, 12:13:29 AM »
Correct. It is also why she refuses to actually make any real point.
The fact that we are a niche site with limited numbers to begin with, this site is not an every person site, and we are during a time where forums are not major drawers of traffic.
So this goes a large way to explain things BUT it you throw implications and allusions into the mix with "you may as well build a barb wire fence around it" what does that suggest? "

"We are wanting no one to join?" "We defend this place from any newcomers?" "We are wanting to trap members here?" well none of this is true BUT an allusion or implication can be drawn from such.

So no Butterflies is not saying it out of concern. Once again Butterflies is trying rather badly to find an issue to latch onto and she wants to cause dissension and ill-feeling from her insinuations.
She can not create and if she could the Spasticity would have done better. She is good at misinformation, drama creation and bullshitting. Not great at it but good.

She is not using a drop in numbers to come up with suggestions for improvement nor see any reasonable reason for this. She wants to imply all types of negative bullshit. That is cool.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2013, 12:27:33 AM »
The whole barbed wire accusation is bizarre, IMO, especially when posted in this particular thread. Consider the guy who started it.

Now, I'm pretty sure I know who this person is, and I'm equally sure I know why he trolled the site. Nevertheless, until he crossed a few lines and decided to go for sheer stupidity, him posting here was fine. The admin thing was mildly amusing, at least, but I will not allow him to simply change the site into a trolling ground.

His reasons to post weren't all that different from Butterflies', though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2013, 02:02:40 AM »
@Les. I don't expect a niche site like this to be too active. However, the fact that activity has almost halved in the last year should be a source of concern.

I'm concerned. I'm too jaded at the moment to take the bait though.
Yes i am too.  The only thing i can do about it is to post, post, post.  In fact my own post average has gone up! :M

Aren't you all lucky :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2013, 03:33:12 AM »
The whole barbed wire accusation is bizarre, IMO, especially when posted in this particular thread. Consider the guy who started it.

Now, I'm pretty sure I know who this person is, and I'm equally sure I know why he trolled the site. Nevertheless, until he crossed a few lines and decided to go for sheer stupidity, him posting here was fine. The admin thing was mildly amusing, at least, but I will not allow him to simply change the site into a trolling ground.

His reasons to post weren't all that different from Butterflies', though.

Yup. Butterflies is creative when it comes to trying to cause subtle dissension and implication.
I just like pulling her up on bullshit. It amuses me. Interacting with her is a means to an end. The end is finding gems like this barb wire bullshit. It is like a little puzzle. "Ok she has said a, b, c...what little agenda or what angle or inference is she trying?" Eventually it comes out or she provides more to puzzle over. She does not talk straight and is not transparent with intent so looking for her angle is interesting and exposing it, funny.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »
I like Butterflies, I like Odeon, I like Les.  I understand why Butterflies is trolling (kind of .. I missed the actual inciting event but it has been ongoing for a year now.  It can't possibly be the TCO thing can it?  That was way too long ago), but I don't understand why Odeon and Les keep feeding her  :dunno:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2013, 10:52:29 AM »
You want to starve a butterfly? :zombiefuck:

Vegans are the cruellest of beings towards their fellow critters indeed.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2013, 11:19:44 AM »
 :rollercoaster:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »
@MLA. Your guess is as good as mine. I think Les' issue with me stretches back to the Pandora incident. I think the issues with Odeon are more down to a series of misunderstandings on both sides.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »
I like Butterflies, I like Odeon, I like Les.  I understand why Butterflies is trolling (kind of .. I missed the actual inciting event but it has been ongoing for a year now.  It can't possibly be the TCO thing can it?  That was way too long ago), but I don't understand why Odeon and Les keep feeding her  :dunno:

Mildly amusing to me. Not much more than that.
I would do the same to other similar people and for similar reasons. Ricky and Randy are two similar examples.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »

Target practice.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »

I would do the same to other similar people and for similar reasons. Ricky and Randy are two similar examples.

Hey, Randy's got hero status here. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2013, 03:15:17 PM »
Oh, and just one more comment, on a more serious note.

I very much doubt it's possible for everyone on a forum to get along, but it's OK. It is as it should be. Nothing quite so boring as all those kumbaya sites where everyone is forced to be nice to one another.

And in the end, it's just an internet message board. It's not the end of the world.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
Oh, and just one more comment, on a more serious note.

I very much doubt it's possible for everyone on a forum to get along, but it's OK. It is as it should be. Nothing quite so boring as all those kumbaya sites where everyone is forced to be nice to one another.

And in the end, it's just an internet message board. It's not the end of the world.

If you mean that we should stop bitching at each other, then I'm up for it, if you are :viking:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2013, 11:27:39 PM »

Hey, Randy's got hero status here. :zoinks:

He has. :)
He was occassionally a bit of a pain in the arse. He thought he was cleverer than he was and he posted a fair bit of bullshit. Like Ricky and like Butterflies.
I don't hate Randy...nor Ricky...nor Butterflies.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2013, 01:16:39 AM »
@Les. I don't expect a niche site like this to be too active. However, the fact that activity has almost halved in the last year should be a source of concern.

I'm concerned. I'm too jaded at the moment to take the bait though.
Yes i am too.  The only thing i can do about it is to post, post, post.  In fact my own post average has gone up! :M

Aren't you all lucky :zoinks:

You have indeed been posting with great vigor and imagination lately, you inspire me!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"