Author Topic: Physiotherapy  (Read 224 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Physiotherapy
« on: October 24, 2012, 04:30:07 AM »
Anyone have any experiences with it?  My doctor's referred me for this injury that's been bothering me for the past 20 months, but I'm skeptical about how useful it'll be.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Physiotherapy
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 04:43:53 AM »
What kind of game is this? :P

I have had physiotherapy on my sacro-iliac joint which is kind of an embarrassing place to injure and it didn't really work. I had massage, the TENS machine up to its maximum and acupuncture. The only thing that helped the injury was stopping what was aggravating it in the first place (forklift driving).
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 07:45:54 AM »
I have had a lot of it and it has worked pretty well for me.  They taught me to strengthen and stretch the muscles, they use ice and ultrasound and an electrical stimulation machine to reduce inflammation, and they have massaged the injured part to break up scar tissue.

I definitely think it's worth a try.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:05:32 AM »

I have had physiotherapy on my sacro-iliac joint which is kind of an embarrassing place to injure and it didn't really work. I had massage, the TENS machine up to its maximum and acupuncture. The only thing that helped the injury was stopping what was aggravating it in the first place (forklift driving).

I think I was aiming for "what's your crime?".  My injury is somewhere in the pelvic region too (I've never been able to pin down the exact location), but I'll survive the embarrassment of butt massages and stuff.

I have had a lot of it and it has worked pretty well for me.  They taught me to strengthen and stretch the muscles, they use ice and ultrasound and an electrical stimulation machine to reduce inflammation, and they have massaged the injured part to break up scar tissue.

I definitely think it's worth a try.

I might have some scar tissue in there; sometimes it feels like it's healed and I won't get any pain for weeks, but then when I try to run, the pain comes back after a few minutes, and inflexible scar tissue could be to blame.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »

With SI joint problems, it depends very much on how good the physiotherapist is with that particular problem. Some seem to have a real talent for treating it, where as others just plod along without making things any better.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »
Went to my favourite physiotherapist today. She knows my back by hand, and knows how to deal with me.
I'm having a recurring problem. I store stress in my muscles, and, sometimes it builds up so strong in my back that the radiating of said stress make my trigeminal nerve go berserk.

I've had more physiotherapists massaging me for that problem. But, now I have my favourite one again. She is effective, and the differences before and after treatment are big. She was pleased that she had not seen me for a very long time. And is quite optimistic in how fast I will be healing this time.

Have had physiotherapy for hip-problems too, years ago. Worked. Have had Mensendieck and Cesar therapy when I was a student and a high-school kid for the same too, also worked. Differences in body brought back the problems, and probably will bring them back again and again, till the moment replacing hips is the best option. Hip problems are a genetic present from the maternal line.
At the moment my hips are acting up, as are my knees, but, I think those problems now are mainly related to my march foot. Need to get myself to a podotherapist, to get myself some customised inlays. I have the referral, only need to make an appointment and act on it. Apparently inlays can make a huge difference. And, I notice my hip is a lot better in the morning, if I used an elastic bandage on my foot the day before, tearing my foot in a more normal shape.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!